28 – The Little Sister (part 2)
663 12 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

28 - Little Sister (part 2)


8 Years ago

 

Pinie: "This is my little Sis Reir!"

Karl+4 friends: "Hello Pinie's Sis!"

Reir hides behind her older sister clearly showing she is not used to meeting new people.

Karl pushes away the other 4

Karl: "Hey don't let these clowns scare you! I am Karl!"

Karl offers out his stretched hand to Reir who nervously stares at it.

Reir: "...Reir"

Karl: "Great! Let's be friends Reir!"

Pinie: "Sure Karl, You can start being friends by being 'It' this time while the rest of us hide!"

Karl's 4 and Pinie scatter into the woods. 

Karl: "Hey! Not fair..."

Reir: "what's everyone doing?..."

Karl: "Oh Reir, why don't you go hide like the rest of them... *sigh* ill have to be 'It' I guess. Don't let me catch you when I come looking ok. That will be your goal for this game. I am going to start counting and when I finish the one who is 'It' goes looking to catch everyone else."

Karl faces a tree and covers his eyes with his hand. Reir nervously eyes Karl but feeling the pressure of not doing well her first game of hide and seek she bolts out into the woods.

 


The little Wolfkin Reir hides behind a tree using some foliage for cover peaking out occasionally as her ears pearl up and twitch. A snap sounds nearby behind her and Reir looks behind herself

Karl: "Ah Wonder where Reir is...? hmm! hehe."

Reir bolts out from her foliage and rushes away from Karl.

((Karl: "Wait... That direction is... Didn't anyone tell her?))

Karl dashes after Reir.

Karl: "Wait hold on Reir! That way is dangerous."

Reir thinks back to how Pinie tricked Karl at the start of the game... Could Karl be attempting to do the same as well? Reir shook her head. This has to be a trick too right? With this being Reir's first time playing with the group, she mistakenly got the idea that she had to do well so that they will praise her and invite her to play again some other time. Reir picks up the pace and dashes even faster.

Reir ducks under trees and hops over bushes and plants as Karl chases after her. Karl has almost caught up to her when suddenly Reir had run out of the ground and began to slip down a slanted rocky cliff as Karl catches her hand.

Karl: "I got you! Hold on!"

Reir: "I... lost..."

Karl looks at Reir with a bit of anger.

Karl: "Stupid! This isn't about a game anymore! Your safety is more important!"

Reir gives Karl an embarrassed look before diverting her gaze downward.

*Rumble!* *Shake*

"ROOOOOOOAAAR!"

Karl: "Wha..?"

*BOOM*

Reir: "EEEEEEK!"

Reir shouts echo across the forest as the cliffside shakes sending both Karl and Reir rolling down the cliff as Karl holds onto Reir shielding her from many of the rocks. The two continue to roll and Karl's body gets several cuts from the rocks as he suddenly bumps against a rock sending him a foot in the air before he crashes into the bottom of the cliff. Several trees shake before a loud cracking sound echos and they fall to the ground. Both Reir and Karl stare in the direction as Karl's face pales

Karl: "...the red tyrant..."

Karl attempts to move but finds that he had broken too many bones. Karl had heard stories from his tribe, Many of which had always been able to see the creature from the top of the cliffside but any attempts to take it down had met with failure. Once in the past, a group of over 500 hunters charged the beast to leave not a dent on its scales.

Karl: "Reir... listen. I can't move, you have to run away now!"

Reir shakes her head, with tears in her eyes. She always liked listening to stories of the hunters, but some stories some of the others had never come back from. She always hated when hunting parties of 5 left but only 4 returned to the tribe. Now Karl, who risked himself to shield her from the fall is asking her to abandon him. It was something she absolutely could not do.

Reir Rushed to Karl and grabbed him under the arms and began to drag him.

Karl: "Reir! this is serious! just go!"

The last tree falls and A giant red-scaled creature as big as a house emerges from the trees. Giant claws flank the front of both sides as they scrape and claw away trees and the ground its self. Rows of giant red scales the side of doors line the creatures entire body and head, similar to a hedgehog as the weave and cover every part of its enormous body. A long crooked jaw lines the beast's lower jaw filled with rows of sharp teeth the size of daggers and a worm-like tail that is as long as the creature's body snakes and smashes apart a tree. This creature is the Red Tyrant, the true ruler of this area with little mercy for its 'prey'. The only saving grace for the two young wolfkin is that creature had not charged yet as the creature's eyes are glazed over by a white film signifying the creature's blindness.

*sniff* *sniff*

The creature sniffs the air as if attempting to locate something by smell.

*crack rumble*

A large boulder begins to roll down the cliff and eventually hits the beast's head.

Pinie: "Hey Ugly! Get away from my sister!"

Pinie shouts from atop the cliff with another wolfkin beside her panting from the exertion of pushing that giant rock off the cliff. The creature not understanding her words turns to face its new 'prey' and begins clawing and striking the cliff. Pinie braces against a tree so as to not slip down while 3 other wolfkin slide down the cliffside with their feet scraping the ground. 2 of them quickly grab Karl and begin to carry him back up the cliff while the other grabs Reir.

*ROARRA!*

The creature's voice shakes the air as its tail whips and slaps Pinie's side sending her to the ground. A cracking rock notify the beast of more 'prey' as it moves to attack the wolfkin children climbing the cliffside. The Red Tyrant snaps at the wolfkin carrying Reir just barely scraping his foot as he hisses in pain. The wolfkin finishes carrying Reir up the cliff before the Red Tyrant's tail lashes out sending the child flying. Reir and the other wolfkin who are still able to move in the end carry Karl, Pinie, and the injured wolfkin far enough away from the cliffside that the Red Tyrant would not be able to reach the group anymore.

The group eventually returned home when a few tribe hunters came when one of the wolfkin children returned to the tribe to inform them what had occurred. 

 

((Used Detale from Ragnarok Online as the reference of Red Tyrant. See image below. Image not owned by me.))

Guess this will be a three-parter or however many it takes...

 

Detale

10