OK I’m a Trekie…
741 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She deactivated her Avatar in the captain’s chair, so she could focus on the task of jumping what she assumed was 200,000 light years into a nearby reality, when in fact she actually jumped into an alternate reality that was completely different and worked on a different set of physics.

 

[[T-minus 5, 4, 3,  2, 1… Jump]]  said Linda using the main computer for her voice. 

 

Unlike her memories of Warp Jumps that she reviewed in her logs, and what her more detached self-had described,  instead of jumping into what should have been turbulence like a Jet aircraft, it was like being on white water river rapids in a small yellow inflatable kayak. Reality shifted, she was tossed and turned violently, if she was a lesser ship, the violence of the jump would have destroyed or damaged her greatly, instead, she was just rattled, it did take her several hours to regain full sensors, as she was partially taken off line, and needed to reboot her systems. As for repairs, only a few wires, and cabinets had been damaged, however she felt if she had a Human Crew, few would have survived that Jump.

 

Once she had herself settled, she looked out to where she was, and was completely taken for surprise.

Her sensors were giving her strange data, and the star system she was in although beautiful made absolutely no sense to her understanding of physics, which she knew instinctively once her data base had been restored, although she was unaware of Wikipedia and the internet, she basically had a data base equal to the sum of all of human knowledge, history, and entertainment up to the start of the Slaver War.

She reactivated the Avatar body, as she preferred using that body for talking and thinking out loud, lets face it, being a woman made her really euphoric.

Well let’s review what we have on sensors, OS me… hey OS Me I’m going to refer to you as Majel Chapel, strange I can’t remember names, but at least I have all of Star Trek in my data, seriously there is a lot of Star Trek I’m going to start watching once we get settled.

[[The name is agreeable, as we share the same soul, and we are the same being while being a separate partition of you, I find this strangely euphoric, I may have to make a holographic avatar to match. Your Avatar Body Uniform works for me, but I think I’ll go with the Red.]]

16