Lesson Three Chapter Twenty-One – The Movie Marathon (1)
97 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“D’AAAH! Quit pullin’ on me! Gr… dammit, lemme go! Let… me… go… this… instaAAAH…!” Mammon was still struggling as I continued to pull him along. I finally stopped pulling him when we arrived at Levi's door. As soon as I let go of Mammon he went flying into a wall and let out a pained scream. Mammon got up from the floor, rubbing at his injured forehead.

 

 “...Ow…! Hey, what the hell?! Ya coulda at least given me a little warning before lettin’ go! I hit my head just now, ya know?! I can’t believe you decided to go straight to Levi and ask him for the soundtrack… You really don’t have any patience, do ya?! First of all, there’s no way Levi’s just gonna agree to lend you his Tale of whatever-it-was vinyl soundtrack. Actually, he ain’t even gonna let you inside of his room. I’m sure of it! Don’t go thinkin’ that everything gonna go your way ‘cause ya want it to! You know what your problem is? I’ll tell you--” Mammon was about to go off on a long rant with me but was cut off when a voice suddenly came into our one-sided conversation.

 

 “Mammon, you jackass…” The voice sounded pretty close to us but I didn’t know exactly where it was coming from.

 

 “What…? Who said that?! I’m not a jackass, or an idiot or a scumbag or a money-obsessed moron!... Which you didn’t actually call me, but still!” I didn’t know what to say to Mammon as he basically insulted himself. He did get called a lot of names by his brothers, didn’t he?

 

 “...Hold on, I recognize that voice. So, where ARE you, anyway?” Mammon was looking around for the voice that insulted him and I kind of felt bad that I wanted to laugh as I watched him try to find where the voice was coming from. He was looking all over the place for it. 

 

 “You’re making way too much noise, Mammon. Would you do me a favor, and NOT stand outside my door being loud? I’m in the middle of watching the best scene of The Magical Ruri Hana: Demon Girl.” I kind of felt dumb not realizing that it was Levi's voice right away. We were standing outside of his door so obviously, he would hear us talking. 

 

 “Levi, we need to talk to you. Get off your ass and come to the door!” Mammon stomps his foot down in front of Levi's door with an annoyed look on his face. This reminds me of my time at home when my brothers are telling me to come out of my room but I am refusing to do so because I am too busy either watching an anime or playing a game.

 

 “No.” Levi refused rather quickly and Mammon turned towards me with his arms raised in a way that was telling me “I tried and it didn't work out”.

 

 “See? See? What’d I tell ya? He won’t even open the damn door for us. Don’t just stand there, Yuki. Try sayin’ somethin’ to him.” Mammon pushed at my back and I was standing in front of Levi door. I was thinking of what I could say that would make him open the door for us and an idea appeared quickly in my head.

 

 “Ooh, I love “The Magical Ruri Hano”! It is one of my favorite shows that I watch all the time back in the human world.” I could taste blood in my mouth as I lie so badly about watching the anime that Levi was currently watching. I could feel my otaku side screaming out at me and shaming me for this lie.

 

 “You’re going to have to do better than that. It’s not Ruri HANO, it’s Ruri HANA. Get it right. Why would you even say that? Do you even know how lame it sounds when you fake like you’re all into otaku culture? SO lame.” I fell to my knees as I was shot with countless arrows from Levi's words. I am a fake otaku who doesn’t deserve anything! Why would I do something like this! 

 

 I could feel my soul leaving my body as I kept hearing Levi's words being repeated in my head. I could feel Mammon poking at my body but I couldn’t get over what just happened. I snapped out of it when Mammon slapped me behind my head pretty hard, sending my soul back into my body.

 

 “Well, that didn’t work. Now it’s gonna be even harder to get him to let us in.” Mammon was rubbing behind his neck with a frown on his face. I was still in a half-dead state at being called a fake otaku, the greatest insult in my whole life.

 

 “Hey, I was wondering who that was out here in the hall. So, it’s the pair everyone is talking about…” Coming from somewhere, Solomon joined us outside of Levi's door. He was looking at me with curious eyes but I was too lost to the world to even bother telling him what happened.

 

 “...Wha? Oh, Solomon, it’s you. What do ya mean by that?” Mammon raised an eyebrow, confused about what Solomon was talking about.

 

 “I’m referring to the rumor regarding a certain human by the name of Yuki. A human who looks very ordinary at first glance, but has already managed to make a pact with a demon, despite having only just gotten here. Apparently, this demon must be a real idiot, because he let a human discover and exploit his greatest weakness, and was then tricked into forging a pact.” I looked at Mammon, waiting for him to explode at Solomon for insulting him but got confused when he started to laugh.

 

 “AHAHA! What demon is that? He must be a total numbskull! Ha, what an idiot!” I looked at Mammon with dull eyes as he laughed for a bit longer. I was just waiting for him to realize that Solomon was talking about him. “...Wait, you’re talkin’ about ME!” I didn’t know how I should feel about Mammon just realizing that Solomon was talking about and insulting him. It was pretty obvious…

 

 “Anyway, what’re you even doin’ here, Solomon?” Mammon was now glaring at Solomon, feeling pissed that he got insulted to his face by him. I still couldn’t understand how he didn't realize it sooner. He was the only demon I made a pact with during my stay here.

 

 “I’m here because Levi invited me.” Solomon gestures to Levi's closed door. I look at Solomon with surprised eyes, not believing that he and Levi were close friends. They just seem different from each other.

 

  “Wha? Levi invited YOU? To his room? No way, I don’t buy it.” Mammon shakes his head at what Solomon said with a disbelieving look on his face, not believing that Levi invited Solomon to his room as well. 

 

  “I’m afraid it’s the truth.” Solomon gives us one last smile before knocking on Levi's door. “Levi? It’s me.” It was quiet for a while before Levi spoke up from behind his door. 

 

  “What’s the secret phase?” I tilted my head in curiosity at what Levi just asked Solomon but Solomon didn’t look phased at all as he answered Levi's question without breaking a sweat.

 

  “The second lord…” Solomon began to say something, the first part of something that had the second part continue by Levi. “attempted to steal the Lord of Corruption’s platypus, which could lay golden eggs…” 

 

  “...having incurred the wrath of the Lord of Corruption for this misdeed….” Solomon continued to say that the secret phrase that was finished by Levi. “...it was ordered that the second lord would be forever dubbed The Lord of Fools.” Secret phrase authenticated. You may enter.” 

 

Levi door clicked to unlock and Solomon gave us one last smile before he went in. “Well, guess I’ll see you two later. Bye.” I could only stare at Solomon back as he disappeared into Levi room. I couldn’t believe that Solomon was an otaku as well! And he was an otaku that was trusted by Levi!

 

  “What were they even talking about just now…? Wait a minute… That was the secret phrase! They gave it away, didn’t they?!” Mammon looked at me with an excited look on his face but I kind of gave that the side-eye. I doubt it would be that easy to get into his room but I guess I have to try something…


Here a chapter that is done on time. I manage to finish the event that was going on in the game and I got myself a UR + summon card so I am feeling rather proud of myself, it was Satan. Well, I may probably start writing for the next chapter but I may get distracted by the game since I didn't really complete all the new lessons. Too busy leveling up so that I won't have a hard time with the lessons. Well that it for now. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

5