04.The Fourth Candidate
3.2k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fufufu∼ you should bring your succubus charm under control, Leto-sama"in response to the profound silence caused by Leto's appearance, Gabriel whispered those words to the culprit of such an environment.

Leto could only let out a slightly nervous laugh that caused a further fascination in the small crowd. Although Leto had a skill with this effect, 「Fascination」, it could only be activated when entering battle, it was not a passive skill.

Because of the three curses, Leto seemed to have gained access to the skill tree of fairies, nymphs, and the succubus.

"Lady Leto?"

Leto was forced to ignore Gabriel's mocking smile when he heard someone pronounce his name.

Turning forward, Leto saw a handsome young man with black hair approaching. A pair of warriors that Leto immediately recognized as Imperial Knights were advancing alongside the young man.

That young man stopped two steps from Leto, and in his eyes, Leto could see a glow similar to the one Gabriel sometimes showed, which made him feel uncomfortable. Of course, there was a great difference between being watched that way by a beautiful young woman like Gabriel, and being watched by a man.

"I can't be wrong, Lady Leto"the young man showed a bold smile after saying that.

"It is as your highness has said, I am Leto Lyndell, the second daughter of the Marquise Jilliana Lyndell"Leto bowed slightly as he subtly lifted her dress.

That this young man was guarded by Imperial Knights clarified that he was a member of the imperial family, although Leto did not know specifically who this young man was.

Leto's simple action of subtly bowing and showing a bit of the pale skin of his legs quickened the pulse of every man present. Not even Nathan could help but be affected and did his best not to externalize it.

As for the women present, they were divided into two groups. Some of them were perhaps a little less fascinated than men, while others could not help but feel jealous, Leto Lyndell was an unjust being, a creature that should not exist outside of an ancient painting.

Leto had to do his best not to startle when the prince took his right hand and brought it to his lips to kiss the side of his hand.

"This prince only remembers seeing her only once several years ago, but not in my most extravagant dreams would I have imagined that your beauty would reach this point, Lady Leto"

Hearing that from someone as handsome as this prince would undoubtedly be a compliment to any woman, for Leto it was something so repulsive as continually make him feel chills.

"You are too kind to this young woman, Your Highness"out of the corner of his eye, Leto could see how Gabriel's smile trembled slightly.

Leto could imagine Gabriel doing her best to contain her laughter, and this was quite irritating to him.

As Leto mentally vowed to punish Gabriel in another moment, Nathan smiled charmingly.

"Lady Leto, would you allow me the honor of escorting you the rest of the way?"

Leto's body tensed slightly upon hearing this. However, seeing the gaze of the rest of the young men present, he was forced to make a quick decision.

"The honor will be entirely mine, Your Highness"even though the situation was repulsive to him, Leto was forced to accept this prince's offer, was this or endure the courtship attempts of all those wolves around him.

With the prince by his side, Leto would not have to worry about rejecting all those hungry-looking wolves one by one, and once at the academy, he would go to the women's section and not have to worry about the prince and any another boy.

Even though that was a good plan, Leto couldn't help but feel deep pain. He was a man, and yet he was eager to get to the women's section.

"I'll see you later, Gabriel"

"I will pray to the gods for your safety, Leto-sama"

Beneath that calm expression Gabriel was showing, Leto could imagine Gabriel laughing loudly because of his current situation. He was being courted by a prince.

Walking to the side of the smiling prince, Leto arrived in front of the door where a beautiful young woman with golden hair seemed to wait.

"Lady Leto, let me introduce you, this is Princess Neris Oisferen of the kingdom of Oisfer"

For a second Neris frowned, wasn't Prince Nathan omitting order when making introductions?

"It is a pleasure, Your Highness"Leto made the same greeting salutes that he showed before for Nathan, and in the same way as before, this sped up the pulse of many observers.

Seeing Leto so close and making that charming greeting was too much for Neris, her face even showed a little blush.

"Princess Neris, this is Lady Leto of the Marquis House Lyndell"

Nathan's voice brought Neris out of her daze and she must have used all her willpower to keep from showing her irritation, for what reason had she been so affected by another woman?

"Lady Leto is a pleasure"

Leto could sense a certain animosity behind the smile Neris was showing him, and he could not find any reason for this, this was the first time that they had seen each other.

Is she jealous?the only thing Leto could think of about it was that Neris was interested in this prince of whom he didn't even know his name.

"Lady Leto, Princess Neris, if you may me"Nathan bowed slightly to show his chivalry by asking them both to allow him to escort them.

Without even bothering to look at Leto again, Neris moved to Nathan's right with a charming smile hanging from her pink lips.

With an awkward smile on his lips, Leto moved to Nathan's left.

Even though neither of the beauties at his side tried to offer her hand to him for escort them properly, Nathan could not help but feel fully satisfied, no doubt such a situation was worthy of someone of his greatness and in his mind, Nathan was already making big plans for the future, he would ask his father to arrange a political marriage between himself and Neris, and he would also ask him to deliver Leto to his as a concubine.

Oblivious to Nathan's plans, Leto and Neris walked alongside the proud prince and walked through the door officially enter the academy grounds. The gate guards did not even try to request a pass from any of the three of them.

After Leto disappeared, Gabriel boarded the carriage and once alone, let out the mocking laugh she had been holding back.

What would that cocky prince do if he found out he had been fascinated by a boy? This caused Gabriel's laughter, however. Her laughter halted and her gentle face was somber from one instant to the next.

"If that fool tries to put his hands on Leto-sama, I will have to kill him"a chilling smile took shape on Gabriel's lips as her gaze showed a coldness that would freeze the blood of the bravest.

Nathan's lifted spirits were interrupted for a second when he felt a strong shiver shake his back, but finding no reason for that, he shrugged and regained his smile as he stood in the middle of two beautiful girls.

"Leto-sama... Kristin-sama is beautiful, but her little sister is on a whole different level..."

As Nadyia showed her pass to one guard, she heard those words being spoken in amazement by another of the guards.

"The current Marquise Lyndell is a beautiful woman, and it is said that the previous head of the Lyndell House was also beautiful, as their coat of arms shows, the Lyndell family is a noble house full of white roses"

"That seems to be the case, but will not the one whom the emperor gives Leto-sama as concubine be a very envied man?"

Even those who were not part of the conversation between the guards nodded in silence upon hearing this. Nadyia frowned, why should a noble girl like Leto Lyndell become a mere concubine?

Nadyia did not care too much about her femininity, so she did not feel envy or jealousy towards Leto Lyndell, in her eyes, that girl was so adorable as to provoke in her the desire to force Leto to call her 'onee-san' and sit that cute girl on her lap to pamper her. Nadyia only had two younger brothers and two older brothers, so she always wanted something like a little sister to pamper.

"Excuse me, for what reason would Lady Leto Lyndell-sama end up as a concubine?"having grown up surrounded only by men, Nadyia was not a shy or reserved girl, if she was curious about something, she did not hesitate to find answers.

The guard examining Nadyia's pass frowned for two seconds, but after giving Nadyia a quick look from head to toe, he simply let out a light sigh.

"That is because of the special circumstances of the Marquis Lyndell House..." — this young woman with reddish hair was of common origin, she did not understand about the intricate situation of the nobles, so taking pity on the young woman, the guard responded with a brief explanation about the particular situation of the Lyndell House.

As Leto moved down the cobblestone road, a large trifurcation soon appeared in front.

At that junction, on the road that veered off to the left, was a group of charming young ladies, all of them wearing the academy's white uniform. On the other side, on the path that veered off to the right, was a group of boys who were also wearing the white academy uniform.

As for the path that was going straight, it was guarded by a pair of guards, who would allow no one to pass.

After seeing Leto's group approaching, those two groups of students were surprised. After seeing the fifth prince accompanied by two beautiful young ladies was enviable for the men, and from the perspective of some girls, they envied those two young ladies.
 
"Up to here I may accompany you, Lady Leto, Princess Neris"Nathan showed his charming smile, through his eyes the desire to carry out his plans as soon as possible, especially concerning Leto Lyndell, no doubt other nobles would take an interest in her.
 
After forcing himself to thank Nathan for escorting him, Leto said goodbye to that prince of whom he didn't even know his name and headed towards the group of young ladies wearing the academy uniform.

In complete silence, Neris walked alongside Leto in the same direction.

"Welcome to the imperial academy, my name is Inis Selvyn, I am the fourth candidate, and I have been assigned by the academy to welcome new students and answer their questions"a beautiful young woman with hair curly chestnut stepped forward and introduced herself to Leto and Neris.

Leto subtly clenched his fists upon hearing that Inis Selvyn was a candidate, someone who had been selected to climb the Goetia Tower to be chosen by one of the holy swords. Neris had the same reaction as Leto.

"It is an honor to meet a candidate, my name is Neris Oisferen"Neris went ahead of Leto and made his presentation.

"Princess Neris of Oisfer?"the surprise of Inis and the rest of her companions was no less than that of those who first saw Neris descend from her carriage. What was someone doing who had already been chosen by a holy sword at the academy? This was the question that was asked in Inis's mind.

47