C12: Odyssey
195 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One page was floating in a river. Its ink slowly disappearing. It was getting pushed by the current and had no idea where it was going.

 

That page was me.

 

It felt like at the beginning, when I had no viewers. I felt alone.

I felt like I was at the bottom. Could I go even further down?

 

The bottom has no end!

It doesn't matter how long I fall. I will never reach the floor.

My pages were starting to melt. My ink would disappear soon after I place it.

 

I had a choice to make!

 

Only the mana spheres didn't disappear.

 

There is no bottom and there is no top. Will I keep falling towards the bottom or walk toward the top?

 

Fire, the sphere's surface looked like fire. I had a new type of mana sphere. A new type of mana. That was enough for me to start walking.

 

When I write in drawing mode I can move things as if I am writing with a pen that has a tip.

What would happen if I push a mana sphere and it collides with another one?

 

It pops!

As the sphere of the new type of mana popped I could feel some heat and some of the ink reappeared.

It hurt a bit but it was nothing in comparison to the fire from before.

 

By using undrained ink, a life, and a fire mana sphere I created heating ink which kept it's surroundings dry.

 

With a few heating ink spheres, I could make the page stay dry and all the ink reappeared as if it had just been transparent before.

 

The page was a mess. All the contents of my special pages were squished in this tiny page. Only one of the texts was readable.

 


You received the passive skill water resistance 1%


 

The heating ink disappeared after a while. Only 10% of my mana sphere was of the new type, that I'll call heat for now.

 

Great, now I have to fight another battle against time.

Will I get water resistance before I run out of heat mana spheres?

 

Fortunately, It wasn't a difficult battle.

I even managed to get water resistance on the beetles.

But no matter what I couldn't get water resistance beyond 95.1%

 

While I was waiting for the water resistance to go up I kept using narrator and it leveled up multiple times.

 

The river kept going down the mountain and I could see more people clad in armor.

Their insignia was a sword in a mountain.

They were carrying weapons and live stocks in carriages and were building more wooden poles in the fields.

They were preparing for war!

 

Then I flew again. A breathtaking 100mt waterfall. Some houses around it. Some hotels. Some tourists.

When I reached the bottom I couldn't believe what I saw!

A bald monk was below the waterfall. Crushing against the weight of the waterfall. How he could endure such a thing was beyond me.

But then something happened which I wasn't prepared for. He opened his eyes and stared at me.

 

Will he attack me. Water, please push me away now. I'm scared. I don't want to have anything to do with this crazy guy!

 

He closed his eyes as if I was too weak to be taken into consideration. Now I feel offended. Who does this guy think he is? With his head shape, he doesn't even split the water evenly. He looks stupid.

 

He opens his eyes again. He seems mad. He is about to get up but a strong current pushes me far away.

 

As more tributaries join I end up in a large river. Narrator levels up.

 


Your skill Narrator lv9 has been upgraded to Narrator lv10

MP needed for casting: 20

Casting time: 2.0 (-0.1) seconds

Vision duration: 1.5 (+0.1) seconds

Now the narrator will display basic information from the study of the life mana in the surroundings


 

Ooh, let's see.

 

[Forest]

 

I just entered in a mangrove forest and it only said forest.

Maybe it will work on other types of things.

Let's see what it has to say about other things

[Tree]

[Stone]

[Water]

 

Wait, that's it?

I was about to get mad at the system but then I remember how skills work. I am sure it will be op a few upgrades down the line.

 

A few upgrades later the forest becomes [Groot's forest] and the [trees] [mangrove trees].

 

After a bit, I pass through some treefolk villages and I see some snakes, alligators, and other dangerous animals that dominate the swamp. But they don't seem to be interested in me.

 

Something else worries me more than those animals.

Why is the current speeding up?

I'm in a mangrove forest. Doesn't that mean the water should travel slower and spread in a larger area?

 

My question is answered when I arrive at the sea. I don't like the answer at all.

A huge whirlpool is there. But even that doesn't justify the speed at which I am currently going.

Please don't pull me in.

Please don't pull me in.

 

The whirlpool pulled me in. Why am I not surprised?

 

The current underwater was even stronger.

Some fishes hopped in and out of the current.

Did they use it as a means of transportation?

 

[Alert Ballfish]

[Relaxed Barrafish]

[Happy Cervofish]

[Hungry Chottofish]

[...]

 

Narrator had leveled up again and I could see the fishes' emotions.

Some were interested in me, some didn't care. Some tried to bite me but I wasn't to their liking.

The Cervofish which looked pretty sad was actually happy. That surprised me a bit. I'll call it tsundere fish.

 

Some Barrafishes started to gather around me. It felt like we were swimming together. For the first time, I felt part of this world.

 

It was a nice feeling.

 

Our stream merged with another stream, a much larger one.

I could see a submarine, precisely a [coral submarine]

It was quite different from a normal submarine. Its body was not perfectly oval and there were some holes in the coral-like shell.

 

Some were black, there were probably cannons inside.

Some others were actually not holes but rather windows. In one of these, I could see a human figure, or so I thought before I used Narrator.

 

[Happy mermaid]

 

We arrived at an intersection. The submarine moved upwards.

The [laughing barrafishes] moved away from me and hopped to another current.

 

What is happening? What or who are they laughing at?

Around me, there was only some rubble transported by the current that was left.

The current ended and I was pushed into another current full of trash.

The [shaking with laughter barrafishes] were looking at me from a stream full of fishes.

You bastards! I thought we were friends!

 

I had the first betrayal since the start of the story.

 

But I couldn't keep thinking about the betrayal for too long because the stream ended.

I ended up in a huge pile of trash with thousands of fishes trying to find something to eat.

Even bigger fishes ate the small fishes.

 

There were lots of underground volcanos. I was at the bottom of the ocean.

Huge, strong creatures were sleeping near those volcanos.

 

Looking at my page I noticed that there was a new type of mana spheres. Their surface looked like water.

If I popped one it would push me. I could finally move. Barrafishes, be ready for my revenge!

 

I was about to start swimming when I noticed a completely black underground building in an underground canyon.

As I gazed at the building the building gazed at me.

 

"I was waiting for so long.

My contracted. Are you ready to learn the truth?"

12