10.Priorities
2.4k 11 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Often commoners and nobles seem to be inhabitants of different worlds, which for some is normal, for the others it makes no sense.

A basic example of the above is in the very act of taking a bath.

Nobles enjoy their luxurious hot-water baths in large tubs that could accommodate even multiple people at once. Commoners have three different options for bathing, next to a well and without stripping their clothes, using a bucket of water and a moistened piece of cloth, and finally jumping into the waters of a river or lake.

Following this line of thought, after finishing covered in sweat after being carried away by emotion and engaging in a practice match in the dueling arena, Nadyia did not seek to go to the communal bathroom of the dormitory building, but somehow got a bucket with water and a piece of cloth.

For Nadyia, taking a bath in this way was the correct way to do it since there was no river nearby or a lake.

As for Leto, he did not care for the moment to understand Nadyia's actions. In such a situation, he could only enjoy the sight of that slim naked figure and full of temptation.

However, thanks to the fact that he had already enjoyed the naked body view of a beauty like Gabriel many times, Leto had some self-control, so when regaining his composure, he quickly took a change of clothes and practically ran towards the bathroom.

As Leto had thought, the bathroom was empty, and even so he was cautious and did not enter naked but wrapped in a towel.

The bathroom was as luxurious as it would be in any nobleman's mansion, only this one was much larger. Probably about thirty young ladies could bathe comfortably at once and enjoy a quiet chat while relaxing.

As for hot water, during the construction of the academy a hot spring had been found, so the academy restrooms were always ready to be used.

It should be mentioned that the academy is not the only one that enjoys hot springs, Almadel is a great tourist destination thanks to these hot springs that supposedly nourish and soften the skin besides helping with the circulation of mana.

Once in the hot water, Leto could relax to a certain extent, since he could not completely let his guard down, some girl could choose this moment to take a bath.

As for his bulky problem arising then seeing Nadyia's slim nude figure, since this was just a natural physiological reaction and not something caused by the succubus curse, this naturally disappeared as Leto relaxed.

"And it's hardly the first day..." —after leaving the bathroom wearing his second change of uniform, Leto muttered that with great regret.

It had not even been 24 hours since his arrival at the academy and he had already had to resort to masturbation, I had even seen the bare skin of his roommate, how long would it be before he had to give up his pride and run in search of his big sister and ask her to take him to Gabriel?

Leto was not even in the mood to eat, but considering what happened when he returned to his room, he did not have much desire to return either to his room.

“I must occupy my mind on another matter…” —if I kept thinking about what had happened I would definitely end up being defeated a third time in just the first day.

With the tournament for the allocation of the first points for the new students in mind, Leto went to the academy store to look at what was on offer.

When he asked one of the many maids in charge of cleaning the bedrooms, Leto found out that the store was on the first floor of the building. In addition, taking advantage of the moment Leto asked about the infirmary. If a situation like before with that unknown girl reappeared, he did not want to resort to his skill Fairy Kiss again.

After crossing some corridors, Leto entered a spacious hall full of shelves, all of them displaying weapons, books, clothes, and a host of various objects.

In the place, there were many girls observing everything with bright eyes and full of nostalgia, the privations that had to be lived in the academy were hard for noble girls.

Ignoring the many glances his presence attracted, Leto focused his attention on what was offered in the store.

As it was supposed to be, item prices were set in points.

A simple iron sword cost a thousand points, a set of fashionable underwear cost seven thousand points.

A book costs three thousand points, while a small bottle of perfume costs ten thousand points.

It didn't have to be a genius to understand the reason behind such ridiculous prices, what every noble girl would prioritize was what had the highest cost. It's clear that the point system was totally aimed at promoting competition and effort in these spoiled girls.

From what Mylee Tryne explained about the point system during the entry ceremony, a student with average grades could earn an average of two thousand points a week.

Be taking that into account and comparing it to the exorbitant prices of the products that the girls would undoubtedly prioritize, Leto understood the reason he had not seen too many girls from the upper grades until now, the vast majority of them must be desperate to make points.

That girl must have been practicing for the same reason… —Leto remembered that strange girl who said something so scandalous like that she could no longer marry after he saved her life.

Leto couldn't help but remember the girl's tentative and voluminous breasts. Was Leto a pervert? From any woman's point of view it was, he dressed like a girl, but from the boys' perspective, that Leto thinking about those two sacred hills was natural, any healthy boy would think about it and even would use it as a material for lonely nights.

"This is complete madness"

After hearing that behind him, Leto turned to see Nadyia.

"It will interest to live in this place" —Leto let out a slightly nervous laugh when seeing Nadyia, in his mind inevitably came the image of her naked body.

"Yes, swords are too cheap, I could buy several of them and then take them to sell to my village to make a small fortune, and underwear is exorbitantly expensive despite being so... small..." —Nadyia had in mind the average of two thousand points, in a week she could buy two good quality iron swords, something that in her village would take almost a month of work just to buy a dilapidated sword. As for the underwear, Nadyia thought it was ridiculous. Three and a half weeks of points for a piece of fabric that would probably break when washed on a rock? With a week of work in her village, Nadyia could buy a large piece of the fabric from which to make several pumpkin panties, and these would be much stronger and not so small.

"Eh?" —Leto was completely confused by Nadyia's strange logic. "But these weapons do not even have a spell engraved on them, and those underwears, although expensive, are of great quality and fashionable"

"Eh?" —this time Nadyia was confused.

A spell was in simple words similar to a poem recited or engraved on an object, and although the effect varied according to the spell used, the result was like that of Chance-type skills, and these types of objects were known as enchanted objects. It must be said that reciting a spell in the middle of a battle is not the smartest thing a person do, and this is not only because of the high mental concentration required to recite the spell, but actually even if the spell perfectly is no guarantee that the spell will successfully activate, the chances of failure of any spell are fifty percent.

As for casting a spell on an object, a sword enchanted with 'Gemini's Wrath' had an effect similar to that of the 'Double Hit' skill carried by Leto. However, while Leto's skill level up and thus increase his chances of activating, such an enchanted sword was stuck at just 1% chance of activating that effect when performing each attack, and it must be said that among the enchanted objects a 1% chance of success activating its effect is relatively normal, with a 5% chance of executing an effect being the best result.

Given the similarities between spells and skills, scholars believed that in the past, using lost methods, someone had engraved spells on people and this resulted in the emergence of skills, men more attached to religion believe that the origin of the skills is actually on the 72 holy swords.

When considering the existence of forbidden sorcery that allows curses to be created, scholars have more than just their imagination to back up their ideas regarding the subject. However, over several centuries, no one has managed to engraved a spell on a living being, the result of this which is always the death of the test subject and the getting of a curse from the experimenter, and this, when the victim was a person who was forced to become a guinea pig.

Therefore, experimentation in search of an efficient way to engraved spells on living beings, looking for this to result in a skill, is taboo and is also punishable by death in the last three existing nations.

As for enchanted items, despite their limitations, they are relatively common, or at least among nobles.

What is a true luxury, are the so-called magical objects, such as the swords and armor carried by those Knights and Maidens who escorted Neris and Nathan. Such objects have an embedded gem, and within this gem is engraved a true skill that can level up.

Anyone can create an enchanted item as long as they have the knowledge to do so only a handful of people can create magic items, and this is because so-called magic gems or skill gems are created using a skill.

"An enchanted weapon? Something like worth at least fifty gold coins”—Nadyia shrugged, she only dream of the possibility of wielding an enchanted spear, accumulating such amount of money would take practically a year of work and saving up to a point where she would only worry about the daily food.

"Five thousand points..." —with Leto not understanding the reason Nadyia seemed so disheartened by a few gold coins, he pointed to the shelves displaying the enchanted weapons.

"What?!" —Nadia quickly lost her cool and ran to where Leto was pointing.

Leto was not the only one to be surprised by Nadyia's sudden scream. Many of the girls present and the store clerks turned their gazes towards the young redhead who now seemed absorbed in her world as she watched an enchanted spear.

“This will be the first thing I strive for…” —Nadyia voiced her thoughts out loud as her gaze locked on a beautiful spear on whose surface a spell was etched.

"For real? Your priorities are strange”—Leto let out a slight laugh, Nadyia was a strange girl by his standards.

"What will be your priority then Leto?" —Leto's laugh was so charming that Nadyia didn't even imagine the possibility that this adorable girl was making fun of her.

“I guess a room with a private bathroom”

Nadyia looked up at the large sign Leto pointed to at the end of the place.

Private room with bathroom, 100,000 points.

Shared room with bathroom, 50,000 points.

Nadyia lost her breath completely when she saw what Leto was aiming for.

"To be part of a Marquis House your priorities are also strange, Leto-san"

After hear a voice charged with pride and mockery, Leto and Nadyia turned to discover that the one who had made that comment was actually Neris Oisferen.

Along with Neris were other girls, who were clearly trying to ingratiate themselves with her because of her high position as a princess.

One of Leto's eyebrows rose subtly at the sight of Neris' face. This time she was not trying to hide the animosity that her eyes left between seeing this morning when they both met.

"Someone of our level should aspire to something to help us reach the top" —Neris added this with great pride as she pointed to a sealed glass shelf, inside which be seen some weapons with embedded gems, magic weapons.

The price of a magic sword was at least seventy thousand points.

"Everyone has their own priorities, Neris-san" —Leto showed a simple smile and for some strange reason, this seemed to annoy Neris even more.

"Humph! It is quite disappointing but it seems that of our generation, I will only have as a rival my roommate”—Neris let out a mocking laugh that was imitated by her companions.

Without saying another word, Neris walked away.

"Did you anger that princess?"

"Not that I remember" —Leto laughed nervously, he didn't really understand why Neris seemed to hate him, if it because of that prince, then it an absurd reason since he just exchanged a couple of words with him.

42