Lesson Two Chapter Seventeen – Lucifer’s Favorite – Intermission (1)
106 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Read ‘em and weep. It’s a straight flush.” Solomon put down his card in front of him, smirking as Asmodeus let out an annoyed sound. Satan was standing off to the sit reading his book, looking up slightly interested.

 

 “Ugh, I don’t BELIEVE it! All I needed was the ace of spades!” Asmodeus threw his cards in front of him with a frustrated pout on his face. Crossing his arms with a huff as Solomon just smirked at how he was reacting.

 

 “So, Solomon wins again, huh? How many times in a row is that?” Satan closes his book, his finger holding the place he was currently reading, looking over at the smirking Solomon and the pouting Asmodeus.

 

 “This makes 183 wins for me now.” Solomon gave a smug smirk at how angry Asmodeus was currently looking, as he mentioned how many times he beat him in the card game.

 

 “Are you using some sort of magic? Like a spell that alters the appearance of the cards in your hand?” Asmodeus slams his hands on the table as he stares hard at Solomon, who put a hand on his chest with an offended look.

 

 “Now, now, I’m not like you demons. I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t accuse me of behaving like one. I am but a simple human, an innocent lamb.” Solomon's words cause both Satan and Asmodeus to look at him like he grew a second head.

 

 “I’m surprised you can say that with a straight face, considering you’re the most powerful sorcerer in the history of mankind.” Satan shook his head at Solomon who just smiled at him as if Satan just praised him for his accomplishment.

 

 “Wow, is that really what you think, Satan? I have to say, I’m honored. Still, if Mammon was here, he might have broken up my record-breaking winning streak.” Satan and Asmodeus let out noises of agreement at what Solomon just said.

 

 “True. As soon as money is involved, it’s as if a switch flips inside of him. He’ll make sure it ends up his, almost like some sort of superpower.” Satan had a hand under his chin as he said this seriously about Mammon.

 

 “Mm, you’re right. Strange, considering he’s usually such a dolt.” Asmodeus had a hand on his cheek as he said that with a surprised tone. Solomon shook his head at the two brothers insulting Mammon.

 

 “All of you are always putting down Mammon, aren’t you? Shouldn't you be a bit more respectful? After all, he is your older brother.” Satan and Asmodeus stare at Solomon for a while before completely ignoring what he just said.

 

 “Oh, speaking of Mammon, that reminds me: I heard something interesting from Lucifer.” Satan changed the topic, causing Solomon to give him an irritated glare that Satan didn’t pay much attention to.

 

 “So, you’re going to pretend you didn’t hear what I said?” Solomon voiced his disapproval but that didn’t stop Satan from continuing to say what he was going to say.

 

 “He said that Yuki is trying to make a pact with Mammon, apparently.” At what Satan just said Asmodeus looked at him with shocked eyes, his hand going up in surprise at the information.

“What? Yuki? Make a pact with Mammon?”

 

 “Huh. Interesting…” Solomon frowned on his face from being ignored disappear and was replaced with a strange smile on his face.

 

 “Are you for real?! That’s hilarious! What else do you know? Time to dish up some details, Satan.” Asmodeus leaned in closer to Satan, wanting to hear what else he got on the current situation between Yuki, Mammon, and the pact.

 

 “According to Lucifer, Yuki has teamed up with Levi. They’re planning on making a deal with Mammon to get what they want. It seems they’re looking for that credit card of his--the one Lucifer confiscated.” Solomon's expression was pleased as he listens to what Levi and Yuki have a plan to form a pact with Mammon from Satan.

 

 “I see. So they plan to pressure him to enter into a pact in exchange for the credit card, then.” Solomon nods his head in understanding what Yuki and Levi were going to do with Mammon's credit card.

 

 “Wait, back up a second. Before we even get to that, there’s a lot to unpack here! What’s all this about Levi teaming up with Yuki? I mean, we’re talking about Levi, the super otaku who never comes out of his room! Is he really capable of working together with a real live person?! Also, how exactly does Lucifer know all this?” Asmodeus felt more and more confused as a lot of things weren’t explained in the conversation.

 
“Apparently Yuki spoke to Lucifer directly, trying to figure out where the credit card is.” At what Satan just said Asmodeus exclaimed in shock, not believing that Yuki asked Lucifer where the card was directly. Solomon laughed out loud at that, causing Asmodeus to look at him with confused eyes.

 

 “What’s so funny about that?” Solomon slowly stopped laughing, his shoulder slightly shaking as he went to respond to the confused Asmodeus.

 

 “Well, it’s quite the turn of events, now isn’t it? I can’t help but think that Yuki really shows a lot of promise.” Solomon couldn’t help but chuckle to himself as he thought about Yuki just asking Lucifer where Mammon's card was located.

 

 “Well, Lucifer must’ve felt the same way, because he said that he gave Yuki a hint about the card’s whereabouts.” Asmodeus let out a surprised noise at the information Satan just gave him and Solomon, not fully believing it.

 

“Wait, he actually did that? Wow, he must really have taken a liking to Yuki. Do you think Mammon will agree to a pact if it means he gets his credit card back?” Asmodeus was twirling his hair as he wondered this out loud, even though he deep down knew Mammon would without a doubt do it.

 

 “Knowing him, probably, yes,” Solomon said that without hesitation in his eyes or his voice. 

 

 “Yep. Though he’ll likely throw quite the tantrum over it first.” Satan said that with a smile, imagining how Mammon would act once he is forced to agree to a pact just to get back his credit card.

 

 “Why is it that all of you act like entering into a pact is this huge thing? I mean, making a pact with a human isn’t actually such a big deal. Take Solomon and me, for example. We’re in a pact together already, right?.... Oh yeah, and he’s got one with Barbatos, too” Asmodeus was messing around with his fingers as he thought about the people Solomon has a pact with.

 

 “Yes. I’ve been very fortunate.” Solomon nods his head with a smile as Asmodeus mentions it wasn’t that bad being in a pact with a human.

 

 “I’d say you and Barbatos are part of a small minority in that regard. Generally, demons are very proud folk, after all.” Satan shook his head lightly at how Asmodeus saw making a pact with a human as something that wasn’t a huge deal.

 

 “Regardless, I can’t afford to be complacent, can’t I? Otherwise, Yuki might beat me to the punch and forge a pact with Lucifer before I can.” Even though Solomon said that he didn’t show any expression of concern.

 

 “You say that, but you don’t seem the least bit concerned to me.” Satan gave Solomon a disbelieving look, even as Solomon continued to smile back at him.

 

 “I wouldn’t read too much into that. It’s just the way Solomon is.” Asmodeus waves off what Satan just said, used to Solomon's strangeness.

 

 “I’m not in any particular rush, no. But I am very interested to see where this is going. I’m shocked enough that Lucifer is showing interest in someone beside Diavolo, much less a human.” Solomon had an interesting expression on his face, as he thought about Lucifer's interest in Yuki.

 

 “Guess he’s added a new favorite person to his list to go along with Mammon.” Asmodeus and Solomon nod their head in agreement with what Satan said.

 

 “Ah, speaking of how much Lucifer loves Mammon, I seem to remember something sort of like this happening once before.” Asmodeus put a hand under his chin as he thought about the other situation where this happened before.  

Just one more chapter for this lesson and then it on to the next lesson. It will be up by Thursday so the next lesson is probably going to be next Sunday. Well, I hope this chapter was enjoyable! I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

7