08.Fairy Kiss
2.9k 27 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Mylee Tryne closed the entry ceremony and set a time and place for tomorrow's tournament, the girls were asked to use the rest of the day to get acquainted with the academy and their peers.

Since Nadyia was impatient to know the place of the tournament, and since Leto was not in the mood because of seeing his older sister again, both ended up separating.

Nadyia headed towards the dueling arena, and Leto decided to walk through the huge garden that was around the amphitheater. Even if he didn't feel like it at all, Leto felt that going back to his room would be stifling.

With his mind totally occupied with thinking of his older sister, whom he had undoubtedly deeply hurt, Leto left the beautiful garden area and without noticing reached the edge of a slope.

"Eh..." —Leto came out of his thoughts realizing that slope in front of him.

Looking confusedly at his surroundings, Leto realized that without noticing he had ended up walking away from the garden and the amphitheater.

"Should—"

"Go away!!"

Just as Leto was thinking return, a scream filled with terror reached his ears.

Following that voice, Leto observed in detail the bottom of the slope, there was a girl wearing the white uniform of the academy.

Leto's eyes widened at the sight of what was happening.

That girl was holding a sword in her hands, which she was waving in a panic trying to keep away a creature that should not be present in this place, a long black-scale snake on whose body was a large number of randomly distributed eyes, an Ajatar, a serpent mutated by the miasma generated by Calamities.

The creatures mutated and twisted by the miasma were scattered throughout every corner of the world, however, that in this place highly guarded by the empire such as this small mountain where the sacred swords resided, there was something as dangerous as an Ajatar was really strange.

"I don't have a weapon..." —Leto, like the rest of the new students at the academy, did not have a personal weapon, it would lend he one for the tournament, but if he wanted his own sword, he and the rest of the girls would have to buy it at the academy store.

Although the Ajatar was a dangerous creature it was not actually strong because this was at level 1, the danger was in the creature's poison. With this in mind and considering that the girl was holding a sword, Leto relaxed a little.

Since that girl was holding a sword, that meant that she was at least a sophomore, so she should have no trouble dealing with an Ajatar.

Leto's relief didn't last long, that visibly panicked girl stepped back and tripped over a rock.

The Ajatar did not miss that oversight and jumped on the girl biting one of her legs at the level of her calf. The girl let out a loud cry of pain.

"Fast Step" —Leto muttered this as he hurried down the slope.

There were four kinds of skills, and the ones that required a voice command to activate were the active-type skills.

Leto's body glowed for a second and his movement speed increased considerably as he ran down the slope.

Skill: Fast Step

Type: Active (Learned)

Rarity: ★

Lvl: 1/1

Effect: For five seconds triple the user's movement speed

Mana Consumption: 10

Skill Tree: Martial Art

As Leto's mind went into battle mode, complex numerical calculations were generated around his body to determine if his chance-type skills whether or not they were activated, and this phenomenon could only be seen by someone who carried a skill that allowed him to do so.

Of the four types of existing skills, living beings can only activate at will one of them, the active-type skills.

Passive-type skills are always kept active, while the activation of chance-type skills is entirely linked to chance and luck.

As for the fourth type of skills, absolute-type skill, only a few people have access to this class of skills, those who wield a holy sword.

The girl fell completely on her back on the ground due to the intense pain, the poison of the Ajatar was extremely corrosive since it contained a large amount of miasma. Still, the girl was strong enough to kick the Ajatar away.

「Skill Chance Noblesse Oblige, activated」

In Leto's mind that message was generated while his body was enveloped by a faint glow and the image of a golden crown appeared over his head for a couple of seconds, which confirmed that one of his chance-type skills had been activated.

Skill: Noblesse Oblige

Type: Chance (Birth)

Rarity: ★

Lvl: 2/5

Activation: 5% chance to activate at battle start

Effect: 10% increase in defense, agility, and dexterity

Skill Tree: Noblesse

 

Leto's speed increased to one more and he reached the girl just as the Ajatar approached her once more to attack her.

Creatures mutated by the miasma were malicious and atrocious, they would never miss the opportunity to kill someone who was not like them, a mutated.

The eyes of the girl who was seriously affected by the poison widened in surprise upon seeing Leto, however, the strength of the poison was such as to prevent her from even trying to speak.

With his mind momentarily focused on the Ajatar, Leto ignored the girl and picked up her sword from the ground.

「Skill Passive Swordsmanship」

That message was generated in Leto's mind once his left hand touched the hilt of the sword.

Skill: Swordsmanship

Type: Passive (Learned)

Requires: Sword

Rarity: ☆☆

Lvl: 5/10

Effect: Lets user wields a sword and gives access to the Swordsmanship skill tree

Skill Tree: Swordsmanship

This world was ruled by skills, someone who did not possess the Swordsmanship skill could not even hold a real sword since this sword would be as heavy as a mountain, and to acquire such a skill, a person had to be trained by someone who already possesses this skill.

Upon seeing Leto, the Ajatar quickly changed his target, although the Ajatar was not an intelligent one, by sheer instinct he understood that he must inject his poison into the body of this new target before trying to finish off the previous target.

“Radiant Sword”

With the sword now in his hands, Leto whispered that and the sword blade was quickly covered in a layer of silver light.

Skill: Radiant Sword

Type: Active (Learned)

Rarity: ★

Requires: Sword

Lvl: 1/1

Effect: Endows the sword with the power of light

Mana Consumption: 15

Skill Tree: Paladin

 

Feeling the power that impregnated that sword, the Ajatar fell back, the magic fire and the magic light were the greatest vulnerability of the creatures mutated by the miasma.

"Fast Step" —there was no way for Leto to let such a dangerous creature escape, so having passed the five-second effect of this skill, he activated it again.

Leto's right foot hit the ground hard and he propelled himself towards the Ajatar.

Endowed with eyes over much of his body, the Ajatar did not even have to turn his head to realize the imminent attack that fell on him, however, Leto was under the influence of two skills, Noblesse Oblige and Fast Step, the Ajatar had no chance to react in time.

Leto swung the sword looking for the head of the snake.

「Skill Chance Double Hit, activated」

As Leto's sword fell on the snake's body, that message was generated in his mind.

The quality of skills is determined by the number of stars they have, three stars are the highest quality, but there are two types of stars, silver (☆), and gold (★), evidently, gold stars indicate higher quality and power.

Skill: Double Hit

Type: Chance (Acquired)

Rarity: ☆☆☆

Lvl: 2/5

Activation: 10% chance to activate when making an attack

Effect: Two attacks are made in one

Skill Tree: General

 

The blurred image of a second sword was generated a few centimeters from the sword that Leto was swinging towards the Ajatar, and this seemed a kind of residual image but was not such a thing.

The edge of the sword finally reached the body of the snake and with hardly any resistance, the Ajatar's head was cut off. However, that was not all, that blurred image also fell on the body of the snake and made another cut.

Cut into three parts, the Ajatar's black body rolled onto the ground as a black haze emerged from his skin. From one instant to the next, that creature turned into an ordinary snake.

When the mutated creatures were defeated, the miasma escaped from their bodies and these poor beings returned to their original form.

Leto's mind quickly left the combat state and his Noblesse Oblige skill was deactivated.

With the Ajatar reduced to a simple lifeless snake, Leto turned his attention to that girl who had been affected by the Ajatar's poison.

The girl's skin showed a slight tan, however, this was not the effect of the sun, but of the poison. The skin where the girl had been bitten was turning black and this blackness was spreading throughout the girls' body.

The girls' short hair was bright pink, large round glasses covered most of her face, and her prominent chest rose and fell continuously due to her labored breathing.

"Ok, everything will be fine, I'll take you to..." —Leto leaned next to the girl and exclaimed that to try to give her a bit of calm, however, he quickly fell silent remembering that he still didn't know where the infirmary was. It doesn't matter, I'll ask someone on the way —with this in mind, Leto tried to take the girl in his arms, but to his surprise, the girl awkwardly moved her body to avoid him.

"You can't take me... * COF * ..." —the girl coughed up some blood and Leto panicked, however, the girl resisted Leto's attempt to take her in his arms again.

"If they don't take care of you quickly, you will die" —Letus hardened his tone to try to pressure the girl to allow him to take her for help.

"If I die, it will be the best... * COF * ... for my family" —in addition to the black blood that began to run down the edge of the lips of the girl, several tears rolled from the edge of her eyes.

Leto frowned, what was wrong with this girl? If she really wanted to die, then why did she try to defend herself from Ajatar before?

"Well, in that house I will help you not to suffer from the poison" —with a cold expression, Leto stood up and placed the point of the sword on the neck of the girl.

Seeing Leto's expression and feeling the point of his own sword on her neck, the girl shuddered.

"Any message you want me to pass on to your family?" —in a tone of voice as cold as his expression showed, Leto asked this question and the girl shuddered again.

The tears began to flow with greater force from the eyes of that girl, she even bit her lips to prevent the crying from escaping from her throat.

"Since you have nothing to say, then I suppose there is no need for me to take care of your body either, I will let nature take care of it"

Leto pressed the sword a little to the girl's neck, enough for a drop of blood to emerge.

"I don't want to die..." —the girl finally stopped biting her lips and these simple words escaped her throat and then burst into tears.

"I assumed it" —Leto's expression relaxed, and as a faint smile formed on his lips he removed the sword from the girl's neck. I don't think there's time to look for help —with the girl's skin darkening, this was evident in Leto's mind.

The girl watched Leto bow once more to her side, however, to her surprise, that beautiful doll-like girl made no attempt to take her in her arms, in the end this beautiful girl would let her die?

"Fairy Kiss" —Leto muttered this as he brought his face closer to the girl's face.

For a second, over Leto's head appeared the image of a little dancing fairy.

The girl's mind went completely blank as she felt the soft lips of that beautiful silver-haired girl being pressed against her own lips. Greater was the surprise of the girl when she felt a tongue invading the inside of her mouth, she felt the world spin.

The suffocating fever and the pain the poison caused her, as well as her own worries that had led her for a second to think that it was better to die, all of this disappeared from the girl's mind while her first kiss was stolen.

The girl lost consciousness, not because of the poison but mostly pushed by what her naive common sense told her about the meaning of a kiss.

I'm a vicious Azur Lane player, so I thought I'd use this skill system for this novel, but I found out I'm too bad at naming skills =O

46