Lesson Four Chapter Thirty-Five – He Who Lets Down His Guard Pays the Price- Intermission (1)
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hm hm hm hm hmmm… What Yuki's is mine, and what’s mine is...miiine!... Hm hm hmm!” Mammon was humming to himself as he went through Yuki room. Yuki currently was out and doing a part-time job for extra money. So that gave Mammon freedom to check Yuki's room for anything he could steal.

 

  “Ya know… Yuki doesn't really have anything good here, but eh, I guess it shouldn’t be surprising. After showing up here with such little stuff. There’s nothin’ here in Yuki drawers except for some weird book with two males hugging with blushes on their faces. Not worth a lot to steal and sell.” Mammon looked at the weird book for a second before throwing it back into the drawer with no care at all.

 

  “Lemme check the closet. Let’s see… we’ve got some uniforms, some regular clothes, and some skirts… and not much else.” Mammon thought it was a bit weird that Yuki had a skirt in his closet but humans tend to wear whatever so it didn’t matter much to him.

 

 “Wait… what’s this! I spy a promising-looking box! I bet somethin’ good is hidden in here! What could it be?! Wait… what’s this! I spy a promising-looking box! I bet somethin’ good is hidden in here! What could it be?! Money?!” Mammon was looking excitedly at the box that was hidden in Yuki's closet behind all of his clothes.  

 

  “...Nah, doesn’t smell like money to me. Maybe it’s jewelry? A bank card? A winning lottery ticket? The deed to some property somewhere?” Mammon was getting excited as he went to open the box. When he finally opened it the smile on his face went away quickly.

 

  “...Ugh, there ain’t nothin’ good here at all. It’s just some chocolate! And candy and cookies… All that’s in here are sweets!” As Mammon let out a sigh in disappointment the box he was holding quickly disappeared from his hand.

 

  “I’ll take that.” Beel started to eat the sweets right away and Mammon shook his head with a frown on his face.

 

  “Aha, I knew it….! Wherever there’s food, you always show up, doncha, Beel? Guaranteed.” Mammon was nodding his head as he crossed his arms around his chest. 

 

  “Like you’ve got room to criticize. Wherever there’s money, YOU always show up, don’t you, Mammon?” Beel responds to Mammon as he continues to eat away at Yuki hidden snacks that were probably for a moment where he would need it the most.

 

  “...Hmph. You’re real lucky, ya know that? All you’ve gotta do is start whinin’ about being hungry and someone usually ends up giving you somethin’ to eat. Well, just you try bein’ me for a change. I can ask people for money all I want, but no one ever gives me any. It’s a tough life-a real tough life.” Mammon was speaking seriously to Beel who wasn’t really listening to Mammon talk to him.

 

  “Hey, come on! You ain’t even payin’ attention! ... Anyway, that’s why I’m forced to go digging through this stuff while Yuki’s not around. ‘Cause I can’t just ask for money, I’ve gotta take it. Now, I guess maybe I could sell these uniforms and stuff and make some money that way. Human exchange students are pretty unique. There might be some crazies who’d collect stuff like this.” Mammon's eyes almost looked like money signs as he thought about the money he could make selling Yuki stuff.

 

  “Whatever. You know you’re not going to do it, Mammon.” Beel was still eating as he looked at Mammon with doubting eyes. Mammon glared back at him with a frown on his face. “Eh? What’re ya talkin’ about?” 

 

   “I’m saying that you’re all talk. You’re not going to actually sell Yuki’s uniform and stuff, no matter what you claim.” Beel looked at Mammon with knowing eyes as he started to eat a cookie out of the box of snacks.

 

  “Wh...hey! Don’t pretend ya know what I will and won’t do! In case you’ve forgotten, you’re talkin’ to THE Mammon, Avatar of Greed! You better bet I’d the uniforms… I’d even sell Yuki if there was any profit in it! I’d even wrap Yuki in a nice gift wrap and put a nice bow on top! Listen, if ya think I care about how some random human feels, you’re dead wrong! Mammon doesn’t care about humans! They’re demon food, that’s it! I mean, sure, I did end up making a pact by accident, but still-.” Mammon was trying to prove to Beel he would do whatever he wanted to Yuki if it meant he would get money but his heart kept on doing weird things to him that made him feel bad.

 

  “Mm… these cookies are pretty good, too.” Beel was happily eating away at the cookies in the box. They were shaped like little demons and sheep. Some even had something in the middle of them.

 

  “HEY! Listen to me when I’m talkin’ to you, Beel!” Mammon was pissed at the fact Beel was ignoring him and pissed at the fact his heart was doing weird shit at the moment. He was the Avatar of Greed and he didn’t give a shit about a human who smelled nice… In a food way!


Well, I am uploading this late and this is mostly because I was busy with another story. But I am glad I got this done. I may just do an extra chapter to make up for this mistake. I don't really have a lot to say but I did finish the wedding event in the game and it was really fun. Mammon kind of had the best one and I love him for it. I do hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

 

0