Lesson Five Chapter Thirty-Eight – The Mystery of Belphegor (2)
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “WHA? Now just a second. Why’re ya putin’ Yuki in his room? I mean, there’s enough space in my room, isn’t there?!” I really didn’t want to stay in Mammon's room either, I remember Levi told me when I first got into this house that he slept naked and I can’t deal with that every night…

 

 “This is a trivial matter, Mammon. Don’t get jealous over it. It shows immaturity.” Lucifer said that with a knowing smile on his face and Mammon's face grew red at that but I was just confused. Why would Mammon be jealous over that? We aren’t that close from what he claims.

 

  “Wha… jealous?! Wh-Wh-Who’re you callin’ jealous?! As if I’d be jealous… pff! Anyway, Yuki has a pact with me!” Mammon pulled at my hand that had the pact mark on it. I frowned at just being grabbed out of nowhere but didn’t bother to say anything since Mammon would just get loud and defensive.

 

 “Your pact is irrelevant. Also, if I’m not mistaken, there’s an extra bed in Beel’s room.” Lucifer shot down what Mammon said with a cold look and Mammon could only let out a low growl at this as he lowered my hand down but didn’t say anything back to him.

 

  “Do you understand, Beel? This isn’t a request.” Lucifer looked over at Beel who was quiet during this. His stomach wasn’t growling that loud anymore but it still was making small noises.

 

  “...Yeah, I understand.” Beel didn’t bother to argue with Lucifer and agreed without any problem.

 

  “...Ugh. This sucks…” Mammon mumbled to himself as he crossed his arms around his chest. I couldn’t understand why this bothered him so much. I thought he would be okay with me staying in Beel's room since I wouldn’t have to stay in his room and take up his space. He is really confusing.

 

  After that Lucifer allowed us to leave his room and Mammon went off to his room while stomping his feet.  I went back to my destroyed room for my sleeping clothes then headed to Beel's room. I was nervous sleeping in another male room but I didn’t really have a choice in the matter. I mean at least I wasn’t told to sleep on the couch.

 

  “So, this is my room.” Beel nodded toward his room. I looked around and saw two beds. One side of the room was painted orange and the other side was painted purple. On the orange side of the room, the wall had a sun painted on it with different pictures of suns on the wall. The purple side had a moon painted on it and had different pictures of dark skies. It was a rather nice looking room. I went over to the bed to the right since the bed to the left looked like it belonged to Beel but before I could get to the bed I was stopped by him with a hand to my shoulder.

 

  “No. Use my bed. It’s the one on the left. Don’t use the bed on the right. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Beel moved me in the direction of his bed and I looked at him nervously. I didn’t feel okay with sleeping in his bed since it seemed a bit too much for my heart to handle…

 

  “W-Why?” I was messing around with my hands as I looked nervously at Beel's bed. I would rather sleep on the couch or the floor than sleep on a guy's bed. I can’t handle being in an attractive guy bed at all. I have a pure maiden heart, you know!

 

  “...The bed on the right is my twin brother’s. His name is Belphegor. He’s in the human world right now as an exchange student.” Beel got a lonely look on his face as he spoke of his brother and all the nervousness I was feeling went away. I felt surprised that he had a twin brother.

 

  “You’ve got a twin brother?” I was surprised that Beel had a twin brother. I guess that's something we had in common. I mean we are still different since he is a demon and I am a human.

 

  “Yeah. We don’t look alike though. Actually, we’re total opposites...Belphie had a falling out with Lucifer, so he was chosen to be an exchange student. Belphie didn’t want to go, but he was forced. So don’t mention his name in front of Lucifer.” Beel gave me a serious look as he told me that and I couldn’t help but wonder if something happened between the two brothers.

 

  “I want to know more about Belphie.” I really was curious about the one brother I haven’t met. I wonder what he looked like. I mean there had to be some similar features between them. I mean my brother and I have matching birthmarks which was found out in an awkward situation that won’t be remembered.

 

  “Even though we’re twins, all that means is that our father made us at the same time. It’s not like we’re alike in any way. Still, Belphie and I always got along. We used to have a little sister, Lilith. So the three of us were always together: me, Belphie, and Lilith...But that was a long time ago now.” When I heard the name Lilith I felt like the name felt familiar to me even though I know I never met someone named that in my life. I guess it's just some weird sense of déjà vu.

 

  “I want to know more about Lilith.” I was curious about the only sister in this family of brothers, I wonder how she was and how she acted with her brothers. I never had a sister before in my life so I was curious about what it was like. 

 

  “...I don’t feel like talking about her right now. When Belphie returns to the Devildom, you’ll go back to the human world. Which means you two are never gonna meet each other.” Beel said that in a blunt tone and I felt a bit upset but I realize that was the truth since it wouldn’t make sense if we were to run into each other.

 

 ...Wait a minute. That person locked up in the attic mentioned Beel and that I should get closer to him. Beel said he is close to his twin brother… His twin brother is in the human world. Not able to leave because of Lucifer… I feel like the gears in my head are turning at full force.

 

  “...What? Why’re you staring at me like that? I told you, didn’t I? Belphie and I are twins, but we don’t look alike.” Beel looked confused about how hard I was looking at Beel's face but those eyes of his look familiar… Like I saw them recently…

 

  “I’d like to see a picture of Belphegor’s face if you are able to.” I needed to see a picture of him to confirm the suspicion I was currently happening. It kept on getting stronger and stronger that I was actually worried my head would explode from my thoughts.

 

  “You know the portrait hall, right? I’m pretty sure there’s a picture of him there.” Beel left his room and I followed after him. He led me to the hall he was talking about and pointed to a picture on the wall.

 

  “See? Right there, that’s Belphie.” When I saw the picture he was pointing at, I felt everything fall in place. Like everything finally made sense… There can be no doubt. It’s him. It would seem that the occupant of the attic room is none other than Belphegor himself…

 

 ‘...That mother fucker was lying about being a human! I knew it! Never trust a person trapped in an attic… Especially if they are claiming to be an innocent human…


I am done with this chapter and I feel so tired. I am totally going to sleep after this. I am kind of surprised that the app is making a music video. I mean I did see the ad before but I wasn't really paying attention to it. I can't wait to see the video when it is done. Well, I do hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

0