C11: Out of the frying pan into the fire
210 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fire is slowly coming towards me. I need to think fast.

 

How do I get heat resistance? Simply by being exposed to fire?

She said: "Don't make Book-San slack off and make him get heat resistance as soon as possible or I will kiss you!"

Maybe there is a faster way to get it. I need to get it as fast as I can.

 

Let's see if there are any useful skills.


Skills building page

Use skill | Add skill | Edit skill | Delete skill

Passive skills:

  • Bond
  • Infinite ink

Skills list:

  • Narrator lv1 (100MP,10s,1s)

 

The new skills are probably the Magical book lv1 skills that have been added to the skills building page.

I guess I am the Magical book lv1.

The passive skills don't seem useful for obtaining heat resistance so I try to add the skill heat resistance by writing its description. It doesn't work.

 

How much time do I have left?

I use narrator again. The fire it's getting closer.

 

I try to summon an ink beetle to see if that can help.

Ink beetle lv1 (100MP,10s,1m)

The new beetle looks more 3d. Maybe it can go outside the page.

The beetle following my command moves to the edge of the page and then disappears.

Using narrator though, I can see it.

 

Can it move me somewhere else?

The beetle tries to push but I don't move. I'd probably need hundreds of beetles to move.

And I don't have anywhere to go. I am surrounded by fire.

What would happen If I move the beetle towards the fire? Can they get heat resistance? Will I get it then?

 


Your summon Ink beetle lv1 has died

Your summon Ink beetle lv1 has been upgraded to Heat resistant beetle lv2

MP needed for creation: 100 (-1)

Creation time: 10 (-1) seconds

Lifetime: 1 (+1) minutes

Passive skills:

  • Heat resistance 1%

 

So I start summoning beetles as much as I can. I use narrator to look at the approaching fire.

My beetles level up. Their fire resistance levels up. I level up as well. Even Narrator levels up. Now I can see more clearly.

The fire is almost here.

 

Beetle shield!

 

The fire reaches me and I use an army of beetles as a shield. I summon more beetle to replace the ones that are dying.

 


You received the skill beetle shield lv1


 

The skill coordinates the beetles better than what I did, but I still started to burn.

 


You received the passive skill heat resistance 1%


 

What will be faster? My leveling or the fire?

 

I tried to move all the things on one special page while 30% of my pages burn.

Now my fire resistance was at 30%

 

I merged the hearts of mana and a few messages from the system appeared but I didn't have time to read them.

I had 30% of my pages left and my fire resistance was at 50%

 


Your summon Heat resistant beetle lv12 has been upgraded to Heat resistant beetle lv13

MP needed for creation: 80 (-1)

Creation time: 3.5 (-0.5) seconds

Lifetime: 5 (+1) minutes

Passive skills:

  • Heat resistance 63 (+8)%

 

It kept going like this for a while.

 

I only had 10 special pages left and my heat resistance was at 80%.

The beetle's heat resistance was at 90%.

My life mana was trying to regenerate the lost pages and I could see some other kind of mana in the mana spheres.

 

Then I was left with only one page, my heat resistance at 90%, and the beetles one at 95% but that wasn't enough.

 

Why!

Why did she lie to me? Did she give me a gift only to kill me later?

I only wanted to see the world. Did I offend her somehow?

 


Your skill Narrator lv5 has been upgraded to Narrator lv6

MP needed for casting: 40 (-5)

Casting time: 2.5 (-0.5) seconds

Vision duration: 1.1 (+0.1) seconds


Let's use narrator to see the world for the last time.

 

Almost everything had burned. The bookcases were falling.

 

So, this is how I die.

 

No! I could see the light.

A wall fell. Then the ceiling fell. And as it fell the wind pushed me.

 

My last page started to fly.

I could see a well-maintained garden with all kinds of fruit trees. It was the library's garden.

At the entrance of the library, there were some people clad in armor and a person in a blue robe. They had an insignia but I couldn't see it due to the distance.

They were probably the ones who set fire to the building.

 

From the entrance started a road that led to a distant city on the side of a mountain. The high walls surrounding it and the wooden poles stuck in the ground in the field nearby protected the city from something.

 

I was above one of those fields. In particular, I was above a river.

 

Wait, I don't like that. I don't know what would happen if my only remaining page fell into the water.

 

A gust of wind pushed me away from the river. I'm relieved. Maybe my luck isn't that bad after all.

 

Another gust of wind pushed me again.

 

Dammit, I fell into the river.

15