Lesson Three Chapter Nineteen – A Stupid Demon Is A Useful Thing To Have (1)
111 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I was rolling back and forth in my bed, holding my stuffed sheep in my arms hoping it would help me sleep. Letting out a sigh, I lay flat on my back as I look at the ceiling of my bedroom. ‘I can’t sleep…’

 

 I couldn’t get over the stairs that held the person who was calling me for help. It didn’t help at all that Lucifer was making sure I couldn’t go up there either. Getting up from my bed, I sneak out of my room again and head to where the stair was.

 

 I was feeling rather confident when I saw no one and I was going to go up the stairs but stop once I heard someone clearing their voice. “What’s going on, Yuki? Out for a stroll?” I slowly turn around and look at the smiling Lucifer, realizing that he caught me in the act again.

 

 “I keep running into you here, don’t I? It seems you are really curious about what’s at the top of the staircase. Unless I’m mistaken, I believed I told you that it’s not a place humans have any business going. If you can’t sleep, perhaps I should make you some tea? Something that will help you have a good night’s sleep. You should probably know that it’s a bit too effective on humans, to the point that you may find that you never wake up again. You get what I’m saying here, right? Go back to your room. Good night, Yuki.” With a chilling smile from Lucifer, I could only nod my head and go back to my room again.

 

 ‘It seems that I won’t be able to reach the top of those stairs unless something is done about Lucifer. Seeing as I am a human, it can’t be murder so it has to be something else…’ I continue to think about how to distract Lucifer as I went back to my room to sleep.

 

 In the morning I was just drinking coffee, seeing as I finished my breakfast. Mammon was by my side with a frown on his face. “Why I gotta be stuck here with you first thing in the morning having to look at your face while I’m tryin’ to eat my breakfast. To us, demons, eating a human like you is a special sorta treatment understand? Yet I’m not allowed to do that. I’ve gotta sit here and eat my breakfast instead. I mean, it’s like havin’ a premium-grade roast Iriomote musk hog right in front of me. Medium rare, cooked to perfection. But I can’t have it. Instead, I’m sitting here eatin’ dried blackbelly newt legs. I mean, I’m not sayin’ black belly newt legs are bad. I actually like ‘em, but still.” Mammon was pushing around his breakfast while looking at me with an annoyed expression on his face.

 

 “And what’s even worse is that thick, juicy hunk of meat has started giving me orders now like it’s the boss of me or somethin’. It’s REALLY not fun. I mean, what sick kind of torture is this, anyway?!” Mammon stabbed his fork into his blackbelly newt, taking his anger out on it and I could only look away from him, wondering where his other brothers were.

 

 “Where’s the rest of your brothers?” I asked Mammon this, cutting him off from his ranting. Mammon glared at me like he was annoyed at me for interrupting his ranting. 

 

 “Why should I care where the goody-two-shoes Satan is? Also, Asmodeus was probably up late, seeing his playboy habits. And speakin’ of Beel, that reminds me. He went and ate the custard I left in the refrigerator-- the one I was saving for later! I told him NOT to eat anything that had my name on it! Ugh, I’m gonna kill him!” Mammon was getting even more irritated as he spoke about his brother and I was worried he was going to break his fork in half.

 “Hey, pay attention when I’m talkin’ to ya, dunce! Or do those ears of yours not work?! Anyway, I’m pretty sure the others have already scurried off to class and left me to look after ya on my own, the punks. Dammit. They’re rotten, every last one of ‘em. This all comes back to Lucifer! Getting stuck having to look after a human, ending up in a pact, everything bad is his fault! The way Levi’s haircut is so lame, and Satan’s horns are so stupid-lookin’, and Lucifer feet are so putrid, all of it is Lucifer’s fault! … Not that I’ve actually smelled his feet, but still!” As Mammon was letting out all of his frustration I realize I could use this moment to have him tell me what the stairs lead to.

 

 “What’s at the top of the stairs?” I cut Mammon off mid his rant and Mammon slapped his hand on the table with a glare on his face. To be honest it didn’t really scare me since it just seemed like something a child would do when they want attention.

 

 “HEY, I TOLD you to LISTEN to me when I’m TALKIN’ to you! I was tryin’ to tell you Lucifer’s fe--... Wait, what stairs? Are you talking about the stairs that lead up into the attic? Oh man, there you go again, stickin’ your nose where it doesn’t belong…” Mammon was giving me a look like I was a child who didn’t know better and for some reason, it felt rather insulting when it was coming from him.

 

 ‘I hope he knows I can make him get on all fours and bark like a dog. He shouldn’t be pushing my bottom line. I just need to know what is in the attic so I can finally stop thinking about it and get some sleep! It is annoying to hear a voice calling out for help. Every. Single. Night.’ I was gripping my coffee mug tightly, feeling irritated from the lack of sleep I've been having for the past few days since I got here. I am reaching a breaking point.

Now we are on Lesson three that is focused on the best boy (in my opinion) Levi! The story update may be weird since tomorrow I am starting my summer part-time job so I may have days weeks where I don't update. But I do hope this was enjoyable for you! Well, I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

7