The Three Energies
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mana

The energy of the Mind. When used as is it applies as a raw physical force. Has the property of Flexibility. Able to take on different traits through visualization and replication of the sensation the intended property inspires.

The corpses of monsters, especially ones with the magic stones still in them, release mana into their surroundings over time as they decay.

Minerals and Metals have the highest compatibility with Mana. They conduct mana rather well, and by combining them with something naturally Mana rich, such as magic stones, one can make magical varieties of the base materials. Which can be enchanted, or even overloaded with mana to the point where they become Arcane materials.

Gemstones, like other minerals have high compatibility with Mana. They are even able to hold onto a decent measure of Mana for a time after having it simply radiated into them. And they make for excellent conductors of mana.

Organic substances have a relatively low compatibility with Mana. Permanently imbuing magical potential into materials like bone or wood is rather difficult, though not impossible.

Relates to two potential types of special evolution. Mental Evolution, which enhances the mind and magical capabilities. Typically treated as a modifier for an individuals basic Race, such as "Genius, Dwarf" or "Mystic, Elf".

And Mutation, where in a living thing that takes in an excess of mana becomes a monster. If a monster takes in an excess of mana and undergoes a Mutation they can become even more monstrous rather than evolving towards sentience. The Races are resistant to Mutation, and Mentally Evolved Races are even more resistant.

Spiritual Energy

The energy of the Soul. When applied as is it can deal direct spiritual damage, or achieve a form of limited telekinesis. Has the property of Power, as it is the energy that fuels life itself. In Automatons it acts as a raw energy source.

The Soul, and by extension Spiritual Energy, lingers within the body for some time after death.

Minerals and Metals have a moderate compatibility with Spiritual Energy. When exposed to raw Spiritual Energy for long enough, or in great enough quantities, they can end up becoming spiritual materials.

Gemstones have the greatest compatibility with Spiritual Energy of any material. After only a short time basking in the power of the soul they can take on spiritual traits.

Organic substances have a relatively low compatibility with Spiritual Energy. Though they can still permanently take on spiritual energy if exposed to it over a long period of time.

Relates to three forms of Special Evolution. Spiritual Evolution, which enhances spiritual awareness, and can cause an individual to become a spiritual life form, certain species only require a single Spiritual Evolution to achieve the status of a Spiritual Race. In cases where they don't yet qualify as Spiritual Races, their Spiritual Evolution counts as a modifier for their original race such as "Awakened, Dwarf" or "Third Eye, Elf".

The next Special Evolution related to the Soul is Spiritual Overflow. When the soul exceeds the body's capacity to contain. This is considered a negative Evolution, as it simply increases an individual's vulnerability to Spiritual Damage without providing any benefit. Other evolutions can increase Spiritual Density, allowing the body to contain a greater soul. Spiritual Races are immune to Spiritual Overflow, as they are innately spiritual, their bodies act more as an anchor point rather than a proper vessel.

The final Special Evolution related to the Soul is Spiritual Corruption. Wherein a soul is contaminated by an outside force, twisting the body, mind, and soul into a new, monstrous form. The Races are resistant to Spiritual Corruption, and Spiritual Races specifically are even more resistant.

Vitality

The energy of the Body. When applied directly it increases the damage of an attack, increases the speed of an action, or applies a weak healing effect. Has the property of Instinct, as it is the easiest of the energies for most living things to use, to the point where there aren't even basic Skills related to the control of Vitality. Automatons have underdeveloped instincts, and thus a harder time using Vitality compared to most other creatures.

Vitality disperses immediately upon death.

Minerals and Metals have poor compatibility with Vitality. They can become infused with Vitality by being mixed with Vitality rich substances like monster's blood, which improves their conductivity for Vitality, but the effect is less pronounced compared to Magical materials with mana.

Gemstones have no compatibility with Vitality whatsoever.

Organic Substances have exceptional compatibility with Vitality. Heavy exposure to Vitality can cause rare instances of Organic Substances returning to a semi-living state.

Vitality has a single related Special Evolution type. Wild Evolution, which causes individuals to become more feral and physically faster, stronger, and tougher. Wild Evolution always counts as a modifier for the original race, such as "Feral, Dwarf" or "Blood-kin, Elf"

 

I've got more stuff planned with the energies, but this'll do for what Anima managed to find in Marel's library.

1