Lesson Seven Chapter Fifty-Eight – Welcome to the Devildom History Tour (2)
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while Mammon stop fumbling with his words and went quiet, Diavolo appeared finally with their usual smile on their face. “Well, it looks like everyone’s here now.” 

 “In that case, let’s begin our tour of the Demon Lord’s Castle,” Lucifer also appeared next to Diavolo. It seemed like he didn’t hear what Mammon said. I mean, he didn’t look angry or anything. 

  “… Oh man, that was CLOSE! Good thing Lucifer didn’t hear what I said.” Mammon let out a relief sighed as he said this under his breath. He quickly straightens up when Lucifer looks over with a chilly smile on their face.

  “Mammon, when the tour’s over, I expect you to come to my room and explain everything about what you just mentioned in detail.” Lucifer's smile disappeared and got replaced with a glare that caused Mammon to let out a squeak.

  “What an idiot…” Satan mumbled this as he shook his head at Mammon's misfortune. I will probably try to help Mammon out by making Lucifer go easier on him. Hopefully Lucifer will listen to me…

  “Now, now, I think it’s nice to have at least one foolish character in the group you can tease. It lightens things up a little, don’t you think?” A high pitched and unfamiliar voice spoke up. 

  “HEY! Who’re you callin’ foolish?!” Mammon immediately got mad even though he didn’t seem to know who called him foolish. He is really quick to get mad at people who make fun of him, is what I am noticing.

  “… Wait a second. Where did that voice come from?” Simeon seems to be the only one who questioned where this unfamiliar voice came from. Unlike Mammon, who just focuses on getting pissed at the unfamiliar voice. 

  “Whoopsie! I suppose I really should have introduced myself earlier! Hello there, I’m little D. No. 2! Ah, but call me Number Two if you would, mmkay?” A tiny demon who seemed to come from nowhere appeared with a smile on his face. It looked really familiar to me, but I was having a hard time remembering where I saw this demon before…

 “Wh-What is THAT?! A tiny demon…?” Luke looks confused at the appearance of the tiny demon. But Beel's stomach let out a growl at the sight of them. “Looks yummy.”

  “Careful, Beel. He’ll make you sick to your stomach.” Solomon told Beel this with a frown on his face and I could hear the tiny demon let out an insulted gasp that Solomon just ignored.

  “You all know about the Little D.’s, don’t you? After all, they help Yuki with any task we assign. Apparently, Barbatos has some student council business to attend to at the moment, so I thought I’d ask Number Two here to be our tour guide. He may be small, but he’s very helpful.” Diavolo spoke highly of Number Two, but it surprised me that the tiny demons who helped me with my task can… talk… I should probably keep this to myself.

  “Yes. He’s MUCH more helpful than a certain OTHER ‘number two’ I know.” Lucifer had a smile on his face as he looked directly at Mammon, who had a confused look on their face. “A certain other number two?… Who’s that?”

  “You know, every once in a while, I’m actually a little envious of you for being like this, Mammon…” Levi shook his head at the fact Mammon was completely obvious to the fact Lucifer was talking about them.

  “Okie dokie, then I’ll give a quick rundown of what we’re going to be seeing on our tour. The history of the Demon Lord’s Castle is the history of the Devildom itself! We’re going to be viewing many historical artifacts and works of art housed here in the castle. And in the process, you’ll learn all about the Devildom!” Number Two really got into his role as the tour guide and said to mention all the stuff we would see in the castle.

  “Boring…” Mammon mumbled that under his breath, but I was actually curious about the history of Devildom, so I was listening rather seriously to everything Number Two was saying.

  “So, let’s start with this portrait here!” Number Two directed our attention to a painting of a rather serious looking man that kind of reminded me of Diavolo, if he was older and mature in a way.

  “I doubt you even need to introduce HIM, right?” Satan seemed to know who this man was, and I felt like I was missing very important information. I am a newbie to Devildom after all.

  “Don’t be so sure, Satan. After all, I’m guessing Yuki doesn’t know who this is.” Simeon patted me on my shoulder with a smile on his face and I immediately felt my heart jump up my throat. Why is he such a good, attractive person….

  “Right, so this is a portrait of the great Demon King himself!” Number Two said this and it shocked me to see the appearance of Diavolo's father…. His father is a bit of a silver fox, ahem…

  “Ah, right, so that’s what he looks like. The last time I saw him was at a ceremony over a thousand years ago.” Luke said that casually, but I had to hold back a surprise cough. I keep forgetting the fact that Luke is actually way older than me, even though he looks like an adorable child.

  “Yes, I haven’t seen my father in several hundred years myself. He’s slumbering at the bottom of the Devildom now. I’d say he isn’t much interested in the world at large these days.” Diavolo's expression seemed a bit conflicted as he spoke about his father, but I shouldn’t probably look too deeply into it, I am still an outsider after all.

  “That crown there… what is it? I’m guessing it must belong to the Demon King” Solomon noticed a crown in the painting of the Demon King and asked Number Two about it.

  “Hmm?… Oh, you’re right! I didn’t even notice that crown there. And as for whether it belongs to the Demon King… I think maybe it could?” Number Two seems unsure whether that crown belongs to the Demon King, even though he was our tour guide.

  “Actually, that belonged to the previous Demon King.” Lucifer said this with a tired tone and Number Two brightened up once they noticed something else in the painting. “Oh wow! It looks like you’re right, actually! The former Demon King’s inscription is etched into the inside surface!”

  “Huh, interesting. You certainly know a lot about this stuff, don’t you, Lucifer?” Asmodeus sounds impressed as he looks at Lucifer with admiration. 

  “That’s because when I first came here, Diavolo explained what each item here was. It took him hours.” Lucifer looks a bit tired when he mentions this, but Diavolo seems rather pleased with himself. “Haha, right! I did, didn’t I? Ah, the memories!”

 “Man, I’ve gotta hand it to Lord Diavolo. Even when Lucifer gets sarcastic like that, it STILL doesn’t bother him…!” Mammon had an impressed look on his face as he said this but I am pretty sure Diavolo didn’t see that as sarcasm…

  “Assuming it registered as sarcasm to him in the first place.” Solomon said what I was thinking, and I was pleased I wasn’t the only one who thought that. Diavolo is a rather carefree person and really nice for a demon. He is confusing…

  After a few more minutes in the main entrance and Number Two telling us more about the stuff that was around the area, we finally moved on to another place. It had even more paintings and staircases that led to many other doors. 

 “It’s nothin’ but paintings in here.” Mammon seemed unimpressed with the many paintings in this area, but I was really interested in these unique paintings of things I never seen before.

  “Yeah. There are plenty in the House of Lamentation too, but not as much as here.” Satan looks around with a casual look at the many paintings that seem to be around in the area. I wonder if it is only me who is impressed by the paintings.

  “I haven’t stopped to look at these in quite some time myself.” Diavolo was looking at the paintings, but I guess it is understandable he wasn’t looking around in amazement. He probably saw this many times while he was living in the castle.

  “Wow, there’s even a picture of the Celestial Realm here…” Luke was looking at the painting that seemed to be of the Celestial Realm and I noticed it totally gave off a distinct feeling than Devildom. It wasn’t dark or anything like that. It looks like a wonderland to be honest.

  “Ah yes. I believe they painted this around the time that I first met Lucifer.” Diavolo had a bright smile on his face when he mentioned this, but Lucifer was the total opposite, as their expression grew strange. “Hey, let’s not bring that up—“

  “Oh, what’s the harm in it? The first time I met you, you were simply so divine, so awe-inspiring, that you took my breath away. I couldn’t believe such a magnificent angel actually existed. And then there was the way you refused to even shake my hand at first.” Diavolo had a cheerful expression on his face as he mentioned this, but I felt confused that Lucifer wasn’t always super polite to Diavolo. That is rather strange.

  “Why do you sound so happy right now…?” Lucifer had a frown on his face as he said this. Satan had a surprise look on their face as they listened to what Diavolo was saying. “He wouldn’t even shake your hand…? Wow, that’d be unthinkable now.”

  “All of this walking around is making me hungry.” Beel's stomach was growling as he said this, not really listening to what was happening at the moment. Levi wasn’t paying attention either, he seemed to type something on his phone. “Man, this tour of the Demon Lord’s Castle only just started, and I’m already totally sick of it! lolol! And… sent!” 

  “Uh, don’t you think it’s a BAD IDEA to be posting that sort of stuff online?!” Luke seemed concerned about what Levi was posting online but Levi didn’t respond to him as they kept typing stuff on his phone.

  “HEY… BEEL! Stop gnawin’ on my elbow!” Mammon was currently pushing at Beel's face as he tried to take his elbow from their mouth. But it seemed like Beel had a good grip on his elbow. It was really a mess at the moment.

  “AAAAAAAAH!” I felt an icy shiver go down my back once I heard a high pitch scream that came out of nowhere and I immediately thought it was a ghost and that I needed to run away.

  “Wh-What was that…?!” Luke sounded scared, and I felt him grabbed onto my waist. This actually helped me out since I had someone close to me and I wasn’t alone to deal with a ghost who may try to kill me in one go.

  “It sounded like a woman screaming…?” Simeon seems way calmer than Luke and me. I really wish I could be like that, but I am really worried a ghost is going to fuck my shit up at the moment…


Here this chapter done and posted. I feel like I am probably getting back into the grove of updating my stories. Also recently got into Twisted Wonderland and I really like it. Maybe I will write about it but not right now since I am just focus on Obey Me at the moment (Also I am not that far in the game...)Anyway, I hope that this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆ (Also if you want to show some support just hit me up on Ko-Fi and buy me some coffee)

1