Lesson Three Chapter Twenty-Four – How To Win Verse Leviathan (2)
81 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Whaddya mean? Who told you that?” Mammon looked confused at how Levi also knew our plan. I thought only Beelzebub knew this plan. He didn’t tell Levi, did he?

 

  “It’s no use playing dumb. I heard it from Lucifer.” I ended up almost choking from my energy drink when I heard Levi said that. How did Lucifer even know about this? Does he also know why I am doing this in the first place?

 

  “Lucifer? How the hell does he end up hearing every single thing that gets said around here?” Mammon looked annoyed at the fact Lucifer knew about our plan. I wonder if Lucifer does hear everything around here? Great, I have to be careful about ranting about him in places that aren't my room. 

 

  “That’s not important. You know, I’ve heard it said that the time a fool spends thinking is WASTED time. I think that applies here. You’re lucky to have so much time on your hands that you can sit around thinking up schemes like this. There’s so much anime I need to watch, so many figurines and trading cards I need to organize, so many games I need to play just sitting there piled up… As much as I wish I could watch a marathon of every TSL DVD, I don’t have time… So, why do YOU get to have so much free time? It’s so not fair.” Levi let out an irritated sigh as he looked at us. I feel like he should just plan out what he can do like I do with my stuff back at home. 

 

  “Ah! I was waiting for him to say that. Levi’s signature line: “It’s so not fair.” Mammon copied Levi in the way he was standing with a teasing smirk on his face.

 

  “Shut up, Mammon. You’re an idiot.” Levi glared at Mammon as he said that to him.

 

  “You know, Levi, you need to start showin’ your older brother some more respect!” Mammon glared right back at Levi and I could feel the air get slightly tense between them.

 

  “Anyway, I don’t know what it is you’re plotting, but I’m not about to get all buddy-buddy with some human normie. Understand? I’m not like Mammon. Get that through your head.” Levi gave me a look that made me crush my now empty energy drink.

 

 “Hey! It’s not like I’m buddy-buddy with this human, either! My body obeys the order on its own, whether I like it or not. Like when I’m told “stay” or “go home” and stuff. It’s not my fault!” Mammon tried to defend himself against Levi's claims and I couldn’t help getting slightly annoyed. I really shouldn’t have thought watching a marathon of TSL would bring us closer…

 

  “Don’t go getting any ideas in your head, human.” Levi ignored what Mammon was saying and just went back to focusing on me.

 

  “Hey! Don’t just ignore me!” Mammon called out in a frustrated tone. I was thinking of a way that I could turn this situation around when an idea came to me suddenly.

 

  “Let’s compete to see who the bigger TSL fan is!” I point at Levi with a serious look on my face. If I want to beat a fellow otaku we have to do a quiz to see who a bigger fan is!

 

  “...What? Where did that come from? Do you seriously think you could beat me in a competition involving TSL? Haha, that’s hilarious! Lololol! As if I’d actually accept a challenge like that. I mean, I already know what the outcome would be.” Levi went to walk away but I quickly got in his way and moved closer to him.

 

  “Afraid of losing?” I had a smug smirk on my face as I asked him this. I wasn’t going to let up on this until he agreed to it.

 

  “Excuse me? Did you process anything I just said? Where are you getting this idea that I might actually lose to you?” Levi took a step away from me and his face looked slightly red but I was too focused on making him agree to my challenge.

 

   “I knew it. You ARE afraid, then?” I lifted the hand without the empty energy drink in it to cover my mouth as I gave Levi an exaggerated surprised look.

 

  “Excuse me? EXCUSE ME?! Are you processing ANYTHING I’m saying here?!” Levi was getting even angrier as I continued to push his buttons. I knew I shouldn’t be doing this because he is a demon but I am getting closer to my goal.

 

  “Levi’s a chicken!” I raised my voice and shouted into the house. I could hear my voice echo for a while after I said that.

 

  “Hey! Watch what you say, human!” Levi's expression was getting even more pissed off as I continued to provoke him.

 

  “Levi’s an otaku!” I continue to shout more things about Levi, hoping one would push him enough and make him agree to my challenge.

 

  “Well, yeah, can’t argue with ya there.” Mammon nodded his head at that, agreeing with what I said about Levi.

 

  “Levi’s a…” I was going to say something else but stop when Levi stomped his foot and made a crack in the floor.

 

  “...Fine. If that’s what you want, I’ll do it. I accept your challenge. We’ll compete to see which one of us loves TSL more, you or me. Just one thing, though. If you lose, you might never make it back to the human world alive. But you still want to do this, right? Okay.” Levi gave me a cold smile as he said this and I could only nod my head. I dug my own grave here…


At School…

 

  “Hello there, Yuki. I heard about what’s happening. It seems you and Levi are going to have a little competition.” I was stopped on the school staircase by Satan who had Beelzebub with him as well.

 

  “...Are you hoping to find out what’s in the attic room? Is that it?” When Beelzebub asked me this I avoided looking at him. I don’t want to say anything that Lucifer could end up hearing so I am just going to be quiet here.

 

  I felt sweat appearing on my back as Beelzebub just continued to look at me with serious eyes. Why do I feel so guilty for not saying anything? This is too much pressure!

 

  “I’ll let you in on a nice piece of information. Levi is the demon of envy. If you can work him into a jealous frenzy, he’ll lose control of himself. Then he’ll be guaranteed to slip up somehow, giving you an opening you can exploit. Just one thing, though. If Levi does lose control of himself, your life will also be in danger.”  I blinked, surprised, at the advice Beelzebub just gave me.

 

  “O-Oh… Thank you.” I gave him a polite bow in gratitude at the information he gave me, still not understanding why he did it in the first place.

 

 “If you want to thank me, give me food. You can buy me a megaton-size bowl of pasta with mixed entrails. And I’d like that topped with sliced anaconda, fried tarantula, and Nile crocodile brains.” Beelzebub had drool coming out of his mouth as he told me this and I tried to ignore some of the food he mentioned he wanted. Demons eat strange things…

 

  “I’ll give you a piece of advice, too. The DVD version of TSL is up to season 7 now. That’s the most recent release. Meanwhile, the original book version is up to volume 8 at this point. Volume 9 of the book isn’t out yet. But if you want to know what’s going to happen in it, you should as Simeon.” I felt even more confused when Satan gave me advice as well. Why is this happening right now?

 

 “Why would Simeon know something like that?” I remember that good-looking angel with a gentle and I couldn’t see how he would know anything about TSL. Maybe he is an otaku fan as well. That just adds to his charm…

 

  “Don’t ask me… Ask him… Also, it just so happens that it’s in my best interest for you to beat Levi.” Satan told me that with a wicked smile on his face and I didn’t want to know why it was in his best interest. I should just be happy everyone is just giving me good advice.


This chapter is done as well and I am super tired~ I been reading a lot of novels and I am getting so addicted to specific ones. I'm thinking of listening to Lucifer's character song soon since I heard that it is good. Well that all I have to say for now and I am going to head on out now. I hope this character was enjoyable for you and that you are healthy and safe! Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

 

5