C13: The meaning of bond
204 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The voice said “my contracted” which meant he was demon king Gerald.

 

How could he be alive? What did he want to tell me?

 

I swam to find out. 

 


You received the skill Swim lv1


 

The skill absorbed the mana from the mana spheres using the roots and expelled it directly outside using other roots.

I could control the direction with my thoughts. 

 

Now I could swim towards the building more easily!

The form of the building was constantly changing. Like some black moving fluid cloaked it.

 

"Yes, yes! Come closer. You have to face the death tide but since you have found this place, it should be easy for you."

 

Death tide?

The building moved. Actually, the black fluid around the building moved.

 

It's coming towards me! I swam away from the building as fast as I could.

The black tide was approaching. All the creatures run away. Even those strong creatures near the volcanos. There were some that weren’t fast enough. They died as soon as the black tide touched them.

Damm, this is terrible. Is that thing the death tide? The distance is shortening. With my swimming speed, it’ll get me!

Will I be lucky and escape when the swimming skill levels up?

 

No, I can’t rely on luck. I need to do something.  

To increase the distance somehow.

 

The contractor kept bugging me: "What are you doing!"

 

What are the other fish doing?

Some of them are going towards the rocks.

 

"Since you found this place you surely are one of the strongest in the world, am I right?"

 

I am weaker than fish. I will hide in the rocks as well!

 

 "Why are you running away? Why aren't you answering? Are you hurt?"

 

I only have one page left. I can't bear to get hurt!

 

"Why are you not answering me? Could it be that you don't have a transmission talisman?"

 

Shut up. I am in a life and death situation!

I hid in the rocks.

 

The death tide was only 10m behind me.

This is not enough! I need to do something else!

 

An underground volcano. It was shaking.

My last chance.

 

The black tide was only 1m behind me. I was on top of the volcano waiting for the explosion. Moving now meant certain death. Even some fish stopped like me.

We were still relying on luck.

Now the death tide was only a palm from us. I could see it in detail. It was not completely black but with some while spots. The opposite of my life mana.

BOOM!!!

 

"You moved upwards? Did you use a volcano to escape? How weak are you? How did you find this place? By chance? Could it be...?

Friend. I understand now. I'm sorry, I can't stop the death tide. You shouldn't have been able to come here. I didn't mean to hurt you. You still need time to develop. We will see each other later then."

My page was even more destroyed than before. But fortunately, that person didn't annoy me anymore.

 

Swim leveled up.

I swam towards the surface.

The distance from the death tide slowly increased and I could finally leave it behind.

 

As I got higher and higher more fish tried to attack me. I kept swimming.

While I was running from a [perplexed Fangfish] I could see some movement between the rocks.

What is that? A spring?

 

A [prideful Arrowfish] ran through me. It happened all in an instant. I was almost split in half. Then his arrowhead followed by his lengthy body passed through the Fangfish, instantly killing it. I levelled up.

That made me realize something. The reason more fish were attacking me now was that I was too weak for the fish at the bottom of the sea.

 

I am almost dead. I need to cure myself.

Is that even possible?

Maybe it's somewhat related to life mana. If only I could use the energy of the mana to regenerate.

 


You received the skill Cure lv1


 

After a couple of hours I would be whole again. The pages I had lost were reappearing with their content.

I need to wait for the mana to replenish. In the water, it refills faster for some reason!

 

Let's look at the notification I couldn't read before while I wait.

 

It was mostly things about leveling up and other facts I already knew.

The only conspicuous notification was that the system had blocked evil and holy stats like diligence.

 

I missed my readers.

So I looked at the comments and after reading the one below I received something unexpected.

 

GodPinappler |  Apr 19, 2020

Have some pineapples ???????

 


Congratulations!!!

You have unlocked: Inventory page


 

Inventory. I was trying to get it for a long time!

 


You received:

x7 Pineapple lv1 from GodPinappler 


 

What! I can receive things from the comments!

 

I then created the inventory page by writing inventory on a special page.

Wow, I can materialize the things in the inventory outside.

 

But I couldn’t check the other stats. Another Fangfish thought I was food.

Maybe if I go near the surface, there will be less powerful fish. While escaping I ended up in a coral reef. There were even some pinapple-like corals that [Hungry Fangfish] liked to eat. 

 

What a strange place to die in. I was cornered and 5 Fangfish were looking at me. There was only a thing I could do. Summon some pineapples!

 

I summoned the first. 

The Fangfish were fighting to eat it, giving me the time to get away.

 

But after a few seconds they were closing in on me again. There was a small hole. I passed through it and used a pineapple to close it.

 

While they ate through the pineapple, I prepared my next move.

A pineapple to guide the fish where I wanted them to be and two pineapples to move some rocks.

 

The rocks fell on the fish and only one of them survived.

 


Congratulations!!!

You have levelled up

You are now lv10


You can now form a contract with 1x contracted


You received the skill The greatest swordsmanship lv1


 

 

I can’t really use swords but I am sure it will be useful one day!

While I was escaping from the last Fangfish I could see the floor of the sea rising. 

Am I getting near land?

I spawned another pineapple, but the Fangfish wasn’t interested. I kept going up until I jumped out of the water. The Fangfish jumped out with me.

I could see the sky. It was blue. I didn’t notice before but there were two suns. One of them looked like a black hole.

I used Narrator on them:

[The Gods] and [The Devils]

 

I landed on the sand and the Fangfish returned to the water.

There were some palm trees in the distance. I had time to regenerate and to think about what to do next.

 

Thank you GodPinappler for saving my life!

In the following days, Narrator leveled up so I could hear sounds.

Also, I discovered that I could make my ink transparent for some time by shooting water mana on it.

Yesterday I also saw a cute brown dog with long ears chased by a beast that looked like a panther.

 

I regenerated while checking the stats on Scribblehub and merging the hearts of mana.

 

These are the stats from today! I have finally recovered all my pages.

 


01/05/2020 | 20 days since chapter 0

Site: Scribble Hub

Views: 1422(+1970)

Favorites(Hearts): 43(+59)

Readers(Special Pages): 36(+20)

Rankings:

    #137 Overpowered Protagonist

    #195 Character growth

    #168 Psychological


Special pages:

Heart of mana (life) x64 | Heart of mana (life) x32 | Heart of mana (life) x4 | Heart of mana (life) x2 | Heat resistant beetle lv15 summoning page. | mana control talisman lv1 | 96x blank | 

Mana: 303 521 /345 376


 

I am a lot stronger than before but still weak. Can I use the beetles to move me towards the forest or somewhere safer?

Before I had a chance to summon the beetles, I saw two people walking on the sand.

A boy and a girl. The girl was younger than the boy. She was wearing a pink dress and was holding a [Magic concentrating Stuff]. The boy who was wearing a green dress had a sheathed sword [Common sword].

Using Narrator I could see the words [Worried dragonkin] on them.

 

The duo suddenly stopped. The boy looked surprised while the girl looked at me with a smile on her face and said.

 

“Excuse me, Book-san? Have you seen a cute dog passing through here?”

 

To make things less confusing if you want to give something to Book-San use:

Item: Item name

Description

12