Ch30 [Mr.Fool–“Leave, before the lights are out”]
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch30 [Mr.Fool–“Leave, before the lights are out”]

It was already afternoon when Luwen and Johnson came back to the Magnus Institute. The sun are already setting and evening is approaching. Luwen felt tired when they arrived, and he couldn't help but sigh.

" Oh. You already arrive, thank goodness. " Rosa says as she helped Nicholas on preparing the dishes on the table. Johnson and Luwen took their seat and sat on them. Milka doesn't look pleased when she saw them.

" You have already been here? I expected that you would arrive in evening. "

" It's already nearing on evening. "

Connor said to her. Milka ignored him as she waited for the other dishes to arrive. When Rosa and Nicholas are already in their seat, and all of the food are in the table, there was a moment of silence Nicholas started speaking.

" Feed your fears, as the world was embroiled in madness. "

No, he was praying.

" We thank the entities for this bountiful harvest. "

After praying, everyone started to eat quietly. Luwen thought that the Magnus Institute didn't believe at any god at first. But soon he learned that even they didn't believe in any orthodox gods or evil gods, the entities could be considered as the Magnus Institute's deity.

Senior Nicholas have once said, “ Entities aren't Gods. They are the unnatural yet natural forces within this world. They are like spirits, but something different. In some sense, they are like the seven pure lights. Like them, they have a corresponding domain. But, entities aren't residing in the spirit world. "

While Luwen was lost in his own thoughts, soon the dinner has ended. Nicholas had started taking the plates to wash them. Before all of them have started leaving, Nicholas reminded them.

" Tomorrow there would be visitors from the Everchase. It's been a few months since an other branch members of the organization had visited the Magnus Institute. "

Luwen look at Nicholas with curiosity. Visitors? Luwen suddenly felt uncomfortable at the thought of people from the sub organizations. Specially, that the head archivist wasn't currently in the Institute. From what he heard from Senior Johnson; even through that the Avatars of the entities had a good and cordial relationship towards each other. The same couldn't be said between some of the members in the organization.

It couldn't be denied that there was an existing rivalry or competitiveness between the branches of the organization. Some of the members of the branches may bear some hatred towards them, the members of the Magnus Institute.

From what the Seniors have told him, some of the rivalry and competitiveness that turn to hatred had resulted to deaths of the members. Luwen can hear the underlying meaning of those stories from his Seniors. Some of them decided to kill each other.

Among the branches of the institution,  the Everchase are considered to be one of the most dangerous. And the sub organization which had most of the members.

" Why are they going here again? Beyonder weapons for the new members again? " Milka asks, but she sounded and look irritated at the announcement.

" They could also be here, to take ingredients on the 2nd floor underground. "

Connor said. Luwen slightly opened his mouth in surprise and wondered how many underground floors does the institution have.

" They could also be here to pass some important information or artefacts that was a manifestation of the entities. " Johnson says. He glance for a moment at him before walking toward his own room.

The remaining members outside the halls, bid their good nights and returned to their own rooms. It was already night. Soon, the lights will be out. When there is no task, it was normal for them to sleep early. Luwen wondered at first if mid sequence beyonders like them needs to sleep. Later, he learned of the Magnus Institute's suppression abilities. All beyonders inside the Institute are reduce to the capabilities of the normal human. Inside the institution, they would get hungry and tired just like a normal ordinary person.

Luwen was uncertain what is the purpose behind the ability of suppression of the Institution. Senior Milka always said; that to her, the institution is her one and only home. For Luwen it was a cage. Members of the Magnus Institute rarely goes outside unless they have the task of searching for statements.

When Luwen was already in the front of the door in his own room; he paused. He wasn't still tired. Luwen decided, maybe he can take some books to his room to read. And maybe  he can also think on what happened before from the gray fog. That, time he felt that the digestion of the reader potion become much faster. He knows that it has to do with the acting method. Even Mr.Miller had taught him a lot of things; on regard to the rules of the acting method in the tower pathway, he can only discover it on his own.

Mr. Miller have said that it was better for him to discover it on his own than the rule being taught to him. Everyone has their own perception and grasping of the rules, he should learn it by his own discovery and experience.

While Luwen decided to walk toward the main stairs, which leads to the vast and towering 1st floor where, the Institute's library are located.

" Luwen aren't you going back to your room? "

Nicholas encountered him and asks frowning.

" I would just like to take a few books to my room to read before I sleep on my bed, Senior Nicholas. "

" Then, just be quick on taking a book there. The lights would be out once it reaches eight o'clock in the evening. It's already 7:15 of the evening. Leave the library before it happens. "

Luwen nodded his head. There are many unreasonable and eccentric rules within the institution. But Luwen knows that there are reasons behind them. He didn't stall further or take a casual stroll towards the library. Hurriedly, he fastened his pace and reached the first floor.

He browse through the titles of the book. Fast yet careful. Luwen still remembered that there are Leitners that was placed inconspicuously in the Library. While Luwen took some books that he needed, everytime that has passed, sweat and chill are making their way through his body. His instincts are screaming for him to leave. The urge was getting stronger and stronger with the minutes that have passed. Finally, Luwen had managed to pick up five books. He sighed in relief and it was now time for him to leave. He have reached near the top of stairs when eight o'clock have arrived.

Luwen glance at the gigantic glass made windows of the Magnus Institute. The faint glow of crimson passed through them. The windows are intact and closed but it felt so cold and chilly. It was like being encased in ice.

Luwen glance down at the Library. His body tingled with fear. many footsteps resounded through the library. He can see illusory and faint silhouettes moving around. It was like they were talking to each other, but Luwen can only heard faint indecipherable whispers echoing.

One of the silhouettes that appeared look up. Luwen inadvertently made an eye contact with him. His body screamed danger. Unconsciously he closed his eyes and he started running toward the second floor as he heard steps started resounding through the stairs. When he reached the second floor, he glance at the stairs and the library again. He found no silhouettes of those vague figures again.

Luwen sighed in relief.

" What are you doing? "

And someone whispered behind him.

2