Lesson One Chapter Eight – The Tale Of Seven Lords (2)
172 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After a while Levi stopped talking passionately about what he liked about the human world and he started to frown. “. . .All right, enough. This is starting to depress me.  Anyway, I didn’t bring you here to tell you about TSL.” Levi went to sit back on the bean bag chair as he looked at me seriously which caused me to sit up stiffenly.

 

  “I don’t think there’s any harm in just coming out and saying what you already know is true: Mammon is a complete and utter scumbag. It’s very important that you understand this. So I’ll say it one more time.  Mammon is a hopeless, worthless, scumbag.” Levi was glaring hard at me but I knew he wasn’t mad at me but at Mammon. I couldn’t help but feel kind of bad for Mammon who was seen so poorly in the eyes of his siblings.

 

“I lent that scumbag money, and now I want him to pay me back. But being the scumbag that he is, he won’t do it. I wish I could force him to, but despite what a rotten waste of space he is, Mammon’s still the second oldest. As the third oldest, no matter how hard I try, I don’t stand a chance against him.” I wonder if that is the same for all the other siblings? If they are younger than the rest does that mean they are the weakest? ‘I am thinking too much about the system of who is stronger. I should just focus on more important stuff. But knowing who is stronger than the rest would be helpful in staying alive. . .’

 

 “Not to be pushy but may I ask how you and Mammon became enemies?” I feel like I should know how their relationship got so bad maybe it could help me out in the long run. Or it could cause more problems for me. I am just going out on a limb here.

 

  “So you want to know how Mammon and I first became enemies? Well, it’s a long story, but sure, I’ll tell you, human. Once, a long time ago, Mammon won a prize in a convenience store promotional campaign. If you bought something, they let you reach into a box and pull out a piece of paper that told you what you’d won. And the prize Mammon won was a Seraphina figurine, something I would’ve died to have. But, despite the fact that Mammon had no interest in it at all, he refused to give it to me.” I raised my eyebrow in confusion at that since with what I currently know about Mammon I am pretty sure he wouldn’t care much about a figurine. 

 

 “Why you ask? Because I wanted it. . . that’s it. That was the only reason. I wanted it, and he said no just to torment me. I mean, how awful is that?! So, I got to thinking. . . Mammon’s going to end up treating Seraphina like some random piece of junk. That much is a given. I can maybe handle it if he at least leaves her in her original packaging, but what if he actually takes her out of the box?! He might just do it! And if he does, he’ll get dust on her, won’t he?! I decided I had to save Seraphina, so I snuck into Mammon’s room in the middle of the night. And what do you think I saw there?!” Levi's expression was getting darker and I was wondering what he could have done to pissed off Levi this bad. ‘I never had gotten an anime figurine due to the fact they are really expensive. I am more of a stuffed animal and plushie person if I am being honest.’ 

 

  “You’re not gonna believe it. He didn’t even open the box. . . No, it’s way worse than that. He hadn’t even taken it out of the plastic convenience store bag, which he’d tossed on the floor of his room. THE FLOOR! He actually left SERAPHINA on the FLOOR! The Queen of the High Elves Herself! Sure, she seems cold and prideful at first, but once you get her alone, you find out that she really wants affection, she just doesn’t know how to admit it, and it’s sooo cute! Yet Mammon just threw her on the floor! And I don’t think he’d cleaned it in three months. It was covered in junk. Old empty cup ramen containers, tissues with dried snot and. . . and boogers in them. Stuff was strewn everywhere. And there she was, lying there amongst all of that! On the FLOOR! Tossed aside like so much junk! How COULD he?!”  I could understand Levi anger at the moment. Even if I didn’t have anime figurines I know that they are something that have to be carefully taken care of! Not just on a dirty ground left to collect dust!

 “It was so awful that I just lost it, and flew into a rage. I walked straight over to Mammon, who was lying on his bed asleep. Then I raised my leg into the air over him and brought my heel down onto his stomach as hard as I could. But the next thing I knew, he wasn’t there on the bed anymore. It all happened so fast. He moved with incredible speed. He grabbed me, picked me up, and slammed me head first onto the floor in a pile driver. And the worst part is that he was STARK NAKED!” I let out a small gasp at that and picture Levi on the ground looking at his naked brother. I would be traumatized and unable to forget the fact I saw my brother naked. ‘Why does he sleep naked? That can’t really be comfortable for him right? What if something happens while he is sleeping?’

 

 “As I started to lose consciousness, I remember thinking. . . why does he have to sleep in the nude? He could at least put on some underwear. I don’t remember anything else after that. . . You’ve seen just how fast he is yourself, haven’t you? No one aside from Lucifer or Beel has that kind of speed. But if, say, a human made a pact with Mammon, and bound him to their service. . . then he’d have to do whatever that human told him to.  Which means that if you made a pact with Mammon and then ordered him to give me back my money. . . he wouldn’t have any choice but to do it.” Levi was smiling at me expectedly but I could only furrow my eyebrows at what he just said to me.

 

  “What’s a pact?” I had no idea what a pact is and why Mammon would listen to me if I made a pact with him. Is it like that thing in anime where you summon a demon and make a contract with them and if they don’t listen to the contract they will get punished? ‘That seems like too much pressure for me to be honest. What if I have to give up my soul!

 

 “A pact, with a demon. . . Haven’t you seen that in movies and such? The demon lends his strength to a human to make their wish come true in exchange for their soul.” So I was kind of right about the pact being like a contract but I closed my hands into fists once I thought  about the fact I could lose my soul if I made a pact with Mammon.

 

  “No disrespect but I would rather not give up my soul to make a pact with Mammon.” Giving up my soul basically me once I die I would be force in a endless cycle of torture and torment that will never end since I am already dead.

 

  “That isn’t always necessary. It depends on what’s in the pact. But, well, you need to give SOMETHING to the demon to make it worth the exchange, so it’s pretty much inevitable. If you don’t want to give up your soul, then I’ll tell you how you can negotiate with Mammon. Also, I’m sure it would be useful having him as your servant. I mean, despite how awful he is, he’s still a powerful demon. But I bet you feel worried, being dragged down here to the Devildom and all. So, I don’t think it would end up being a bad deal for you, either. Don’t you agree?” I could feel my eyes growing warm at how kind Levi was. Sure he was using me to get something he wanted but still he understood how worried I felt about being dragged here to do a student exchange program for a whole year surrounded by demons who could probably kill me instantly.

“How would I go about doing that? I am pretty sure Mammon wouldn’t agree so easily with making a pact with me.” I mean Mammon wasn’t that on board with taking care of me in the first place and he ditch me the first chance he got. 

 

  “I take it this means you think this plan of mine could work, right? Excellent. You may be a human, but still. . . you show some promise! Regardless, if I’m being honest, I don’t really care what you think. What’s important is that I have a plan,and I’m going to explain it to you now. So, shut up and listen.”  My eyes stopped feeling warm rather quickly and my eyes got cold. I really have to stop trusting in these brothers quickly. They are demons and they don’t even call me by my name, at all. ‘Yuki is an easy name to remember. So can you quit calling me human and call me YUKI! God damn it. . .’ 

 

  “If you just walk up to Mammon and ask him to make a pact with you, he’ll never agree. No, you need some leverage. . . a bargaining chip. You’re going to offer him something in return. . . Something he wants so badly that he’d do ANYTHING to get it.”  Levi had a big smile on his face that was making me grow concern with what I had to do. ‘I hope he tells me what the thing is soon. My legs just fell asleep and I have to use the bathroom kind of badly right now. . .’

Hello to anyone who is reading this chapter! I finally got it done. I was going to post something on Thursday but then I got distracted by so many stuff. I was tempted and I gave in so easily. . . Well let hope I will get back onto my groove! Anyway I hope this chapter was enjoyed and everyone is doing well during this time. This is it for now bye bye (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

9