Chapter 1: The Seed of Purity
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Long ago, there was two nations who have an argue because of the equality of their landmass. As the fight began to spread, a man decided to create a big wall between the two arguing nations so that no war will occur.

The passing years became peaceful because of the wall, but that is also the cause of their poor trading system and transportations. They became too far than close nations, no news from the left to right, and no news from the right to left.

The right side of the wall have a big and tall fern wall that grow continuously as days pass, because of that, it entirely covers the wall that was created decades ago. While on the right, quarter of the whole landmass of the nation became a forest filled with trees that makes a shallow and cold area, there lies the bounty of the nature.

There was a boy, who's family is deceived because of a humor that said his family came from the other worlds or dimensions. He ran away and end up going to the forest, he reached the wall that he can't even climb up because of its soft and straight up edges. He lives there all by himself, he was able to maintain his clothes clean and unbroken, he even built a shelter at the bottom of the forest. With his young age, all the adults work can also be done by only himself.

He used a cloth to make as a disguise to wander around the village without being able to be recognized, he form like a beggar to have some money. One day he saw a bag filled with fruit and vegetable skins and bones, including tattered cloths and rotten meats, there he also saw his mother and father's clothes, he took it and ran all the way back to the forest without being noticed.

He was wandering on the forest toward the wall, as he walk toward, he saw a small plant that was growing really close to the wall. He was confused why a plant was growing near a wall with no sunlight to be absorbed. He walk closely to the plant and heard a strange humming coming from the other side of the wall that might be a girl.

He shouted loudly, "Hello?"

Nothing was replied from the whole minute after he shouted, but he heard that the girl heard it because she was shocked.

He waited for a whole day, waiting for a reply from the other side, but after the moon rose and wind gone cold, he gave up and go back to his shelter. But before he go to sleep, he walk back to the plant and water it.

He was shivering in cold as the night is still seen by our seeing eyes, howling wolves and chirping night birds are making noises allover the place. He was able to sleep by wearing all the clothes he have, but he's still struggling from the freezing cold temperature.

After the night have passed, he came back to the wall where the plant grows, when he was about to close to the plant, he heard a girl's voice saying, "Hello?"

He replied fast, "Hello? Are you still there."

He didn't get any reply for minute. He sit at the wall and wait, but after a few minutes, she replied.

"Hello? What's your name?"

He didn't hesitate to reply.

"My name is Paolo, and you are?"

The girl replied with a bit of shy in his words.

"I-I'm Juliana, why are you there?"

"I live here."

"Do you live alone?"

"Yes."

"Why? Where's your mother and father?"

"They're already dead, they were killed because of some fake humors."

"Oh, sorry. Do you live there?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you live in your village."

"I can't, they'll kill me if I did."

"Why they want to kill you?"

"Because they think me and my family are some kind of enemy from the other world. But the truth is that we were teleported from our world into the other. I still got no answer to be found because I was so afraid to being killed and inexperienced to go out of the forest nor the village. Kind of hard for me, but I can still give it a shot, when I get older."

"Older? How old are you?"

"I'm just a little boy, how about you?"

"Same as you, but I'm a little girl, I lived with my family."

"Good for you, you have a family. You should be happy because you have a family, and always stick with them."

Paolo was a kind and gentle person due to innocence and moral lessons taught by his father and mother.

"I know! How about you go live with us?" Juliana got a plan.

"I would like to. But how?"

Juliana think of a plan to get him there to there.

"How about we take a ladder and walk all the way up to the top of the wall, that'll work, right?"

"That would be great!"

"Okay, just wait there, I'll borrow the ladder from father, just wait there!"

"Okay, I'll be waiting."

Juliana ran back to the village all the way home, while Paolo just waited at the wall till Juliana came back, after an hour, Paolo heard a footsteps.

"Hey Paolo, it's me."

"Great! Did you get the ladder?"

Juliana became quiet for a moment and said, "No, I didn't. Father said I can no longer borrow the ladder because of some mess I made."

"Mess? What mess?"

"Um... I use it as a bridge and broke it. That was my grandfather's ladder, that is why father got mad at me, sorry but you have to do it your way."

"I can't, if I borrow a ladder at the village, they will notice me. If I work to make a ladder, I need some materials, but if I borrow tools from the village, they will notice me and capture me. If I need to make a material itself, I need something heavy and tough like rock. But I can't even lift a log or even a solid rock."

They are running out of plans and might just end up giving up. But Juliana wasn't giving up, she look around and see if something is useful. She didn't find any useful items or materials but she found something more effective, something more natural, something more unnoticeable by others.

"I know!"

"What's your plan then?"

"How about we let this plant grow, it grows a vine all the way up to the top of the wall. We'll just wait the day till it overlaps the wall, and when that time comes, you can climb it there."

"But how long will it takes to grow that high as the wall?"

"Probably days, weeks, months....... I don't know,how about you?"

"Don't ask me, I can't even see the plant in your side, all I can see was the plant that is in my side, but it didn't grow any vines, but it is still standing, even with no sunlight."

The girl look surprised because of something.

"That might be a miracle! All we have to do is to wait till grow! Then when it can go at your side, take the chance to grip it and use it to get here."

"Alright! I'll wait for it!"

Juliana changed the topic.

"Anyway, do you have any friend in there?"

He said, "Yes."

"Who is it?"

"Their name are trees."

"Tirisa?"

"No, trees, as too many trees, I don't have any human friends."

"You look so lonely."

"Sort of, but I'm used to it and I kind of like it."

"I know, let's be friends, so you will be never be lonely."

"Why?"

"Well it's better to have one than to have non. Am I right?"

"Well, if you don't mind, fine by me."

"Okay, also let's have me guess what you look like. Was that okay."

"That's fine, but you must tell me too of what you look like, okay?"

"Okay. Then now, tell me what you look like?"

"Well, I'm a small kid, who is a boy, with a brown hair, with a brown eyes, and creepy attitude. I like apples because that is my favorite. I play with the animals to have fun. I wear gray shirt and black short. How about you?"

"I have green eyes and green hair, I love mangoes since I was a baby, I play with others and make friends, they said I was a daughter of a dryad, but I don't know either. But mother said that my grandfather said that he have the blood of the dryad King. I like to have more friends till I get older. I love to live with my family even on death, they taught me the things I need, they scold me from the things I shouldn't do. I'd love to help everyone, including you. That's the things I can tell and all I know."

"Then now we know each other better. Hope you can live with your family even longer, that is what I wish, and I want to play with you and be best friend and be best friends with your other friends. But you spit out too much."

"Wait and that time will come soon. Let's just wait."

They became close friends even just by talking but they became wall buddies and getting even closer day by day. But the vines are not growing well and only grew a millimeter a day, but they continuously water it every single day, it is a miracle for Paolo that his plant continuously grow even without sunlight, he took care of it everyday, avoiding drowning from the rain, repelling insect on it, trying to wipe off the leaves of the trees to gain sunlight..

"Aren't your parents worried?"

"From.what?"

"Your here everyday, talking to me."

Juliana goes to the wall everyday and talk to Paolo at the other side without being noticed or heard, thanks to the fern wall that covers the wall. Juliana lied about going out and play to his parents, but they don't really know the situation, Juliana always go home late after playing, doing the wrong request and doing the others, helping others without permission or needing.

She's an active girl and always help others with all she got.

"Well, they don't mind actually, they don't know my stuffs I'm doing each day. How about you? Aren't you being noticed there?"

"I'm fine like a bird flying free, as long as no hunters pass by, I'll he in a big trouble if that happen, but mostly, I'm fine."

"Good to know."

"Oh, I almost forgot, I have something for you."

"What is it?"

"Just wait,"

Juliana heard crunchy noises of dry leave being crumble and grunting noises from the other side of the wall. She saw something flew up and fall down to the other side of the wall. It looks like a crown made out of vines and leaves, there's a flower with red and pink color on it.

"What is it?"

"It is a gift for you, I made it by my self, it is a Nature's love crown. You're like a dryad-like you said, right? So I think of a way to create a dryad queen crown, in a natural way. It wasn't good as it looks, right, don't worry, I'll make a better one someday."

"No, it"s way more beautiful than my things, thank you, but sure I'll wait for your improvements."

As days pass by, day by day, the vines grow millimeter by millimeter, it grows a quarter from the whole wall. They chat each day, but sometimes, she doesn't come, they always water both plants. They talk on morning and noon, and Juliana goes home by almost dawn.

The next morning.

"Hey, Paolo?"

"What is it?"

Juliana throw a bag on to the other side of he wall and hit at Paolo's head.

"Ow!"

"Oops, sorry."

"What is this anyway?"

Paolo opened the bag and see a big loaf of bread.

"It is a bread, I bake it myself, my mother taught me, I made it because I think that the same food you eat everyday might be a boring thing, and you don't have money to buy food, so made it for you. I also wanted you to try it, if it is good or not?"

Paolo rip a piece of bread and taste it, everything became quiet on the moment... Until.

"Wow! I don't know that you're so good at baking breads. It was good and tasty, not too chewy, but not too crunchy, just the perfect texture. Are you sure it was you, who made this?"

"Don't you believe me?"

"Maybe yes and maybe not, you're still young, young as I am, how can you bake such a good bread."

"I just told you, my mother taught me."

"Well, thank you anyway, I finally taste another bread from my lifetime."

"That sounds exaggerated, but I'll accept that as a good thing."

She heard that Paolo was eating the bread like a hungry person.

"I also have a question for you?"

"What is is?"

"Aren't you getting cold there?"

"At first, I was getting cold because of the low temperature here. But when I a wolf come out, I became so cold because I was scared, it came close to me."

Juliana felt so scared from his story and asked, "then what happened?"

"Well, it wasn't growling and just get even closer, he saw me shaking in fear, and shivering in cold."

"Then?!"

"It wraps me up and cover me with its thick, smoke like fur, it was warm and didn't intend to hurt me, it shows up at me whenever I'm cold or needed her or him."

"Him or her?"

"I don't really know if it is he or she, it just warmed me up in the night. It was scary and very spooky, but it was just a luck of miracle, it was like I'm an animal lover here now."

Poalo spent his rest of his life, treated by animals and treating animals, playing with them, he was very lonely till he met the animals roaming the forest. He didn't eat meat much, he didn't know how to cook, so he just eat vegetables and fruits.

"I hope you're still alright, can you still live there? Aren't you scared?"

"No, I'm fine, I can still live here with the comfy animals, as long as you aren't hurt and still happy, I'm fine. Be aware to yourself more than me.

"Yeah, I know, I was just worried because you haven't talk to human for a longtime."

"That doesn't matter, whether you're a human or not, I'm still your friend, and soon we'll play together and live together."

They were very close to each other's feelings that they were like chains soldered together as one, they were friends but not just an ordinary friends, but more like two people stuck on the same boat. The growth of the vines somehow grow faster than yesterday like their hearts are the one who give nutrients on it. The sweet melody of Paolo and Juliana are having a strong flow of the current like there was nothing to stop their flow.

Day by day, she return to the wall, hiding the secret that she always come to the wall and gave a daily bread. While Paolo gave them daily fruits and vegetables that they need, but sometimes, they also give gifts to each other.

[They're apart...]

0