C23: The first test
154 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were inside a storm. The plates moved and created furious winds.

We moved cautiously. Slower and slower until we had to crawl.

The people from the archmage faction moved a lot faster, in a tortoise formation with their shields.

The treefolks were using roots to pulls themselves.

It's close, we can see it. A place where we could rest. Where the wind was not as strong.

Come on.

Thorn felt the wind pressure on his hand disappearing, then there was no pressure on this body. He got in.

Thorn: "Take my hand."

He pulled Rose inside.

We did it, we were inside the semisphere, the beginning of the first test.

To pass the test we had to get to the second layer. A sphere in the center of this sphere.

In front of us, there was a swamp full of hideous creatures, swimming was a bad idea if we did not use the pineapple dishes to control the creatures. Above us, there were razor-sharp flying shields. We could jump between the islands in the swamp but the black mist looked deadly and the creatures even deadlier.

Was there no way to pass the test?

No, my authors had a way. 


You received:

Anti-Gravity Talisman from Trinox

A talisman that allows the holder to reverse their own gravity, making up their new down and down their new up.

Warning: make sure to have a roof above you before using the talisman, or you shall end up flying without control; if this comes to happen, deactivate the talisman as soon as possible


Trinox gifted me this talisman in the last chapter. An amazing gift.

 

Let's start by reaching the closest island.

Thorn was holding me firmly with one hand and Rose was holding onto Thorn.

We got closer to the water. Here we go.

I felt dizzy. Like I was falling. But somehow we stopped. The world looked different. We were upside down. Standing on a plate.

As long as we had contact with each other the talisman worked on our group, so we jumped from one plate to the next and reached the first island.

There were hundreds of lv.10 to 15 [Ferocius swamp mokey]. Weak individually but deadly as a group.

I didn't want to imagine what could happen if we fell.

We couldn't always stay upside down. After five minutes my mana would be depleted and we would fall to our doom.

 

"UhhAAAAAA" The monkeys noticed us.

Some were taking stones to throw at us and others were forming a circle under us trying to reach us.

Thorn deflected the stones with his sword.

Some of them tried to jump but couldn't reach us. They couldn't jump one-tenth of the distance at the start, but they started to climb onto one another.

The tower of monkeys grew closer and closer, a monkey jumped from the top and almost reached us.

Thorn shot a glance at his sister checking if she was ready to fight.

There was an lv20 monkey with a scar on his face that was more muscular than the other monkeys.

It was ready to jump, it put strength in his muscles when:

"UHHHHHHHHH"

FIRE!!!

Rose's hand was emitting a constant stream of fire.

The monkeys screamed 

 

The tower of monkeys fell.

Hundreds of monkeys fell.


Congratulations!!!

You have leveled up

You have leveled up

You have leveled up

You have leveled up

You have leveled up


Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled up

Your contractor Thorn has leveled u


 


You received the skill Spreading Knowledge 

You can teach your skills to your contractors. The success probability depends on the difficulty of the skill, the talent of the student, and how many readers you have.

Mana usage: 20% of your mana


Incredible, so many levels. And I received a lot of experience even though I did not attack.

Could it be because I was contracted with Thorn?

What if I had more contractors? How much experience would I receive?

 

I'll immediately teach The greatest swordsmanship lv1 and Handcrafting lv1 to Thorn.

We jumped to the ground and finished the remaining monkeys.

 

Then I used my new skill.


Spreading Knowledge with Handcrafting lv1 has failed to activate

Spreading Knowledge with Handcrafting lv1 has failed to activate


Spreading Knowledge with The greatest swordsmanship lv1 has failed to activate

Spreading Knowledge with The greatest swordsmanship lv1  has failed to activate


I don't have more mana. I'll try again later. Until we succeed.

 

We walked and walked upside down from one island to another. Thorn was careful to avoid animals and the poisonous zones, some times he avoided zones that looked completely normal to me.

At one point he seemingly attacked Rose.

Thorn: "See that yellow flower. If I hadn't pushed you away and you got too close it would release an invisible mist. That mist would enter your lungs and kill you slowly."

Rose: "Thanks."

 

The flower in question, a small yellow flower, looked completely normal to me.

 

Thorn was really talented and had great knowledge.

But he seemed to have a problem with towers.

I mean, the tower in his village, the tower of monkeys, every tower we saw fell. 

Well, I might be worrying about nothing. It should just be a coincidence.

 

We normally didn't choose to fight the monsters, because we could be ambushed from behind, and by attacking a weak monster we could attract his stronger parent or his king. There were many monsters we couldn't fight with.

We only fought when the way was blocked.

After defeating a [Lv.25 Hungry green wolf] 


Congratulations!!!

You have leveled up

You are now lv.20


You can now form a contract with 2x contracted (1 in use)


Your skill Narrator has been upgraded to Narrator-San


 

Hi, Book-San! Hi everyone! I am Narrator-San. I will tell the readers of the events happening to other people but Book-San won't be able to know them.

Even if you write something about what I said in the comment Book-San won't be able to read your comment.

But you will be able to give him items after listening to what I have to say.

Oh cool, you can use emoji here ?? and many other kinds of stuff.

 

Book-San was happy that it could form another contract, who should he give it to?

He tried again to use spreading knowledge


Spreading Knowledge with Handcrafting lv1 has succeded

Spreading Knowledge with The greatest swordsmanship lv1 has succeded


 

"Yes, success. I can't wait to see Thorn using these skills" said Book-San

But they had arrived at the end of the first test. The percentage of people that passed it this time was 80%.

Book-San group has avoided most of the dangers, otherwise, they wouldn't have even arrived here.

 

Thorn group was entering the second phase and many people were or had already done so.

From the tortoise formation of the people of the archmage faction emerged a soldier in armor.

The soldier removed the armor revealing her appearance. A beautiful girl emanating the air of a princess.

 

In another area in the swamp, the trees were dying and the water was turning black and boiling.

From the boiling water, terrifying skeletons of powerful monsters were surfacing.

 

Those people entered the second phase and those who didn't know what the test was about exclaimed "Is this a labyrinth?"

 

As Book-San group entered the second test Book-san fell.

Thorn, Rose, and Spike were gone, teleported to different parts of the labyrinth.

Book-San found himself in front of a boy that was fighting against wolves for his life. The boy was clearly overweight, visibly exhausted, badly hurt but still kept fighting.

For every time he fell down and almost got bit he swang his sword and kept his life for another moment, his willpower was immense.

Because of the wounds he could not see or use his legs but he refused to die.

???

Since Book-San is a book he could not move or attack alone.

Is there some strategy or item that you authors can give him to overcome this ordeal?

8