Ch28 [Mr.Fool–”The first meeting and code names”]
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch28 [Mr.Fool–“The first meeting and code names”]

Luwen was lost in thought. Since there was a God in fool pathway, does that mean there was also an existing gods in door and error pathway? And does that mean that they were also an Evil Gods? Luwen questioned inside his mind. Thinking of his ridiculous and pessimistic theory, that might be probable, given the attitude that Mr.Miller had given him that time.

Mr.Miller was mostly had a gentle, amiable and calm demeanor. He always have a reassuring smile on his face. Through the only exceptions are when he was taking the statements. His eyes would gleam like a predator. Considering that he was feeding and nourishing himself in statements, the behavior of Mr.Miller during those times are considered normal according to the other members of Watcher's Crown.

Luwen was certain that he wasn't human. As well as the other avatars of the entities. Maybe they are a creature according to his speculation. Monsters, all of them. But what kind, he doesn't know.

Luwen was broken out of his reverie, when the Lady have asked the mysterious powerful being; Mr. Fool, to bear witness on their trade. He was surprised when 'he' agreed to bear witness on the lady and the man's transaction. Never would Luwen thought that an Evil God would be so magnanimous. He was certain that there was a purpose behind the mysterious being's considerations.

Luwen remained a bystander between the proceedings of lady; who was probably of a noble status and the man, who Luwen can't still discern some clues of his identity and background. The man is cautious and crafty. But hearing the place of their trade of agreement, and the designation of his 'captain' codename in that place. This person is probably a beyonder who mostly voyage on the sea a lot of times. Then, Luwen remembered one of the pathways that the man said earlier. The sailor pathway. Connecting the two information, the man has a high possibility of being a beyonder of Sailor Pathway. And with the codename of a captain, it was probable that he was a member of the Navy, a captain of a pirate ship; or considering that his pathway was in the hands of the Church of the Lord of Storms, there was also a possibility that he was a member of that Church.

The lady, she probably live in East Chester County or in the Backlund Capital. While thinking and speculating the background of the two unknown people, Luwen suddenly felt the changes within his spiritual body. The digestion of the potion had become much faster. Luwen was surprise, yet at the same time, he also felt elated.

Then, his feeling of elation didn't last longer when the lady have asked, or requested to Mr.Fool. He only felt dread when the man has supported the lady.

Luwen hoped that this would be just a one time thing, since the mysterious being known as Mr.Fool had said that this is just an attempt. Just hearing the suggestions of the lady and the man, Luwen had a feeling that he would lose his control earlier than his seniors. Then he would turn into some kind of horrifying monster and his Seniors would kill him. It was also probable that Senior Milka would be happy when he died.

There was this horrible imagery of her, Senior Milka, laughing and celebrating while looking down on his dead monster corpse. Senior Nicholas and maybe Senior Johnson looking at him with a regretful face. Then Senior Rosa saying that it was a good time to get drunk. And finally, the most horrifying was Senior Connor looking stoic and expressionless as usual while taking the beyonder characteristic left behind by his monster corpse.

Considering that there are many things unknown on the Magnus Institute, there was a possibility that losing control and dying wouldn't be the worst thing that would happen to him.

" Mr. Fool, I think that it is a good suggestion. As long as this gathering becomes regular, you can leave certain things that are inconvenient with you to us. Of course, it has something to do with our capabilities. "

Inside his mind, Luwen was now feeling an unprecedented dread. It has maybe exceeded the fear that he felt during the train incident in backlund. Suggesting that this gathering becomes regular? Luwen wanted to leave. But considering that this mysterious being Mr.Fool is an unknown and powerful evil god, Luwen is powerless. They are within the whims of Mr.Fool. Considering that they are summoned in this mysterious gray fog with them being the passive victims, he was certain that Mr.Fool summon them a lot of times.

The unknown lady and man had even suggested serving Mr.Fool. they probably know that they can't do anything and they decided to be proactive in their current situation and get benefits from serving Mr.Fool. Luwen thought helplessly within his mind.

Luwen glance at the table when he heard the rapping on the table, it was Mr.Fool's fingers. He felt anxious as he listened to the sound. Time passed, but it seems forever for Luwen.

Finally Mr.Fool stopped the rapping of his fingers and said.

" I'm a person who likes a fair and equal exchange. "

A person? No. Definitely, Mr.Fool is an Evil God. 'He' was probably making us to lower our guard. Luwen thought while imagining some 'fair and equal exchange' situations where a person asking or requesting Mr.Fool in killing a certain someone then in the end, the person would lose his life after his request was fulfilled.

" Your help will not go unrewarded. "

What would happen if they failed the mission?

Then Mr. Fool had said the schedule of their weekly gathering. Every Monday at three o'clock in afternoon. 'He' also head that they can also apply a leave ahead of time and they doesn't need to worry being in inappropriate situations.

What if he was in an inappropriate situations everytime? He quickly erased the thoughts in his head and look fearfully in Mr.Fool's direction.

The lady then suggested giving themselves a code names. Mr.Fool agreed on her idea. Luwen also secretly agreed on her suggestion. After all, to everyone except the Institution, the name Luwen Gardner is one of the name of the pitiful victims of the train incident in Backlund. He was considered dead to everyone. Using his name would cause suspicions. He can't reveal his name to someone except the members of the Magnus Institute, he was certain that there would be punishment waiting for him if he revealed his name.

Listening to the lady, Luwen wondered if he should start believing in Fate now. Considering that the monster pathway exist and it seems that fate is playing a joke on him.

" I've decided. My designation shall be 'Justice'. "

Tarot, their designations are based on the major arcana cards.

" What about you mister? "

They listened as the man says, " The hanged man. "

" How about you, young Sir? "

And now it was his turn. If he was probably in a better mood, he would be annoyed in being called 'young' reminding him of his lack of height of his proper age. But Luwen can unconsciously sigh in resignation.

" The Tower. " Luwen said. If he hasn't grasped his emotions or calmed down, he was probably laughing hollowly while he said those words.

Luwen can only be surprised by the lady's– Ms.Justice's boldness. Declaring themselves as the founding members. Thankfully, it seems that Mr.Fool isn't offended.

Luwen remained a bystander after that, but he decided to intervene and clear an issue that Ms.Justice had misinterpreted earlier.

" ...I would just like to clarify some misunderstandings. "

" Go ahead, Mr.Tower. " Ms.Justice said to him.

" The reason why the pathway is called a monster, people of the monster pathway often whispers things that others can't understand. So people consider them as some kind of Monster. People of monster pathway are extremely sensitive to danger and they can hear and see things, and they would have an occasional glimpses of the future. "

" You seem, knowledgeable. "

Mr.Hanged man said to him. Luwen felt anxious. Mr.Hanged Man was different from Ms.Justice. He frowned and answered.

" The monster pathway is a little familiar. "

Considering that Senior Johnson was a middle sequence beyonder of monster pathway. As a member of Watcher's Crown, they had also need to familiarize in each other's abilities and teach each other some useful knowledge. They would willingly reveal useful information as long as Luwen doesn't piss them off and they are in a good mood. His Seniors doesn't seem secretive in their knowledge regarding the beyonders. It just that, when it comes to knowledge regarding the entities, they don't reveal unless a certain situation arises.

After revealing the information, Luwen doesn't have an intention of speaking further. Ms.Justice and Mr.Hanged Man talk about the cards, the blasphemy slate and he remained as a bystander.

After a while, Mr.Fool decided to end the gathering. They bowed and Mr.Fool said that they should look forward in the next gathering. Luwen felt himself being pulled out.

He found himself opening his eyes. He barely opened his eyes he heard a haunting melody, he quickly turned his head and saw the music box playing brokenly and it stopped working. Crimson burst quickly rushed on his hands. Luwen was startled. On his palm, a pattern of eye on the top of the tower appeared until it slowly fade away from his skin.

Now, there was his confirmation that it wasn't a dream. The music box is broken. Luwen thought while his eyes narrowed in suspicion. Looks like he needed to visit a certain shop.

2