Lesson One Chapter Five – The House Of Lamentation
224 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After following after a grumbling Mammon I notice that we arrived at a house that scream haunted. I didn’t know how I should feel about sleeping in a place that probably has a ghost or two. ‘The moment I hear or see something weird I will run out the house and ask to live somewhere else during my stay.’

 

 “. . . Ugh, I don’t believe this. Of all the rotten luck. . . Why should I have to look after some human? It’s insulting, that’s what it is! The rotten bastard. . . Does he really think he can scare me into doin’ whatever he wants? Just so we’re clear. . . it’s not like I can’t say no to Lucifer, okay?! I only agreed to babysit you because, um. . . Well you know, because. . .uh. . .” I didn’t know what I should say to Mammon who was trying to convince me he wasn’t scared of Lucifer. I could only sigh at this, just letting him continue.

 

 “Anyway, it doesn’t matter! Just don’t go thinking that I’m scared of Lucifer or anything! Because I’m not!” Mammon was glaring at me trying to scare me but I could only see a harmless person in front of me who is totally scared of his older brother.

 

  “Honestly, I really don’t care so stop worrying about it already.” I just give him a tired look feeling bored of him trying to seem more brave then he actually was. ‘I can freely admit I am scared of your older brother so you should be able to freely admit that you are afraid of your brother.’ 

 

  “WHAT?! Oh, now you’re REALLY in for it. . .!” Mammon looked like he was going to grab at me and I was getting ready to move out of the way when he stopped and looked at me with interest. “. . . Although, come to think of it, I’m surprised you’ve got the guts to talk to me like that. You’re not scared?”

 

  ‘I am so scared right now that I could pass out on the ground and hope that I will be out for the whole year.’ Even as I was thinking that I didn’t say anything just keeping my face blank as I looked at Mammon who was still looking at me which caused my ears to start to feel a bit hotter.

 

 “I mean, I’m a demon. You do get that, right?. . . Hmph. You’re one strange human, I’ll give ya that.” Mammon looked at me nodding his head like he was satisfied with what he saw. “. . .Ugh, whatever. Let’s move on.” 

 

  Mammon stopped looking at me and went to the gate that was closing off the haunted house. As he got closer to the gate it opened by itself which left me feeling impressed by it. I follow after Mammon again wondering what the inside of the house would look like. ‘What if the inside matched the outside?’

 

  When we reached the front door of the house Mammon opened the door and I closed my eyes as bright light appeared in front of me suddenly. I blinked my eyes open and when I saw the inside I was a bit confused that inside the house was actually pretty normal and really clean. I was expecting dust and spiderwebs but it was pretty normal.

 

 I mean most houses don't have gargoyles but it seems really on point for demons to have. Also there were a bunch of pictures and paintings on the walls but that seems pretty normal. It was bigger than I was used to since my home was pretty average but good enough for five people to live in it.

 

  “This is the House of Lamentation. It’s one of the dorms here at RAD. Well, it’s not JUST one of the dorms. It’s the dorm reserved for student council members. Lucifer, Asmo, and the others take every chance they can get to insult me. Callin’ me scum, sayin’ that I’m a money-grubber and stuff. . . but I’m an officer on the student council, same as them. The elite of the elite, the top of the RAD social pyramid. In other words, I’m a big shot. A REAL big shot. Like, even regular big shots are impressed by what a big shot I am. So don’t you go thinking that I’m just some ordinary demon. I’m nothing like those other peons walking the halls here.”  I could only roll my eyes at how much Mammon was bragging about himself doubting how much of a big shot he said he was. If he was a big shot he wouldn’t be saying it out loud so much. 

 

  “By the way, Diavolo is even MORE of a big shot. He’s so important that he got his own castle. That’s why he doesn’t live here with us. . . Anyway, the long and short of it is that us seven brothers all live here together. Now, it’s time to show you to your room. . .” As Mammon was talking I noticed a bulletin board nearby. What really caught my eye was a flyer that was talking about opening for a part-time position.

 

  ‘I am going to need money during my stay here to get stuff to pass the time. Also I don’t only want to wear my school uniform during my stay here.’ I wanted to look more closely at the flyer to get more information but I know it would be pretty rude if I just left Mammon as he was talking.

 

 I must have been zoning out too long when I heard Mammon calling my name and I brought my attention back to here to see him further ahead of me. He had an annoyed expression on his face as he was waiting for me to catch up.

 

 “Don’t just stand there with your jaw open. Hurry up, or I’m gonna leave ya behind. If there’s something you wanna ask me, you’d best do it now.”  I walk to catch up with Mammon not caring about the annoyed look on his face more interested in the part time job.

 

  “I want to know about that job listing.” I looked at Mammon hoping he would tell me more but he just frowned at me like I was an idiot which caused my eyebrow to twitch in irritation.

 

 “Huh? If you’re curious about that, you can read the flyer on the bulletin board, can’t ya? Go take a look at it later, if you want. Wait, didn’t ya get your own D.D.D.? It got that app called “:D JOBS” in there, right? Why doncha give that a try if ya wanna find a job?”  I took out my D.D.D. ignoring the fact Mammon was questioning whether or not I could read and found the app he mentioned to me. When I saw it I made sure to remind myself to check it out when I was alone. 

 

 “Now, I’m gonna give you a piece of advice, so listen up. If you wanna survive even a day here in the Devildom, you’d better listen REAL close to what I’m about to say. If it ever looks like a demon is about to attack you. . .” I looked at Mammon seriously waiting to hear what his advice was for my survival. “Run away. Either that, or die.”  I felt like I wanted to punch Mammon in the stomach for his shitty advice.

 

  I was going to give him shit for his advice when I felt a menacing aura coming from behind Mammon. “How about this? I vote for YOU to die, Mammon.”  Mammon flinched and quickly turned around to see who was behind him.

 

  “D’ah. . .! Levi. . .” I could see a male who was about my height with purple side-swept hair that was to his left side and orange eyes. I noticed that his skin was way paler than Lucifer making me wonder if he was okay. I look towards his hands to see that it was painted blue which made me wonder if he was one of the brothers I didn’t meet yet.

 

  I don’t know if that was true due to how hard he was glaring at Mammon at the moment with that menacing aura surrounding him that seemed to be getting worse the longer he saw at Mammon. I slowly moved away from Mammon not wanting to get involved with his drama.

 

  ‘Me and Mammon aren't that close so I am not going to help him out of something that is clearly his fault.’ I just avoided looking at Mammon who was trying to make eye contact with me pretending that I couldn’t see him.

Okay then here this chapter! I hope that this is enjoyed by people and stuff. I am having a brain fart as I write this due to how tired I am. I will probably have a new chapter up Thursday so watch out for that! Well that it for now. Bye bye (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

10