Lesson Five Chapter Forty-One – A Pet is a Big Responsibility (1)
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yuki, this isn’t what I was talking about at all. I believe I asked to stay in your room…So what are we doing here in Beelzebub’s?!” Luke was frowning but looked more like pouting in my eyes, as we sat in Beel's room together with Beel. 

 

 I ended up caving to Luke's request and snuck him into the house and took him directly to Beel's room. I felt like I should have told Luke what my situation was before taking him into the house. I know how much he doesn’t like being around demons….

 

 “You’re talking too loud. If you don’t want the others to know you’re here, you’d better keep it down.” Beel frown at Luke as he gesture for them to quiet down but that only seems to fuel Luke's annoyance as the frown on their face increase (and got even cuter).  “Answer the question!” 

 

  “No one can use Yuki’s room right now,” Beel told Luke the reason why we were in his room instead of my rather comfy one that had very personal stuff kept there and hopefully not messed up due to my missing wall.

 

  “Wha? What do you mean no one can use it?” Luke looked confused at what Beel just said and looked at me for answers but I looked away as I messed around with my fingers, feeling kind of embarrassed for the reason why I can’t use my room currently.

 

  “It’s all because of the custard,” Beel said seriously with a straight face which made the situation even dumber if people actually knew what he was talking about. I wanted to let out a loud groan due to this.

 

  “The custard…?” Luke mumbled that with a super confused face but I just shook my head at him when he looked at me for more details. Sometimes it's better not to know too much, especially if it is for a super dumb reason.

 

  “Yuki and I have to share a room now. We don’t have a choice. Those were Lucifer’s orders. I don’t remember asking anyone to pick up a dog from the street and bring it back here, not to mention one that never stops barking.” I didn’t look at Beel when he brought up me sneaking Luke into the house. I also didn’t comment on the fact all of his brothers keep calling Luke a dog, he is more like a bunny in my eyes.

 

  “Hey! Don’t you compare me to a dog! Anyway, I wasn’t picked up off the street! I came here of my own free will!” Luke crossed his arms with a huff as he tried to look more mature than he actually appeared. I wonder if Luke realizes he really does look like a young child instead of an old angel. Actually, how old is Luke?

 

  “Here, drink this for now, and try to calm down.” Beel handed a drink to Luke that he took with a wary look that just increased when he looked down at the drink he had in his hand.

 

  “Wh-What’s this supposed to be? ...It’s red. It better not be some sort of weird demon drink... like some strange creature’s blood or something! Tell me it’s not!” It looked like gears were turning in Luke's head as he kept on coming up with different things the drink in his hand could be.

 

 “It’s just pomegranate juice.” Beel didn’t seem to care about Luke's worries as he bluntly told him that. I was kind of surprised that they had pomegranate juice in the fridge, I have been guessing what some of the drinks in the fridge was but it was kind of hard with the weird names on some of them.

 

  “Wh...what?! Beelzebub, why are you being nice to me? It’s creeping me out.” Luke looked at Beel cautiously as he slowly inches closer to me. I really can’t help but find the way Luke acts so cute, like a child who doesn’t want to admit they are scare of someone or something.

 

  “Because you gave me cake once.” Beel's expression grew happy as his stomach started to growl a bit in hunger. Beel's mindset is kind of simple if that is the reason why he will be nice to someone, just give him food.

 

  “Did I?... Ah, right, you’re talking about that one time…” Luke seemed to remember what Beel was talking about as he nodded his head in understanding.

 

  “When?” I was curious about how Luke ended up giving a cake to a Beel, seeing as he is a demon and Luke really doesn’t like demons.

 

  “It’s nothing important, really. But in recent years I’ve actually been learning how to bake cakes and pastries and things.” Luke had a smile on his face that made him appear even more child-like. I have a feeling if I said that he would probably get mad at me which in the end will make him look so cute.

 

  “Wow, that’s really cool!” I wanted to pat Luke on the head but force myself to keep my hands to my side, no matter how badly I wanted to take off Luke's hat and mess up his cute hair. 

 

  “N-No, it’s nothing so impressive. I mean, I’ve only been doing it for about 300 years or so. I’m still an amateur! But yes, it’s true. Michael loves sweets of all kinds, so I’d like to present him with a cake I made myself someday! That’s why I’m doing it!” Luke looked happy as he spoke about Michael, who he mentioned to me before. But I was still processing what he told me… Been baking for around 300 years… He has been around that long but he still looks so young!

 

  “Anyway, not too long ago I was testing out a new cake recipe, when Beel happened to walk by. And he mentioned he was hungry, so…” Luke finally told me why he gave Beel a cake. He didn’t have to give it to Beel but he still did. What a nice, surprisingly old, angel he is.

 

  “Mm… just thinking back on it makes me wish I could have some right now…” Beel looked to be drooling as he remembers the cake Luke gave him. I was kind of worried he may end up eating something because of how loud his stomach was growling. 

 

  “I only meant for him to sample it and give me his opinion, but he inhaled the entire thing in a single bite! He didn’t even stop to taste it!” Luke started to pout a bit as he thought about Beel just eating the cake in a single go.

 

  “It was good, and I told you so back then as well.” Beel didn’t seem to understand what Luke was upset about and I could see why Luke would be upset with that. Beel is someone who enjoys eating so having him give feedback would be rather useless. 

 

  “He loves to eat, but his vocabulary is almost nonexistent. He’d make the worst food reporter ever.” I could see that Luke was getting frustrated with Beel so I decided to change the subject to the reason why he was here in the first place.

 

  “Did something happen between you and Simeon?” That was the only thing I could think about to cause Luke to leave the house he was in. I couldn’t see why Luke would fight with Simeon and his beautiful eyes… 

 

  It was a few minutes of silence as Luke didn’t say anything or look at me. He was just quiet as he had his arm crossed in front of him. Seeing as he was acting like this then I had to assume it did have to do with Simeon.

 

  “...This is all Simeon’s fault. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for him. He’s getting way too chummy with these demons. We are angels, proud inhabitants of the Celestial Realm! And what’s more, we report directly to Michael the Archangel himself! Yet because of this exchange program, we’ve been sent down here to the Devildom of all places?and what’s more, we’re supposed to associate with demons! It’s unbelievable! I mean, we’re talking about DEMONS here! Just the idea of speaking with one face-to-face is repulsive!” Luke finally let out everything he was holding it and I didn’t know how to react to it all. He kind of insulted Beel to his face seeing as he is a demon…

 

  “Um, let’s not forget that I’m actually a demon myself…” Beel quietly mentioned that to Luke but he was ignored as Luke continued with what he was saying. It kind of felt awkward listening to someone talk shit about someone when they are present…

 

  “If we go making friends with demons, what do you think is going to happen next, huh? I’ll tell you what: we’ll be corrupted! I’m always warning him about this, but he ignores me. Then he just leaves to have tea with Diavolo… He even suggested that I asked Barbatos to instruct me in the finer points of baking pastries and cakes! Can you believe it?!” Luke was pacing back and forth in Beel's room as his arms were moving all over the place to show off his emotions. He was being rather expressive with what he was saying but to me, it was like watching a child complain about his friend.

 

  “True, it’s said that Barbatos is the greatest pastry chef in all the three worlds, but he’s a DEMON. Simeon won’t listen to a thing I say! I could disappear off of the face of the Earth for all he cared! In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he even finds me annoying. Maybe he thinks of me like a dog, too?a noisy dog that never shuts up!” I was wrong in what I thought earlier, Luke is more like a child who is annoyed with their parents for not giving them enough attention.

 

  “Well, it’s true that you never shut up.” Beel quietly mentioned that as well but Luke didn’t seem to hear that as he was too fired up by his emotions. I doubt he was paying attention to anything, too focused on getting everything off his chest.

 

  “Simeon would rather spend time with DEMONS than with me…!” After hearing Luke say that I realize it's just jealousy. He is worried Simeon may replace him with someone else. What a childish thought to have.

 

  “...Oh. So this is just about being jealous, then…” Beel also realizes what Luke's whole problem was as well. I doubt it would help if either of us brought that up so I just continue to listen to what he had to say.

 

  “I told Simeon our friendship was over, and then I strode right out of Purgatory Hall?that’s our dorm?so I can’t go crawling back now, not after I did that. Which is why I’m asking you to let me stay here for a while.” Luke finally stopped pacing back and forth in the room and look at both Beel and me.

 

  So from what I can basically summarize… Luke is too embarrassed to go back home after he “ended” his friendship with Simeon because he was jealous of them always hanging out with demons instead of him. Now he wants to stay somewhere so what happens will die down and he can go back without any trouble.

 

  What a child-like thing to do. I can’t help but find this so adorable…. Even though he is old enough to probably be my grandfather or something older. His appearance really is throwing me off, especially the way he acts like a child.


I was going to post yesterday but there was a heavy rain going on with strong ass wind so I wasn't trying to pull my hair out due to worrying that the wind may turn off my power or something like that. To make up for my lateness I will also post something on Sunday to show I am sorry. Well, I do hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

o<( ´∀`)っ┌iii┐ Merry X’mas

0