Lesson Five Chapter Forty-Two – A Pet is a Big Responsibility (2)
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Even though you hate demons?” Beel looked at Luke with a raised eyebrow and Luke frowned at him as they crossed their arms in front of him.

 

  “Well, what choices do I have?! ...This is the only place I could think of to go.” Luke's expression was really sad and I couldn’t handle it anymore. I knew Beel wouldn’t really like this but he could blame this on me if Lucifer found out about this.

 

  “I think we should let him stay here.” I couldn’t even think of letting him leave this house and some bad demon found him alone…! What if he gets tricked by a shady demon and gets kidnapped!? I couldn’t live with myself if that happened at all!

 

  “Oh Yuki… I knew I could count on you! You’ve got the heart of an angel!” Luke hugged me happily and I couldn’t keep a smile off my face. I didn’t even think of Lucifer's disapproving stare if he found out what I just did. I looked over to Beel who was silently watching this and I was worried he would throw Luke out.

 

  “...Okay, Luke can stay here. I do owe him for giving me that cake, after all.” Bell nodded his head in agreement with me and Luke stopped hugging me to look towards Beel with a smile on his face.

 

  “Really? I can stay?!” Luke looked so pleased with getting the okay from Beel as well and I felt an urge to squeeze his cheeks due to how cute he looked at the moment. I feel happy knowing I would see this cute angel for a while whenever I came back to Beel's room.

 

 “Just make sure that my brothers don’t find out about you. If they knew I was sheltering an angel, they’d kick me out of the dorm.” I almost forgot about the other brothers since I was more focused on Lucifer. It would be bad if they found out me and Beel was keeping Luke in the house without telling them.

 

  “All right, got it! Leave it to me! I’ll make sure no one ever finds out! You think I’m about to let some demons find me?! I DON’T THINK SO!” I tried not to flinch when Luke's voice increased in volume. I looked quickly at Beel's closed door and let out a sigh when no one stormed into the room. 

 

  “In that case, do us all a favor and be quiet.” Beel covered Luke's mouth and told them that in a firm voice. Luke quickly nodded his head and then quickly went to my side. I tried not to let out a sigh when I realized how this may be harder than I thought.


In The Morning…

 

 “...Hey. What’s the deal, Yuki? Is that all you’re gonna eat? If ya don’t have yourself a proper breakfast, you’ll run out of gas before lunchtime.” I tried not to react to Mammon's voice as I finished smaller than what I am used to for breakfast. I couldn’t help but think about what Luke said earlier before I came downstairs.


Flashback….

 

  “So you’re really willing to bring me back something to eat so I can have breakfast too? That would be amazing, thanks…! Wow, you’re so nice Yuki!Luke gave me a bright smile and I felt the urge to hug him close to me.

 

  “Oh, but I can’t eat any of that weird stuff demons like. Like fried bats, monkey brains… that sort of stuff. Also, I hate anything tomato-flavored. I can’t handle ketchup, either. And there are some cheeses I don’t like...it depends on the variety. Oh, and also…” Luke started to list off more things he didn’t like and I tried not to groan at how much of a picky eater he was.

 

 ‘This is for Luke so just bear with it Yuki for this one time!’ Giving myself that encouragement I continue to listen to Luke list off the things he hated to eat. 


Back To The Present…

 

  “Are you feelin’ sick to your stomach? Is that it?” Mammon looked at me concerned and I didn’t really want him to keep asking me questions since I didn’t want to come up with an excuse for the reason I am like this.

 

  “Are you worried about me, Mammon?” I decided to just ask him that, hoping he would change the subject himself. From what I could see Mammon dislikes making people see that he cares about them, a total tsundere to the boot.

 

  “Wh…! N-No! Why would I be worried about whether you’re sick to your stomach?! Pff! You could have an alien burst outta there for all I care! If your stomach hurts, then go cry about it to someone else! Pff, what a dummy!” I didn’t know how to react to Mammon as he rambled on to show that he didn’t care. It was kind of cute if I am being honest…

 

  “Wow, you’re so desperate to deny that you care. It’s embarrassing listening to you when you’re like this..” Asmodeus had a hand to his face as he looked at Mammon with a frown on his face. Mammon glared at him with a blush on his face.

 

  “Welp, I think I’ve had enough for now.” Beel stopped eating and everything went quiet. I tried not to let out a groan as his brothers looked at him in total shock. He could have said something else that wouldn’t have gotten this reaction! 

 

  “Beel! You’re actually gonna...gonna leave FOOD on your plate?! Uneaten food?! You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me…!” Mammon looked at Beel in total shock and I tried not to look at him directly since I knew why he was doing that in the first place.

 

  “I can’t ever remember you doing that, and my memory goes back at least 5000 years!” Asmodeus was totally shocked as well and Beel frown at his brothers as he grabs his plate as he got up.

 

  “I didn’t say I wasn’t going to eat it. I’m going to take it back to my room and finish it there. That’s all.” Beel looked annoyed with how his brothers were acting but they still looked at him surprised, seeing as he didn’t eat all of the food on his plate.

 

  “Is this the end of the world?! Are we about to be invaded by an army of angels?!” Mammon still couldn’t process what was currently happening and started to come up with strange reasons why Beel was doing this.

 

  “Can you really be called the Avatar of Gluttony if you don’t even finish all of the food on your plate?! If you don’t have that, you’re just a regular demon, aren’t you?!” Asmodeus looked totally concerned with Beel's actions and I felt like maybe they were going a bit too far.

 

  “You picked up a cat from the street and brought it back to your room, didn’t you? That’s what this is about. Beel, once you’ve had fun with this animal, you need to put it back where you found it.” Satan seemed to come up with a reasonable explanation for why Beel was acting like this and I felt glad he was the calmest about Beel's odd behavior.

 

  “Actually, it’s more of a dog than a cat…” Beel mumbled that and I looked at him with sharp eyes. He could keep that to himself around his brother who basically calls Luke a dog every single time they see him! 

 

  “Hm? Did you say something?” Satan didn’t hear what Beel said fully and Beel only shook his head at his question. “Nope, nothing.”

 

  I let out a tired sigh as I went to follow after Beel with a plate of food. This shouldn’t have taken as long as it did but finally, we manage to get the food to Luke. When we got upstairs I tried not to panic when I saw Luke wasn’t in the room at all.

 

  “Hmph. Considering they call this place the House of Lamentation. I would’ve expected it to be more impressive. But it’s just big… that’s all. Other than that, it’s not so different from Purgatory Hall. Hey! Yuki, Beelzebub! What’s in this room here?” Luke didn’t seem to realize that him being seen would be a huge deal and was walking around like he was sightseeing.

 

  “Luke, you can’t leave my room whenever you feel like it. My brother will find out.” Beel frown at Luke and Luke pouts as he crossed his arms in front of him.

 

  “But everyone else is off to class right now, right? I can’t stay cooped up in that room forever. I’ll go crazy!” Luke let out a hmph before he turned to look at another room with interest.

 

  “Whoa! What’s up with this room here?! It’s crammed wall-to-wall with books! And all of them have to do with demons!” Luke was going all over the place like an excited child who was checking out a new place.

 

  “Ugh, he keeps darting around. I can’t manage to catch him…” Beel grumbles as he tries to catch Luke who keeps managing to avoid getting caught by him. I have a feeling he wasn’t even doing it on purpose…

 

  “Wow! The view from up here is amazing! I bet you can see the entire Devildom! Ooh! I see Purgatory Hall! Look! That window near the spire there is my room! Yuki, Beelzebub… look!” Luke was pointing out of the window he was looking at as he gestures me and Beel to look at where he was pointing. Beel let out a tired sigh at this and I could only shake my head at how cute Luke was acting.


 Later In Beel Room…

 

  It was after classes and I was laying in Beel's bed holding a manga in my head and Luke was near me. He was talking and I was listening to him, even if I was getting really into this manga I was reading.

 

  “...So, you’ve heard the story about Lucifer and his brothers, right? They used to be angels… Well, all except for Satan. It was a long, long time ago. So long that you humans couldn’t even imagine how far back it was. Back then, Lucifer was the strongest and the most beautiful of all angels. He had six pure white wings, and light radiated from them…” I looked from the manga and looked at Luke who had a blush on his face as he talked about Lucifer's angel form. I wonder if he really was that good looking. He is attractive but he gives off way too much of a dangerous feeling to me…

 

  “...Now, keep this between us, all right? You absolutely can’t tell anyone else, understand? Not Beelzebub or any of his brothers, either. But back then, I admired Lucifer even more than Michael. And it wasn’t just me. Other angels felt the same way. I think everyone did. Hehe, remember… this is our little secret, okay?” Luke looked at me seriously with a cute smile on his face. I felt the urge to squeeze his cheeks but I only nodded my head in agreement with what he said.

 

 Our moment was interrupted when Beel came into the room quickly and shut the door rather loudly behind him. His expression looked upset as he looked at Luke. I sat up on the bed and placed my manga under me.

 

  “D’AAAAAH! Y-You scared me…! Beelzebub! At least knock before coming in! Sure, this is your room, but right now it’s my room too!” Luke scolded Beel with a frown on his face but Beel didn’t seem to care what he was saying.

 

  “We’re in big trouble. You’re about to be found out.” At what Beel said I felt my heart stop for a second and I went cold. I instantly picture an angry Lucifer standing over my dead body…

 

  “...Huh?” Luke's expression went blank at what Beel just said like he didn’t fully process what he just heard.

 

  “We’re having a surprise inspection. Now.” I felt panic at what he just said. Why is Lucifer having a surprise inspection, now?! 

 

 Does he know!? Is this some sick way to mess with us?! Am I going to die?! I am too young to die! I have too many regrets!


Whew, the last day of 2020 and I got this chapter done! I feel like there are just a few more chapters of lesson five, I will have to double-check to make sure since I don't really remember right now. Well, that is it for me now. I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

(ノ´∀`)ノ*.゚・。:*:.゚・☆A HAPPY NEW YEAR☆・゚.:*:。・゚.*ヽ(´∀`ヽ)

0