Lesson Two Chapter Ten- The Human Everybody’s Talking About (2)
137 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday In Leviathan Room. . .

 

 “Lucifer has something that Mammon wants, something he’d kill to get. I’m referring to Mammon’s credit card, which Lucifer took away from him.” I gave Levi a doubtful look as he told me that Mammon would kill Lucifer if it meant he would get back his credit card. 

 

“. . . Hey, I see that look on your face, and I know what you’re thinking. ‘A credit card? Pff, why would he care so much about something like that?’ Well, you’ve got no idea how much he depends on that thing.” Levi relaxed his body onto his beanbag chair, with a hand under his chin, trying to remember something.

 

 “Let’s see, what did he used to call it again? ‘My one true love’? It was something like that. It was like he thought it was a woman. He probably named it. I bet he even slept with it. Gross. That idiot used it constantly. Never stopped. Eventually, Lucifer had enough of his behavior, so he confiscated it. There’s nothing Mammon wouldn’t do if it meant getting his credit card back, I’m sure of it.” Levi was looking at me with a serious look in his eyes and I just nodded my head in agreement with him. I mean it wasn’t like I had a choice in the matter. . . 

 

 “So, listen up. I want you to talk to Lucifer and find out where he’s hidden it. Of course, he can’t suspect anything. You’ve got to be subtle, like it happened to come up naturally. Make sure you do a good job, or else!” After he said that Levi got up from the beanbag chair, grab me by the back of my shirt then threw me out of his room.

 

 I was left sitting on the ground feeling confused at what just happened but before I could say anything to Levi, he quickly closed and locked his door. Now I was left alone in the hallway of a place I never been in before.

 

 “Could have at least told me where my room was. . .” I mumbled to myself as I got off the ground and tried to figure out where my room was located. 

 

Back to the current time. . .

 

 I did manage to find my room in the end, but it was late and I just had to get out of my school uniforms to fall asleep, feeling too tired to do anything else.

 

 I was staring at Lucifer rather seriously and he noticed me doing it, raising an eyebrow in confusion at me just silently staring at him. “What is it, Yuki? Is there something you want to ask me?” 

 

 “I’d like to know more about Mammon. Since, you know, he is my caretaker during my time in the school.” I had to play it safe and I think learning more about Mammon was helpful, since it could probably lead me to figuring out where his credit card is hidden.

 

  “Mammon? Why do you want to know about him all of a sudden? Still, I guess it’s only natural, considering he’s the one assigned to look after you. Mammon is my brother. I don’t want to say anything unkind about him. So, I’ll try to be sparing in my criticism.” Lucifer cleared his throat and took a deep breath before he continued to say what he wanted to say about Mammon.

 

 “He’s pure scum. The scummiest sort of scum. Pure, unfiltered, disgusting scum to the point that I’m embarrassed to call him a fellow demon, much less my brother. . . So, any particular reason you asked, or were you just curious?” I was shocked at how Lucifer insulted Mammon that quickly in that small moment that I didn’t know how to respond to him right away.

 

 “U-Um. . . What one thing is most important to Mammon? Just curious about that, nothing bad at all.” I wanted to hit myself for dragging out what I was saying, feeling like I was being too obvious that I was asking him for a specific something.

 

 “That would have to be money. If you took all of his money away from him, what else would be left in his life? Nothing. Money can take a lot of different forms, of course. But regardless of the form, as long as Mammon has money, he’ll spend it. There are no limits with him. So, in order to impose limits of my own, there’s a certain form of money that I’ve frozen in his case. . .” After Lucifer said that the bell signaling for the next class rang and I saw many students going to their next class.

 

  “That’s the first bell. Class is about to start. Time to get going. You’d better hurry too. You don’t want to be late to your class on your first day here.” Lucifer gave me a polite smile before walking away from me. I was left by myself again, surrounded by many other demon students going to their next class.

 

 Not wanting to be left by myself with no one to walk over to me, I quickly went to my next class trying not to be late to my class. ‘If I am late then it will drag too much attention to myself which means more demons will be aware of me. . .’  Thinking about that I increased my speed even more so I could arrive at my class and get through the day quickly.

I hope this chapter was enjoyed and that everyone is safe and healthy during this time. I may update Sunday and if that doesn't happen then I will update next Thursday. Bye bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

7