Chapter 5: The Painful Hopeful
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paolo was very busy that he forgot about the festival and Lea who he just met always remind him every 3 hours, but Keina didn't come yet and the old man wasn't going our, Lea was just there watching Paolo, Juliana was very busy and he has no time to watch for the flower, that's why he asked his brother to take care of it.

"Where is everybody?" Paolo asked as he rake the dirt.

He can see a very high pole from the village, but he didn't visit there.

"Hey Paolo, aren't you going to dance for the coming festival, the audience are looking forward to the you young dancers." Lea said as he look at the strawberries.

Paolo replied "Sorry, but I have a work to do."

"But that old man is not going to go out, he didn't even asked you to go to work."

"Why would he? He's already old, so taking a long rest is important."

"How lazy.... Want me to help you?"

"No thanks."

"Or would you rather to teach you."

"Teach me what?"

"How to dance the opening festival dance. That's the most important, besides, I'm new and I'll be dancing this year, and I want to dance with a Hero."

"I'm no hero, I just did what's the best. And it's your first time to dance, right? Why don't you they to dance yourself."

"The dance must have a partner and have at least 4 or 3 pairs."

"... ... ... Why don't you dance with other boy."

"I JUST SAID IT!"

"Fine fine!"

"Really?" Lea said with an excited face.

"After my work is finished."

"Hmp!"

Paolo continued to work till noon, the moon has rising and Paolo is already finished.

"Ah! Finally done!"

"Really?!"

"Aaayeeeiii!"

Lea appeared from nowhere and was in a very happy mood.

"Why are you here?!"

"You just said that we're going to practice?"

Paolo remembered it and said "Ah..... No, sorry. I didn't remember any of it."

"Come one don't be such an idiot!"

Lea pulled Paolo in the forest where he live, Paolo was very scared that his secret will reveal. They were in the middle of the forest where rays of moonlight is shining from the green grass.

"This place is nice! So you lived here."

Cover is blown...

"What?! No!"

"Yes, that old man told me."

"What!"

"Yes."

Paolo's secret home was already know by Lea.

"Fine, but this place is only for the three of us!"

"Yeah, I pledge with my life."

"Now, shall we start?"

Lea hold his hand and put it to her hips and the other one was at her shoulder, while Lea put her right hand to Paolo's right hip (Paolo's direction) and the other hand was at the other hip.

Paolo blushed and said "Uh, Lea? This is embarrassing."

Paolo walk backwards away from Lea.

"Don't be like that, dancing must have a very confident action or else your partner will be in huge trouble, and you need to concentrate, dancing requires switching dance partner, I'll call Keina for the other one." Keina said as she show the step by site of the dance.

"What!?"

"Didn't Keina told you? I'm here to help you with your dance, she's my best friend after all."

"So Keina do this for me."

"And you should too, we practiced very hard for this moment, so please to let Keina get embarrassed or I'll cut your throat."

"Easy easy okay okay, I'll do my best."

"Now, I'll show you how to dance the first step. Put your hand to my hips."

Paolo put her hand, Lea turned red and said "My hips! Not my butt!"

"Sorry!"

"Art, again!"

Paolo and Lea was having a hard time dancing in the dark with only the ray of light from the moon will make the place clear.

For an unexpected time, Juliana was there watering the flower, she heard that Paolo was laughing with a girl, she became sad and run away, Paolo heard footsteps from the grass at the other side of the wall but he just ignored it.

"There, you go it!"

Paolo and Lea manege to do the dance perfectly twice, they were swearing and exhausted.

"Not bad for a killing girl."

"Who you saying killing girl, but not bad for a farmer boy. You really are the type of boy that Keina loved."

"What are you talking about*pant*?"

"Didn't Keina said that she loved you, even just a little bit?"

"Yes, but she was sleeping and saying that "I love you" and "let's get married someday." She must have someone she loved."

Lea look down with an emotionless face and said "If you say so. I'll be going now, see you tomorrow."

"Sure, take care."

Paolo goes to the wall, he saw a bag filled with bread and fruits with a letter.

He read the letter.

"Paolo, the vines from my side is getting stronger, I can climb up, take care. Juliana"

Paolo's face turn sad and cold, he starts to shed some tears and began shaking.

"So Juliana was here, she must've heard us.... No, I must tell her the thing."

Paolo burned a wood and made a charcoal and write at the other sides of the letter. He throw the letter that was tied on a rock.

"Juliana, hope you understand... I still got the dream we wanted."

Keina was behind the tree near Paolo and heard everything very clearly, she ran away without making any noice, but Paolo feel her presence the time his became calm.

"I'm sorry Keina, I think you have the wrong I idea, and I that you're badly hurt."

Paolo felt regrets, sadness, anger, but he didn't keep it, he continued to dancealone and said "I must do her wish, and do our best to take backthe two Nations to reunite together, I know that we can do it! I didn't want to hurt your feelings, because I didn't want you to feel what I feel, I don't want regrets claiming your souls. I'lldo everything to make you all happy."

The next day, Paolo came back to the farm, everyone is still not there including theold man. Paolo continued to work, but before he even start, his heart began to pound fast, his breathing was getting hard, his eyes are getting a littke blurry, he walks back at the forest, his body is weakening, he lay down on a tree.

"I need to work! But what's happening, this is not a heart attack, please no, I still have something more to work."

The wolf with a fur like flaming smoke appeared again after few years, but it appeared in the morning, it looked at Paolo growling.

"What are you going to do?!"

It keeps growling at Paolo who's struggling in pain, it walks around Paolo like she's looking for something. It stopped whe the time it looked at the shoulder of Paolo an bite it.

"Gaaah!"

A dark spirit with neon green smoke escape from Paolo's body and goes away, Paolo came back to normal when the time the spirit goes away, the wolf licked him and run away. Paolo stands up, he still feel the hard breathing but it wasn't him.

"Paolo? Are you there? I got something for you." Juliana came from the wall holding a basket.

Paolo asked "Juliana?!"

"Yes?! Why are you like in a shock?"

"Are you breathing hard?"

"No."

Paolo was scared and he think that is someone he know.

"Juliana wait me here, I got a bad feeling that someone is in trouble!" 

Without waiting any reply he dashed his way towards the village, he saw Lea was running towards him. 

"Lea what's wrong?" 

"Keina *pant* is sick. We need medicine." 

"Tell me where to buy it." 

"We got no time, come!" 

Lea run a direction while Paolo tried to catch up with him, they arrived on a witch doctor's hut and ask for help. 

"Dr. Jalga we need your help!" 

"Oh ho! It's you, what brings you here?" 

"Our friend is in trouble!" 

"What?! Let's hurry, a sickness shouldn't last long! Lead the way!" 

They hurried to the house, Paolo saw that Keina was laying down the bed with a very pale skin. Dr. Jalga hold Keina's hand. 

"She was being cursed."

"Curse!?... Can you tell who's curse was it?" 

"Can't tell, but someone must've being very abgry to her."

Paolo walks on a corner and think. 

"Curse, anger, curse.... Anger!" 

Paolo run out of the house and head to a prison house. He walks to the gate, the soldier greets him but Paolo was very mad that he didn't care if he was being greet. He head on a cage where Crist was and pulled his clothe. 

"It was you!" Paolo looked at Crist in the eye. 

The guards were trying to stop Paolo from hurting Crist, but he continued to pull Crist making him to be chocked from grills. 

"What do you want, hero?" Crist asked with a mad face. 

"You cursed Keina!" Paolo said with a pissed face. 

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't lie to me!" 

"Listen dumbhead, I don't care a for her any more, why would I curse her?" 

"I don't believe you." 

Paolo threw away Crist and face the guard. 

"Hey, did someone goes inside the prison close to this killer?" 

The guards didn't know and said "No, we're morning shift guards, we didn't saw any in the morning, but in the night could."

"Where can I find the night shift guards?" 

"Their in the Hall inside the training ground." 

The guards lead Paolo to the Hall and he speaked to the night shift guards. 

All the guards answered "No", now, Paolo was getting more suspicious about Crist. He head back to the house and asked Lea. 

"Lea." 

"What is it?" 

"Can you lead me to the house and shops here that can do curses?" 

Lea know what he mean, she lead Paolo to all of the places where curses and magic curse can be cast. They found themselves non, they looked everywhere, they pay for answers, but all leads them nothing. They look for a cure, but no cure canift that kind of curse that is very similar to Paolo. 

"No, it can't be, I must find the wolf." 

"What wolf?" 

Without replying, he run his way back to the forest, he screamed for the Wolf, but it didn't show up. 

Juliana heard Paolo's shouts and asked "Paolo, what's wrong?" 

"Keina was cursed, we need a cure or else she will die... Who's there!?" 

Dr. Jalga appeared and said "Your friend, she won't, last long." 

"What!?" 

"She was being cursed by a powerful magic, me and my strongest allies trued to lift it, but only a magic from the inside can lift it, we need something like Hogon Dragon Vine or its flower."

"Where can I find it?" 

"It's impossible, it can only grew once every ten years, it very rare that only one out a thousand sick people ca  get it, it grew in random place near the Dragon River and Wyvern Mountain, it destroys everything it absobrd, so you can only guess that it is there when its environment was getting weak or else died."

"I'll find it." 

"No. It was risky." 

"I'll do what it takes!" 

"It's not you I was worried."

"Then who?" 

"We also need a blood of a dryad." 

"What!" 

"We also stopped that medicine because it will cause almost half of the power and life of a dryad, the blood of the drayd and its power can be passed on a risky way and one of it is the blood, but because of this wall, we can't get any dryad's blood. I'm sorry, but he will only last for few days."

"I won't let her die, I'll give my whole life just to make her alive." 

"Are you an idiot!" Juliana shouted. 

"Who is she?" 

"She's my friend, Juliana, we want to break this wall down." 

"Well, it was too late young ones, we tried but not even a-" 

The ground tremble in their place, the wall began to crack, the shaking stopped but leave a huge crack. 

Dr. Jalga was very surprised as he touch the crack in wall and said "This is it! This is the hope! After 37 years, it finally give a sign of hope, the gods are forging our sins!" 

Dr. Jalga run in the Village. 

"Paolo what's happening?" 

"They're going to break the wall, this might be a hope!" 

"Really! I'll call my father to get some help!"

Juliana run towards the Village and talk to his father. While the Jalga was trying to say the news and call for help. 

Jalga shouted "Everyone! The wall has finally going to break, we need to try one more time! Everyone take your tools and follow me!" 

Juliana goes to his father and said "Father! The wall!" 

His father was shocked and asked "What's with it? Was it gone?" 

"No, but it shows a crack, we need to say it to the summoners so that we can break it apart!" 

Her father was so happy that he showed his hopeful and Happy face for the first time, they hurried to the village and said the news. It the other side, the villagers already arrived welding their explosives and mining tools, while the other side have summoned their strongest beast and asked fro help from the tree folks. 

"We're all ready!" 

(The ending of this chapter has a tattered piece where the "[]" is, so the words note was gone)

0