Chapter 1 – A School Trip
1.5k 7 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Romy Takiyama, 16 year old student was visiting Japan on a school trip with several teachers and his whole class. Of Japanese heritage, his grandparents migrated to the USA during the second World War, and this is the first time he's come to Japan.

They landed in Osaka and they boarded a bus heading to their travel hotel. 

"So... what's good here Romy?" Tommy asked, sitting at the rear of the bus.

"I told you Tommy, although my grandparents came from here, I've never been here before. This is my first time too!" Romy said. 

"Come on Romy, you should know the lingo here. Ni hao?" Tommy continued teasing 

"That's Chinese, asshole" Romy said

"Chinese, Japanese.. it's all ching chong to me" Tommy said

"None of that racist language Tommy! Romy, you too" Mr Morrison yelled from the front. 

"Yes sir!" Tommy said, saluting him. 

"But I didn't..." Romy tried to explain.

"Shut it! Just enjoy the view and no more racist language" Mr Morrison said. 

Romy felt wronged for being blamed. But as Jennifer was next to him, he didn't react. 

Jennifer Lovett was the prettiest girl in class. He has had a crush on her for a long time.  

She was a brunette, with big brown eyes, large breasts and luscious long legs. She was a cheerleader and gymnast at school.

They weren't dating, but he hoped that she would be interested back. 

She was friendly enough, and they had a good time sitting together.

Besides Tommy, who wasn't a bad guy, but just a loudmouth, Romy's closest friends were here Anton Dutcher and Larry Custard who he was sharing rooms with. 

They arrived at their hotel and entered the room excitedly. 

"So who's getting the couch?" Anton said. 

There was 2 single beds and a couch, and as there was 3 of them, they played scissors-paper-stone for the beds. 

Romy frowned as Lary and Anton threw him a pillow for his couch. 

"Wish I could sleep in Jennifer's room" he muttered wistfully. 

Just then, Mr Morrison knocked on the door

"Come on guys! Just drop your bags, and lets go!" he yelled through the door. 

--

They arrived a the quint seaside town and walked into the shops. 

Romy looked at all the souvenirs on sale and bought Jennifer a cute seashell bracelet. 

He hoped he would have the opportunity to give it to her in private. 

Together with his friends, he took lots of photos and had a good time. 

They met up with the rest of the class in the restaurant and sat in 3 large tables. 

As they arrived the last, there were only very few seats left, on separate tables.

Romy looked at Jennifer seated at another table, surrounded by other guys so he sat helplessly at another table with other classmates.

--

Later that night, Romy and several classmates sat in the lounge area of the hotel.

They were playing truth or dare and seeing Jennifer there, he decided to join in.

Besides Romy, Anton and Larry, Tommy and a few other classmates joined them too.

The game was rather tame, and everyone told the truth, making it boring. 

Some time during the game, it finally became Romy's turn and he had to decide whether to tell a truth or take a dare. 

"I choose.... dare!" Romy said sportingly. Romy was hoping he would get to kiss Jennifer or something like that if it was his turn. 

Suddenly Tommy took out a small bottle containing some sort of pickled object in murky looking water. 

"What the hell is that?" Romy asked. 

"While I was shopping, I entered a strange old hut, filled with all sorts of weird shit. The old lady behind the counter pushed me to buy this thing. I asked her what it is, but as she didn't speak English, she drew me a picture" Tommy said, showing them a hand drawn picture on a piece of scrap paper. 

It looked like a badly drawn naked woman from the top up, but below that was the tail of a fish. 

"This is mermaid flesh? Come on!" Romy said. 

"It's true! That's the drawing she gave me. So... eat it!" Tommy laughed evilly. 

"I'm not eating that shit. I might get sick!" Romy protested. 

"Come on... chicken... poc poc poc" Tommy teased. 

The others looked at Romy expectantly as well. 

Romy looked at Jennifer, hoping she would take pity on him. 

"It's probably just a piece of pickled fish" Jennifer shrugged. 

Romy looked disgusted, but since everyone was looking at him, he opened the jar.

"Uuuurgh!" Romy nearly wretched. 

"Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" Tommy yelled excitedly as the others joined in. 

Romy placed his fingers inside the jar and found that the thing was slimy, possibly decomposed. 

He looked at everyone, and they seemed to enjoy watching him squirm. 

Romy held his nose and released the slimy piece of flesh into his mouth and swallowed it whole. 

"Oh God! I think I'm gonna be sick!" Romy said and immediately rushed to the bathroom. 

Everyone laughed and Jennifer giggled as well. 

Half and hour later, as the game continued, Anton suddenly asked. 

"Has anyone checked on Romy? He can't still be in the restroom, can he?" he said, getting up. 

Anton and Larry entered the men's restroom and they found Romy sprawled on the floor, covered in vomit. 

An ambulance came within minutes and he was rushed to the hospital and had his stomach pumped.  

The whole group got a dressing down from Mr Morrison and Ms Johnson as Romy had to spend the night under observation. 

The next two days, the class spent time at the beach, visiting several shrines and even taking part in a cultural festivities. 

But poor Romy was too sick and spent the whole time they were there in the hospital. 

Three days later, Romy was discharged from the hospital. 

He was brought to the hotel by Mr Morrison just as the bus was waiting for him. His friends Anton and Larry had packed his bag for him and the bus departed for Osaka. 

Entering the bus, he found that Jennifer was already seated and another classmate Martin was seated next to her. 

He looked at them and frowned, but Mr Morrison pushed him to the back of the bus. 

"Hey buddy! There's a seat here for you" Tommy said loudly, patting the empty seat next to him. 

 

27