Chapter 14: Hopping for a Hope
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An hour later. 

"Hey Hans, it's already an hour." 

"Don't be such in a hurry, we will continue it later."

An hour later. 

"Okay, here we go." 

The story continues. 

Alena couldn't stop holding the babies as they go away as far as they could. The babies starts to cry. 

"Where are we going?"

"To a kingdom who has greater protection, to the Harken Kingdom." 

"Weird name." 

"He was a king who have a daughter, apparently, she flew away to find her long lost little brother." 

"How far is this kingdom?" 

"For about few hours, that is a place where the safest. Hold on!"

The ground starts to tremble like a giant golem fist. The rhino started to run faster and faster, cracks starred to show up from the ground. Many dragons and dragon riders appeared from the sky, some are going counter to each other, the the dragons who's direction was same to Alena are carrying a huge box attached to three dragons each corners. The same as the opposite, but those ones have more lighter carrying.

Alena asked "What are they carrying?"

"Those fast ones are lightning Dragons, they're good at scouting, and the on that are carrying the huge evacuation box are called Humble Nest Rock Dragons, they're very tough that even golems can't crush them. The ones that are going on our direction must've already filled the room, they're heading now from what we're heading."

"You know too much."

"We'll arrive there faster if we only get in that evacuation room."

The guy starred to shout "Hey!" when he saw one of the carriers was very close to him, but they didn't saw them and keeps on going.

"They didn't see us, what will you do?" 

"Well, we got to reach the mountain across the huge canyon or else we have to go around and find the safest route." 

A huge explosion was heard from where the huge meteor was seen. 

After an hour, the trembling stops, the place became calm, no dragon evacuation carriers are flying anymore even scouts. 

"Looks like it is already finished, let's see if the bridge is destroyed yet." 

They reached the bridge and see it was bit broken, they cross the bridge with struggle, Alena tightly hold the bag with the babies, she tried to calm the babies because it may call a dangerous monsters below the bridge. 

They reached the other side unharmed. 

"Are there other risky places we will encounter?" 

"Probably yes, we still have to cross the mountains of the frozen kingdom, where all ice knights are appearing during winter." 

The babies stopped crying as soon as the surroundings are quiet, she fed the babies with milk using a wooden spoon. 

As soon as they see the mountain, thick layers of mist covering the whole mountain. 

The guy said "Looks like we have to take a break for now." 

"Why?" 

"When mist appeared from that mountain, frost fang buffalo will go on that spot where what we call ice fairies will appear and hunt them." 

"So what will we do?" 

"Either detour or wait till it's gone." 

They can't stand the cold any longer so they must turn back and head on a forest. 

The guy makes a campfire to warm the cold temperature, Alena feed the babies while inside the bag. 

The guy said "What happened to you? Why do you have too much babies." 

Alena wasn't very comfortable of telling the truth. 

"I saw this children inside of a burned orphanage, o was going inside to loot some valuable that wasn't burned by the fire, I heard cries in different rooms, I thought it was ghosts, but as I look deeper, I saw cradles burned." 

The guy looks confused and said "What is it?"

"It was a baby, a baby who survived the fire, I searched for more, but all is left was three." 

"So, where are you supposed to be heading?" 

"Where the wind takes me." 

"Aha!"

The guy points at him. 

"What is it?" 

"You're a pirate!" 

"What?! No!" 

"Yes you are." 

"You don't have any proof." 

"Back at Harken, pirates also say the same thing, Where the air or current takes me. And I have one more." 

"What?" 

"How can an orphanage keep too much babies?" 

"... Alright, you win, now, you will kill me." 

"No no, the Kingdom of Harken also accept pirates who only there for trading and having a new life, the place was well guarded that even the sewers can't be escapable, but thieves can."

"Nice thing to hear." 

"If you meet some of the pirates there, you'll definitely will stay there." 

"That'll be great." 

"Nark Medison." 

"Alena." 

They talk very long that the moon rises from the sky. 

"Guess we will wait till tomorrow." 

The rhino was very big that it covers all two of them including the bag of babies. The rhino has two horns, the one was big and one was short, it has two black eyes, and common appearance of a rhino but bigger, it also have armor plating from the sides. 

Alena woke inside a dream, she was on a ship alone, she heard the babies cry and look for them, she didn't saw until a huge tentacle of a giant octopus swing down and break the nose of the shop, she hold her dagger and find the babies. 

"The sons of the captains should not die!"

She goes inside the ship and saw it was empty, no cannons, no barrel and no crews inside the ship.

"Where are they?!" 

Thuge tentacles started to peirce to the ship from one side to another. She look around as fast as she can before the ship split in half.

"There!" 

She found the bag at the opposite place of where she was, she jumped over the tentacles, she reached the bag and run back up.

The babies started to cry. She run towards a boat attached to the ship's rope. But right before she rwached the boat, the huge pole of the ship fall straight to them. 

"No!" 

She woke up from the dream and saw it was already daytime. 

Nark shakes her shoulders to wake her up. 

"Alena, are you alright?" 

Alena was speechless and look at the bag and saw the babies are still there. A few hours later, they continued to go to the mountain, it was very clear. 

They safely cross to the mountain and made it to the kingdom safely.

Six giant heavily armored knights are guarding the giant gate, they have huge shields and armoire was three times bigger than the common size that looks like heavier than carrying 100 sacks of rice at the same time.

The guards looked at us. 

One of the guards said "She's a pirate, what's she's here for." 

Nark said "She's a good one, she's here to love and raise her children." 

"Make any crime and you'll get the same punishment as the others have." 

"She knows it. Well, Alena, here, you'll have a new life."

The kingdom was was made out of huge and unbreakable wall. 

"How's the wall when expanding?" 

"The wall was created every hundred square kilometers I think, not sure." 

Alena was so relieved that she will able to raise the babies in a safer environment and place. Both inside and outside are well guarded. 

She saw the dragons who brought the evacuation boxes, they get close to the spot, she saw her friend and all of the villagers back where she was. 

Alena shouted "Delaila!" 

The girl named Delaila was her friend who helped her. 

"Alena!, I'm glad to see you here safely. I thought you were dead, we're so worried, we're so sorry that we let you go." 

"No, that's not a problem, but how's everyone?" 

"Thankfully that the dragons arrived before the earthquake gets worse." 

"What will you do now?" 

"Well, we will work here for now, the leader of the evacuation team said that thee will be a war coming soon, so it is better to stay here for a while." 

"Where did they got that news?" 

"They say that a Guardian God said it."

With their hopes high, they live at the village where protected by giant crystals. 

"What are those floating crystals at the castle?"

"Those are Guardian Crystals, they have more than one type, but this ones are made out of light, those are alive and able to detect danger."

"So this is why it was very protected."

With nothing to be scared of, she live by a nearby evacuation hall, it was very big that it was twice the size of the castle.

The King appeared in the center, it has a wing of an angel, but his eyes was glowing neon red.

The king said "I'm sorry for not letting you know that news that there will be war is the next few months, but don't worry, you all will stay here for now until the war is finished, I have no guarantee that this wall is a hundred percent safe, but we will with the guards will do our best to avoid any damage or risks that may happen, may the Guardian Gods will protect us."

Without waisting any time, she looked for a job, she left the babies with Delaila. She looked around, there was so many available jobs that she is capable of, but outside of the wall is restricted for now.

He found a decent Job of being a butcher which needed knife skills that she is capable of, she loved it at the first day, she was payed daily because she was not sure if she can come back at work. 

She was there for a week now, she asked the patrolling soldiers for some info of where the pirates are gathering. 

The guards seems to be so careful that she whispered the location than saying it loudly, she was able to see the Pirate Hall after a few hours of walking that far. 

One of the guards who's guarding the door looked at her and said "What're you here for?"

"I'm here to look for a friend of mine."

"Name?"

"Alena." 

"Group of?"

"White Sea Dragon, the opposite opponent Black Harbor Serpent." 

"So you're one of the pirates who recently arrived here." 

"Wait, recently?" 

"You're lucky that you have the same name flag as the others, come with us." 

Alena was escorted from the hall. 

"Hey, captains of the white dragon, you have a similar team crew here."

One was wearing a Cape of the White Sea Dragon. General Pablo, known as the Knight Pirate, the eighteenth generation blood of the real leaders of the White Sea Dragon, she was said to be a Knight because helped many troubled kingdoms, she wears an armor of a Knight and often fight alone until the offence are low, that was her risky tactics, she was very known that even bad guys put a price on her head to kill her, her name was like a boy's name, it was given because she was still not noticed to being a girl because of the armor in her body.

"Where's your captain, I'd like to talk to him. And why only you?" 

"They're gone." 

Pablo tightly hold the shoulders of Alena and said "What!?" 

Everyone gets quiet when they heard Pablo shout. 

"All three captains who's given task was all dead." 

"What in the hell do you mean!" 

"We... We were being attacked."

"By one of our enemies?"

"No." 

"Then what!" 

"We were being attacked by a sea monster." 

"That's nonsense, Berk can kill three sea serpents at once." 

"But we were being surprised attacked, before we were able to ready the cannon bellow, the ship was already being torn apart." 

Pablo swing her leg and split the table in two.

"DAMN IT!!!!" 

"I'm so sorry captain." 

"Are you the only one left?"

"No, the children of the three captains are still alive."

"How?" 

"I charge to the ships and left the rest of my members, I didn't mind the captains because captain said that I should guard their children because they know that I am the only one who didn't care much about my leader." 

"I'm glad that you still have the remaining blood of my dead friends."

"Hope you forgive me."

Pablo left the hall without any reply.

Cian, one of the greatest gun users of the group tapped her shoulders and said "You should take a rest." 

One of the men walk towards me and passed a sword. It was Bryan, a Master of swords in the group, he train many of the groups when no mission or request are given. 

Alena live in the Kingdom of Harken peacefully with ally pirates beside her, she was able to raise the babies healthily. 

[At the end of courage is a hope that can't be stolen or destroyed.] 

0