Arc 1 — Yin vs. Yang — Foreword
4.2k 25 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Every gift that heaven gives is taken back in equal measure.

I’m more aware of this now than I ever have been. 

In my first life, after years of pain, I finally came to understand who I should have been! It was an amazing milestone, but... my chance to be that person? That slipped straight between my fingers...

In my youth, in this second life of mine, I was cared for... Heck, I was given so much! Granted, I didn’t want most of it, but... all of that disappeared the moment I failed for the first time.

But then, even with what I’d been given torn away, I was able to grow at an exponential rate; I was a vi master they called a star! But... Now, everything has stalled... I have no further chance to progress.

Or at least, that would have been the case, but luckily, I do have my master, at least — if anyone can fix my problems, she can! But... maybe that doesn’t matter, either; she’s gone now, and, well... there are no guarantees that I’ll survive what’s in store. Because...

Every gift that heaven gives is taken back in equal measure.

Back then, a year ago or so, I only set up the little vi array as a fun test...

I didn’t ever expect it to be triggered!

I didn’t expect someone to invade my room and remain there... I didn’t expect someone to lie in wait for me to return! But I suppose...

Every gift that heaven gives is taken back in equal measure.

I’m leaving this inheritance in case that, after everything, I don’t survive. It’s not a very valuable inheritance — where another might have a book of cultivation tips or insights, or even vi formulas, techniques, and trump cards — all this inheritance contains is my memoir. 

Maybe it will be of use to you anyway? Maybe not. But I refuse to allow everything I’ve done to be useless... At the very least, I’ll leave this little mark here for someone to find!

I expect I’ve gained many enemies since becoming my master’s disciple... If this is my end, I... I get it.

Every gift that heaven gives is taken back in equal measure... but even still, I won’t go down with a fight!

Until then, here’s my story, starting at the most important part of my life — the moment I became a vi master.

Note: Yes, this foreword was replaced at some point. Hehe.

110