Lesson Two Chapter Nine- The Human Everybody’s Talking About (1)
170 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was walking from a class I just completed when I heard two students near me gossiping. “Hey, check it out. That’s the human that everyone’s been talking about. You think it’s true what they say, that Mammon became a babysitter?” I tense up when I realize that they were talking about me. I tried not to look at them as I tried to keep an indifferent expression on my face.

 

  “Well, if so, then I’d say that actually works out great, doncha think? If we wait and strike when he’s not paying attention, he’ll never figure out it was us. C’mon, we should devour the human before Beel does.” I could hear them walking towards me and my heart almost stopped beating once I realized what was going to happen to me soon.

 

  I was going through different ways to get out of the situation I was currently in but I didn’t know what to do. As my life was flashing before my eyes I just realized I should be running away right now not standing here like a dumbass. I had a feeling this wouldn’t be happening if Mammon was here. ‘Where the hell is Mammon?! I actually do need you! Who the hell is my babysitter? Not him! What an asshole!’

 

 As I was about to run I heard a voice call out to me which caused me to freeze as I looked around to see who was calling me. I noticed on my side I was being waved at by a really attractive male who seemed to be the type of people I would be attracted to. 

 

  He had layered, whitish silver hair that was curling towards the left.  He had blue and yellow gradient eyes that stood out in his fair complexion. I noticed he was wearing the same uniform as me but felt nervous wondering if he was just like the demons who were talking about me before.

 

 I looked around to see if anyone else was near me but I couldn’t see anyone so I then raised a finger up toward me with a confused look in my eyes which he just chuckled at. The male came closer to me which caused me to stiffen up quickly as I wonder what he wanted with me.

 

 “That’s right, I’m talking to you, the human with that frightened, tormented look on your face that demons love so much. You’re practically screaming, “Come and eat me! I’m scrumptious!” Your name’s Yuki, isn’t it? This D.D.D. here belongs to you, right? I saw you drop it just now.  Here, take it.”  The strange male handed me my D.D.D. I must have dropped when I was panicking about what I should do. I mumbled a quiet “Thank you” to him as I took my D.D.D. and put it in my uniform pocket. Seeing as he was still standing with a smile on his face I felt nervous and suspicious of what else he wanted from me.

 

  “Haha. What’s with that look? There’s no need to be suspicious of me. My name’s Solomon. I’m an exchange student from the human world, just like you. Nice to meet you, Yuki.” Solomon gave me a little bow as he introduced himself to me but I still didn’t relax near him at all, not trusting him when he said he was human.

 

 “Are you really human? I can’t just take your word for it, can I?” He could just be pretending to be human so I can lower my guard and then attack me. I know that I am not the only human exchange student but I can’t just trust someone who claims they are human. ‘Ahh. . . My first day in this school is filled with so much stress. . .’

 

  “Haha, good question. Honestly, there are times when even I’m not so sure. Long ago, I obtained a ring of wisdom-a gift from a certain someone in a VERY high position. And, drunk on its power, I used it to form pacts with 72 different demons, becoming a wicked sorcerer. . . That is, if you believe all the stories people tell about me.” I was confused as I listened to what he just said and kind of relaxed towards him as he boredly told me about his background. Now instead of being nervous, I was curious about all the things he just told me.

 

  “Regardless, I’m fairly sure that I am indeed still human, though it may not seem like it.” A bell just rang and many other students started to go towards their next classes. “. . .Uh-oh. I’d better get going. See you around, Yuki. Take care of yourself.” Solomon waves at me as he goes towards his class and I wave back a little bit unsure.

 

  After he was gone from my sight I took a deep breath and walked toward my classroom, alone again. As soon as I got in my class I was stared at by other demons who didn’t hide that they were staring at me. I tried to ignore it and sit down in the seat assigned to me. ‘This isn’t your first class, Yuki. You were stared at before, just deal with it like nothing's wrong. Like the students surrounding you aren’t demons who may or may not want to eat you.’ 

 

  As soon as class was over I quickly got out of my seat and left the class. I was walking not caring where I was going when I heard my name being called by someone familiar. I looked behind me curious and felt somewhat okay knowing it was Lucifer. He stopped in front of me with a polite smile on his face.

 

  “Good morning, Yuki. You’ve become quite the celebrity here, haven’t you?” I put my hands in front of me as I held them tightly as I looked at Lucifer trying not to react to him calling me a “celebrity”. It was more like I was some new prey surrounded by a group of predators who wanted to eat me alive. 

 “Good morning, Lucifer. I don’t think I have become a celebrity. I think they are curious about me and that will fade away pretty soon.” I gave him a stiff smile as I looked at him in a way that didn’t seem like I was pissed at him in any way.

 

 “Were you about to get a good night’s sleep? I have to say, you look a bit tired right now. Especially with those bags under your eyes.” Lucifer lifted a finger to his eye and pointed under it, still having a polite smile on his face but I just lowered my head hoping my long hair would cover my eyes.

 

 I couldn’t put my hair into a ponytail like I usually do since I have no hair ties. I also was having a hard time not falling asleep right away. I mean when I got to my room I was happy to see I had some of my stuffed animals and plushies there but it wasn’t enough for me to be able to sleep peacefully in a new place filled with demons who may want to kill me. I am surprised he was able to see the bags under my eyes since I was hoping my dark skin would be able to hide how tired I am. But I guess people would notice if they were paying attention close enough.

 

 “Be sure not to let your guard down. I don’t want you to end up getting eaten by some random, lesser demon. It would only mean plenty of paperwork for me, and I don’t need that.” Lucifer gave me a firm look and I could only nod not feeling like replying to him.

 

  “Was that Solomon I saw you talking with earlier? You and he are the only two students from the human world here. Seeing as you’re both human, it’s fine if you associate with him, but know that he can’t be trusted. He may be a mere human, but he has a ring imbued with wisdom, and he wields powerful magic. He’s the type of man who will try to subjugate even a powerful, greater demon if he gets the chance.” As Lucifer was talking I was reminded of what Levi said to me yesterday in his room. He has something that Mammon would kill him for if he could get it back.

 

‘The thing that could make me get a pact with Mammon and have him protect me from dying during my time in this school.’ I tried not to stare at Lucifer too long as I remember what Levi wanted from me. 

I got this chapter done on time. I hope this chapter was enjoyed and all that other shit. Well I have to get started on the next one so I don't have to worry about it later. I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time. Bye bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

8