C28: To live
50 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ghost proudly said: "Food of the lowest level can only satiate your hunger. If it is of a higher level it can also have some medical and magical effects. But foods of the highest level can transmit its memories. You saw the harvesting of the wheat of the red plains and the water from the path of the soul. You also saw some of the chef's memories.

I was the chef of the great king Gerald."

Then she became saddened and said: "We needed a weapon to fight the gods and wanted to get Le Roi Solair. I managed to get to the fourth trial but I was betrayed by my colleague. The envious fool was killed soon after by the trial. I couldn't even get revenge.

Fortunately, I had a technique that prolonged my will's life and so I came here to look for a successor.

Let me be clear, I do not want you to fight the gods. It is not your battle. I only want you to live as long as possible."

Will: "Why? You waited this long for someone just to ask him to live?"

Ghost: "If you die I will die too. A person dies the second time when they are forgotten. Some beings can leave behind their will when they die and it will dissipate when they are forgotten. Please remember to live and not just to survive."

Will and Book-san were thinking about what terrifying figures' wills still existed in the world.

"You saw through the deception and could see the reality of things. Good child. Keep thinking and keep questioning what you see.

Also, when cooking, try to look from the other person's point of view. Do not make my mistake. I will give you an item that can help you with that.

Now come closer child and I will imprint in your mind what I know. You will have to slowly comprehend it in the future."

***

Thorn was with the mysterious girl who knew the technique he had used.

The girl: "Don't be too surprised. I know a bit more than the average person. And no. I was not reading your mind. Don't you know about scanning?"

Thorn shook his head.

The girl: "Ehh, strange. It should be pretty basic stuff. But don't worry I'll teach it to you. I am the best teacher on the continent!"

After hearing the explanation Thorn tried the technique. He closed his eyes and touched the ground with his hand. He generated a wave of mana that would be reflected by some parts of the environment and other people's mana. He saw an indistinct shape on the girl that was purposely emitting mana. The rest of his view was black.

"So that's what she was doing. She had the technique always activated and noticed my mana transmission with Book-san. She shouldn't be able to see the content of the message. I should..."

At that moment the black void around the figure started to be colored by millions of dots. Like stars in the sky. The stars became brighter and more numerous until his vision was like a Cathode-ray tube television. Thorn took some time to make sense of the noise but in the end, he understood that it was representing the movement of the mana around him. The precision was several orders of magnitude greater than scanning. Thorn didn't know why his version of the technique was different but if he had to guess he would say that it was because of handcrafting.

Handcrafting was a technique that let him manipulate solid objects as if they were fluids. But it took time and a lot of mana so it couldn't be used in combat. He already had made a few objects with the technique.

In the mana flow, there was a point where no mana could pass through. It looked like a seed. Thorn and the girl went in that direction and arrived at the point after a few minutes.

 

 

Sorry for the short chapter.

Chapter 29 will be released on the 23rd.

Edit: I will be busy until 08/09/2021 so the chapter will be delayed.

5