Chapter 15: Good Bye
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A years passed, the war is finished and everything is all back to normal. The babies grew up and able to speak, they play like normal kids. 

"Mom, can we go outside?" 

They consider Alena as their mom because she raise them. 

"I'm not your mother, but sure, just be careful."

"You're sure not our mother, but we see you as our mother and only mother." 

The kids who's name was Baldor, Palmer and Gregson goes out and have some fun playing in the plain grass. Alena turned into a helpful and beautiful young woman than before, she never set her foot to become a pirate again, but her friend pirates sometimes visit her even if she's no longer one of them, but the blood of the kids' parents are not allowed to be share to them, Alena wished that they will grow farther than being a pirate. Alena yet didn't want to get married so she was known as a single mother.

At the plain grass outside of the wall near where farmers are. The three are playing tags and jumping rope. 

"What do our parents used to be back in the past?" Baldor asked while laying in the garss and looking at the butterfly. 

"I don't know, mother didn't said a thing about our parents nor her pirate friends." Gregson replied. 

"I know, why don't we ask mother's pirate friend what could they be." 

"Good idea."

"But surely they will say that they don't know." 

"They could also be pirates." 

"Where did you sniff those ideas?" 

"Can't you see, mother can talk to pirates and not only that, she's a friend of them." 

"Well, if that's the case, she'll be sad to be like one."

"I guess so too." 

"Arg, I want adventure!" 

"Me too." 

"But I think we are still young to be adventures." 

"Who cares, then why the story book 'The Young Hero'?" 

"Well just like the Giant Guard said, the word is full of wonderful and amazing creatures, yet there are still dangerous and deadly creatures too." 

"Then why don't we wear armor like the adventurers come in this place?" 

"I don't think we can handle that kind of weight, we're not small but strong like dwarfs." 

They see each other as brothers not by blood but by bond, that same strong bond makes Alena as their mother.

"Hew look, a dragon!" 

"Wow!" 

"That is a Lightning Dragon, used as scouts and messenger." 

"Soon we will go to school now." Gregson 

"That's great." Palmer replied. 

"Not fun." Baldor replied. 

Back at Alena, she worked as hard as she can so that she will able to buy all the things they need for school, her friend helped her. 

Back in the past years when the war is finally over, the village was still in a strange kind of curse or magic that whoever gets close smell a vile scent and will cause to die, after it disappeared, the workers are repairing the villages one after the other, her friend and the other villagers stayed in the kinfdom until the repairing is finished. 

Many lives was taken back in the years of war, a wandering puppeteer told them a story about Heroes who died in the war, the weapon he said was still not found. 

"Alena." Delaila greets her while she walk towards her.

"Oh hi." 

"What are you doing here now?" 

"No work today because we ran out of livestocks." 

"Good thing for a break, come here, I have something to show you." 

Delaila pulled Alena towards a weapons and armour shop. 

"Why are we here?" 

"Just get in!"

Delaila pushed her inside of the shop, it was filled with weapons like swords and even guns. 

"What is this place?" 

"Your pirate friends the told me that she needs another shop keeper and I think that it could be you." 

"But I'm no longer a pirate." 

"But you're a great sword woman and a great mother, and being a pirate is not a part of a shop keeping." 

"What that mean?" 

"The point is you can go to work here too and a guard if you have the time to work again." 

She was being great by the shop keepers, she was really surprised when she saw the keepers. It was the two greatest pirates, it was Cyan and Bryan. 

"What the two of you doing here? You should be with our leader." 

Bryan replied "Our leader asked to guard the new pirate captains until they grow up and replace their parent's rank." 

"I just told her, they're never going to be like their parents, they need some time to think first." 

"Even if you don't like it, I will force them, whether you like it or not." 

Alena walks away with an angry feeling, she slam the door and left Delaila. 

The three came home, they saw Alena was crying from the room, they walk inside and saw she holds a pendant, that pendant was from Baldor, she remove it because she think that the people will see them as a disgusting pirate kids than a normal kid. 

"Mom, why are you crying?" Baldor asked Alena. 

"You have something to know from you real parents." 

"What is it?" 

They side beside Alena and listen. 

"Your parents are pirates." 

"What?!" 

"I knew it!" 

"But why keeping it as a secret." 

"I kept it a secret because I didn't want you to be the same fate as your parents, I raise you as a normal kid because I don't want you to get hurt." 

"Then why are you crying?" 

"Soon, they will take you away from me and will live as a pirate."

They felt a heavy feeling, instead of being happy that they will be a pirate and sea adventurers, it becomes a gap to separate them from Alena.

"I'm sorry, I think that you will no longer to have a happy life because you now know the truth." 

They hugged Alena tightly and cried. 

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't want to leave you, we want to be with you until we get older!"

"You're our mother, we don't want to separate from you." 

"We want to live a happy life with you, please don't let us get captured by those pirates."

They no longer wanted to be pirates because of a heavy consequence. From that year, they live in a peaceful life, they got to school a month later, they have friends they can play with, they're good at studying and able to be a clever boys. Alena forget all about being a pirate and letting the kids to be pirates and will never be. 

The three was at the plain grass outside the wall with their friends.

"Hey Palmer, are you going to play with us?" Laura, one of Palmer's closest friends, often steal his food when not looking. 

"You're just gonna steal my pudding next." 

"Like I will."

"Yes you do." 

"No I don't."

Baldor was at a tree and reading a book about mechanics.

"Why are you reading such a brain cramping book?" Lola, Baldor's talkative friend, really annoys Baldor when concentrating but never stops even if she was being told to stop.

"Because this is great and interesting book." 

"That's so lame." 

"For you, but this is nice and beautiful." 

"But what if I grow up, do I look beautiful?" 

"Who knows? It's yours to decide." 

"Let him be sister, he's studying for the kingdom's improvement." Jack, Lola's twin brother, he sometimes help Baldor when he made a plan, Baldor is a inventive boy and sometimes try unusual things like making an automatic pulley, but they never give up after failing.

Gregson was playing tag with their friends, he have too many bruises because of running, but he's a cheerful boy that act as a painkiller due to laughter, his flexibility was really remarkable but his speed lacks. 

Another day for school, Baldor, Palmer and Gregson brought their books in the room, no one bullied them once because they really have too much friends from the inside and outside. 

"Okay girls and boy, let's have a short quiz just to warm up first." 

They studied hard but still in a happy state, they know that Alena was working hard for them, so as an exchange, they pledge that they will study hard, but studying was really hard so they are really in a trouble unlike the other students who study and read books like a a flow of wind or a stream of water that keeps going.

Sometimes, Gregson got dizzy by only ready one book in a nonstop way without taking a break.

"Okay, time for a short break, we'll start after 20 minutes." 

Baldor read carriage manual, Palmer eat his apple and bread before Lola has the chance to steal it but she got the pudding while Gregson was dizzy reading a book by forcing himself. 

Gregson said "Iz there a spare buhket?" as he look really dizzy and about to vomit. 

"Don't make a mess here, we don't want you to get detention." 

"Yef, wef neef wo go finf Mafma, wef sfif haf fa fingf fo fwu." <Yeah, we need to go find mama, we still have a thing to do.>

"Don't talk while your mouth is full." 

"*gulp* But Lola is trying to read my apple even if this is already bitten."

While the three are having a break, at Alena, she was finding some other work he can do while his shop owner still have nothing to sell, she trued to farm some wheat from the farm, his cutting skill is very clean and fast, the job was already done much early, she was paid and she look for more, she used her sword skills as a help for her work. At the end of the day, she became very tired, but that exhaustion was rewarding because of her hard work. 

Years and years passed, the boy started to began growing older, they started to work little by little.

But a problem happen, Pablo showed up, she has cuts and bruises, she was sent on a healing room, Alena heard the news and go right away, she found Plablo sitting from the bed even if the doctors asked her to lay down and take a rest, the moment Pablo see Alena, she tried to stand up and walk towards Alena. 

"What happened captain?!" 

"We were being challenged by the Black Harbor, we were defeated because they tricked us, now only few captains survived, they have a huge advantage because of guns more than swords, we could keep up and forced to retreat." 

"Stay here, you'll be fine." 

"No, the reason why I came here is I need to aks the others to gather up or else no pirates of the White Sea Dragon is safe in the sea." 

"But how the hideout?" 

"That's the reason, we must fight again or our enemy will destroy the hideout and many villages there will get destroyed and robbed or even killed, we must fight no matter what." 

"Alena was getting stressed in the current situation, three captains died, then many lives of good pirates died, now the hideout and the near villages are death threatened. 

Alena looked at Pablo and said "Let me join." 

"No, you must take care the kids of the captains." 

"They're independent no, they can stand by themselves, now it's my time to help you." 

Pablo was really hesitating but she accept her, she wield a sword again, without saying it to the three boys, she goes with the other pirates, the king gave them a warm goodbye and prayer for a safety, the three wa really unconscious that Alena that they call mother was gone and about to fight against their enemy. 

Baldor was creating an a high powered cannon and at an open testing area with other investors helping him out, Palmer was selling baked goods at his friend's shop to earn money, Gregson was trying to be a soldier and hoping to become a general or captain. 

Alena left a letter at the table, Baldor gets home early and found it, the letter was there before Alena left, he read it "Gerson, Palmer and Baldor, this might be the last day you will see, I've left dinner there if you ever get home late, I've left the money in a small cabinet, I may no longer come back, but take care of yourselves, hope you understand, my team's place is in danger and I must participate a war. A letter from Alena Caribbean."

[Sometimes, you will be left by someone important for a bad or good reason, but don't let that bad reason to make go down and give up, they may no longer come back, but too late isn't the thing they left for you or even stopping, crying is natural but moving forward after pain is a truth that you can face every challenge.] 

Did I write too long? 

0