Chapter 4: A Peace we Desire
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paolo's heroism is rewarded by the villagers who also being abused by Crist. Paolo was being invited by the villagers to attend on a party next year. A year passed, Paolo gained many gold coins, only few years before they can have a platinum coin and Juliana came back from the village. Paolo, the owner of the farm and Keina worked hard as they can to have a single coin of platinum.

Paolo goes to the wall before he goes to the farm, he saw a small little flower that didn't yet bloom.

"What's a flower growing from a vine?"

Paolo asked himself.

"Maybe it's because of the trust you made to the flower and the vines."

"Juliana!"

"Yes it's me, I'm back and home."

"Your voice seems changed, did you do something?"

"My grandma taught me some tricks on my dryad powers."

"Well, good to know."

"How's the work going?"

"Well, you know, very close. And the vines are very close too."

"Good to know.... Hey about the-"

"Was that about the marriage?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"How did you know about it."

"About what?"

"Don't lie to me!"

"Sorry sorry! Your brother told me, that you're getting married at the age of 20."

"You really can't keep a secret, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"Fine, I have to deal with the dance training and power circulating, so maybe we can talk later. See ya!"

"Yeah, sure, no problem, see ya later."

Juliana's sound of her footsteps began to fade and Lien goes back at the farm to work.

Keina faced him when he got back at the farm and said "Good morning Paolo!"

Paolo replied "Oh, good morning."

"Ugh, hey. Paolo?"

"Yes?"

"I was thinking about this a year ago."

"What is it?"

Keina blushed as red as read pepper.

"I... I-"

"Eye! Need help on cleaning the stable here!"

The old man interrupted the conversation of the two and they head to the empty stable immediately.

"Here, some broom and and pitchfork. I'll reward you after this."

Paolo and Keina was being pushed by the old man inside, and intensionally closed and lock the door with a chuckles on his face.

The old man whispered "That'll should do it. I'll leave these two for now."

Paolo was shouting "Hey Sir! The door is locked!"

But Keina said "Leave him be, he's old now, he'll remember soon."

But Keina was sweating and blushing red.

Paolo said "Oh well, do what we have to do."

"What?"

"Work."

"Right."

Paolo saw Keina was sweating, he walk towards Keina.

"What are you doing!"

Paolo kneel down and put his palm on Keina's forehead and said "Are you having a fever?"

"Eh?"

Keina's temperature began increasing and she sweat even more.

"Your temperature turned very hot, you need to cool down, the air in here isn't much to cool a hot bowl of soup!"

Paolo takes off his shirt and Keina was watching, Paolo exposed his body that makes Keina's head began smoking.

"Hold on Keina you should calm yourself, your heart beat is very fast, breathe deep."

Paolo rest Keina to his arm as he used his other arm and hand to cool Keina by using his shirt like a fan, but Keina was still hot and staring at Paolo's chest.

Keina kept saying "I-I-I-I-I..... I I I I I!"

Paolo asked "What do you need? Man, you're not getting cooler, I must find a way. Sir!"

Paolo charged the door but Keina said "I-I'm okay, let him be, we can stay here, he will know it later. Can yo-you stick with me f-for a while?"

"Okay. Hold on Keina, he will know soon, I trust you."

"Yeah, t-trsut me."

Keina put her head to Paolo's chest that makes him feel uncomfortable.

"Ugh Keina? This is a little embarrassing."

"Please, minutes more, I need warm."

"Well, if you need it."

Keina rubbed her head on Paolo's chest as she was so happy about it.

"Paolo? *rub rub rub*"

"Yes?"

"Will you *rub* hug *rub* me?"

"Are you sure?"

"*rub* Yes."

Paolo hugged Keina, she began cooling down.

"Hey, Keina, you're cooling down, I'll do this till you're back to normal."

"~Wuzshi!"

Keina and Paolo fell asleep while inside the stable. The old man came back with a tricky smile on her face, the old man unlocked the door and opened it.

"Oh my, this is more than I expected, well I think your job is finished for the day."

The old man leave the two alone and left the door open. Juliana was waiting from then wall but Paolo and wasn't there yet because he was sleeping with Keina in the stable.

"He must be working hard, then I should do too!"

Juliana didn't wait any longer and starts using her magic to increase the growth speed of the vine. But Juliana remembered something that her father said.

"You must be brave-"

"to face your dreams."

"And be happy-"

"of what you are."

"Trying means-"

"getting hope."

"Trust makes-"

"everything stronger!"

Juliana remembered all of his father's word and sync with it, a green and yellow appeared allover her and starts glowing, flowers appeared from the place she sits.

"This is it! I can use it!"

Jay appeared and said "Well done sister."

"Brother?! How did you-"

"Don't worry, I know all about it."

"So it's true."

"Yes, that I told him everything."

"But you shouldn't said that!"

"It's all for the two of you."

"What?"

Jay make a warm smile and said "I want you to make a choice. A choice from your own heart, an answer that you really want to say, a feeling that you want to share."

"Brother."

"Come here."

Juliana hugged his brother and cried as he rub her head.

"Now tell me, who do you love?"

"Paolo."

"What do you like for yourself?"

"Nothing."

Juliana kept crying and sobbing even if he's answering.

"Then tell me, what do you want for everyone."

"Peace, happiness, hope, trust, friendship, better future."

"Is that all?"

"Be with their friends even in the face of danger, having a hope to change people from their bad deeds."

"Easy now, you must be happy to find someone like him."

"He's only a friend of mine." 

Jay hugged Juliana and said "I know, you better take it easy first." 

Then the flower above the wall was glowing but wasn't blooming, it releases glowing polen like firefly and start flying on the air. 

It was night time, Paolo wake up and he feel and saw Keina was hugging him. 

Keina said while sleeping "I love you Paolo, you're my hero." 

Paolo blushed and said  "Well I'm not a hero actually, I'm just a farmer." 

"Farm means nothing, it's the love I'm talking. I love you." 

"Then, thank you and you're welcome." 

"I wanna be with you, close to you, live with you, dream with you." 

"Wasn't that too much? Are you awake Keina?" 

"Let's get..... *snor* in the future." 

"What? What do you want to say?.... But good thing you're not hot now." 

Keina wake up and open her eyes, he saw the gray eyes of Paolo very close. 

Keina pushed him and said "What are you doing?! And what happened, why did you take off your clothes." 

Paolo replied "Your soaking wet and having a fever, I don't have no other option but to use my shirt as a fan to cool you down." 

Keina remembered everything before she fell asleep and said "You're right, sorry for hurting you." 

Paolo smiled and said "That didn't hurt a little, it's getting dark, maybe you should go home before it gets dark."

Keina holds his hand and ask "Can you take me home?" 

"If that is what you want." 

They walk out of the stable while the old man was watching while the two walk away and head to the village. 

"Hey look, Keina has a new boyfriend."

Young girls are chit chatting at the houses as they saw Keina, the girls walk towards Keina and Paolo. 

"Hey Keina, how's it going, is that you're..."

"No no no, this is Paolo my friend and a worker at a farm."

"So you're not his girlfriend and he's not your boyfriend?"

"Yes."

Paolo smiled at the girls and said "Nice to meet you."

"Who is this tough looking guy?....."

A giant man with a red hair and holding a giant war hammer suddenly appeared behind Paolo and looked him at the face.

"Hey it you! The sticks who fought the bird brained Christ, I'm Gordon, you saved my granddaughter by only using sticks."

"That's actually not just using sticks, it is called "Arnis" it is used for selfde-"

"Yeah yeah I know I know. Well, I'll be going now, being a soldier is a tough work. Not much time for the the family. See you around."

"Bye grandpa!"

"You smell like donkey!"

"I hate you!"

After the Grandfather and Granddaughter's happy and bad time Keina arrived at home.

"Big Sister!"

A little girl with red long hair and red eyes charged towards Keina right after she opened the door.

"I'm home, she's my little sister Laika. Laika, he's Paolo, Paolo, she's Laika."

"How old is she?"

"She's just 5."

"For real? 5? And she can speak clearly?"

"Yes."

"Well, nice to meet you Laika."

Keina's mother and father arrived and saw Paolo.

Keina's mother said "Oh my, we have a visitor."

Keina's father said "He's the guy who fought that foolback when we were sleeping, I thank you for your help, please come in."

Paolo said "No thanks, I only follow her here because she was sweating and migh catch a cold while walking."

Keina's mother replied "Don't worry, have some tea and take a rest, youmust be tired."

Laika pulled Paolo inside the house.

Keina said "Laika?"

But her mother replied "Don't worry, it's nothing, we just want to know him better before the upcomimg festival. This won't too long, but clean yourself, you smell like a donkey."

"Mother?! Do I realy smell like a donkey?"

"Real bad Dear."

Keina walks to the bathroom and clean herself while Paolo was talking to her Parents and Laika was messing with Paolo by putting ribbons to his hair and shoes.

Paolo asked "What are you doing Laika?"

Lamina replied "Prepwewing for the Feswiwal."

"You speak like you have a food in your mouth. And what festival?"

Keina's mother said "It's a festival of thanking the Guradians of the Air that protects us from danger."

"What Guardians of the Air?"

Keina's mother asked "Have you ever seen a dragon or a wyvern?"

Paolo answered "I only seen it on books and stories."

Keina's father said "There was a war back when I or we was still a child, our parents were so scared that the village will be destroyed, the other side of the wall if I can remember was a village full of dryads because the giant tree that you can see when you're in the mountains was their main ground. The dryads went here to help us, but their power wasn't that much powerful to block all the dark fire flying from the air, only the Dryad King who has the ability to strengthen their powers who able to help us. The Villagers did their best to extinguish the fire, luckily some travelers who uses elemental magic and the greatest Wizard helped us to put it all out before the dark fire drains the green grass that the Dryads need. The cover by the Dryad King and the Shield and Force Field of the Greatest Wizard named Remendor was almost going to break any minute."

Keina's mother said "We were almost running out of hope, even the dryad's village will almost tore apart."

Keina's father continued the story.

"A strong dash of air suddenly ashed the flames away in a blink of an eye, shining scales and fearsome wings suddenly appeared from the clouds, strange creatures like snakes are flying like birds but faster than a pegasus and bigger than a griffin. It blows the dark flame with just one wave of their wings. After the rain stopped and everything became calm, the flying creatures fly away on opposite direction. They say that the mountains that touches the sky is the nesting place of both dragons and wyverns but only wyvern is the common to appear so we call it Wyvern Mountains, and the river that is at the opposite direction of the Wyvern Mountains is the Dragon River, the current was fast but didn't kill any crossing animals or peoples and we call it a miracle."

"Even if you saw dragons there, they won't bother you unless you bother them."

"After the dark flame, a year later, the trees began to spread due to absorbing nutrition, our past king have an argue with the Dryad King, years passed and still continued, the daughter of the king, the princess wanted peace and hoped that the Village which is us will be friends which is we wanted, only the problem is King is against the Dryad King who also wants peace. A month later, the king sent armies of knights, mercenaries, and magic users to make a war. But before they can make an attack that day, a giant wall suddenly appeared between the village and the dryad's village. After the king passed away, the Princes takes control without a king and became Queen, alone by herself, she requested to break the wall, we were so happy. The Queen hired a Griffin Rider to send a message to the Dryad Queen, the new King of the Dryads accept it because he has the same desire as the Queen do, a peace for all. They meet at the same location with their demolitionist ready to break, crush and destroy the wall while the Dryads are already using their vines to dig it up, but explosives are not enough to give a little scratch, the vines of the dryads are not reaching the end of the wall, we used pickaxe while dryads are summoning a Guardian of the Forest. The pickaxe broke and the beast exhaust. Days of trying and we gave up, it's like a magic that separates us."

"The Queen hoped that someone can break that wall before, but the strongest persons who tried didn't do it. She's just too young to be a Queen, but her desires are more far than being a Queen but being a good leader."

Paolo said "Is that so..."

Keina goes out of the bathroom wearing a read shirt and brown pants.

Keina's father saw her and said "But first thing's first. Do you have anyone to dance with you?"

Paolo asked "What? Why?"

"The Festival is within 3 days left."

"What!?"

Laika said "Hm-m!" <yes>

Keina's father said "Why don't you choose my daughter. It's her first time this year."

Keina shouted "Father?!"

Keina's mother said "She was watching the dance steps all year in case of someone he like will appear."

"Mother?!"

"Well? What do you say? Don't worry, it's not like you're going to marry her, would you?"

Paolo scratch his head with a nervous smile and said "I'll think about it, thanks for the note. I'll be going now, I still got some work left there."

"Well, good luck for the party, we'll be looking forward to it."

Paolo goes out of the front door, it was night and the moon was at the sky.

"Man, how long a I there?..... Who's there?"

Paolo felt like someone is hiding behind the shadow.

"You have a sharp sneses , handsome."

A woman who has a long purple hair, glowing yellow eyes, wears a short tops with frill sleeves and a skinny black pants with sharp iron boots and handling a dagger formed like a hook.

"What do you want from me?"

"Relax, I'm just watching in case of that bird head came back to repay."

"You mean Crist?"

"Yes. So.... How's the upcoming festival?"

"Terrifying."

"As expected. But aren't you aware that you're talking to a stranger?"

"Why would I? I know that you not here to hurt me or something."

"Hmp, really?"

A fast sound of a sword dashed towards Paolo in a blink of an eye, the girl was already behind him.

"The name's Lea, I'm a special soldier trained by the Black Blade, I'm an adventurer."

"Well, hello Lea. Why are you here."

Lea turned around and....

"*smile* Nothing, just messing around. See you tomorrow!"

Lea's voice turned to a cute girl as she wave her hand as she run away.

"What's wrong with her?"

Paolo walks away while saying "But, I must keep reaching my dream.

[-and strength to continue...]

0