Lesson Seven Chapter Sixty-One – Not Every Old Friend Is Actually A Friend (1)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“D’AAAAAH!” Levi was screaming loudly as he avoided getting eaten by that enormous snake. I noticed he was wheezing, and that he was extremely sweaty already. I wonder if he gets a lot of exercise to make up for how much time he is in his room…

  “OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN IT’S GONNA EAT US! LIKE, FOR REAL!” Mammon was pulling along Beel as he focused on running. It was impressive that he could run that fast when he is dragging along a hungry Beel.

  “… Wait. What’s that thing chasing them?” Asmodeus' attention was no longer on me as he looked shocked at the fact his brothers were getting chased by such an enormous snake.

  “It’s a snake, and a enormous one at that.” Solomon seemed casual as he stated this, like he wasn’t worried that the snake was getting closer to us. I really wanted to run away, but my legs were frozen in place…

  “Gah… it’s giant. And disgusting! Ugh, I hate having to look at unattractive things.” Asmodeus shudder as he looked away from the giant snake with a frown on his stupid attractive face.

  “Hey, how ‘bout you stop talkin’ and HEEEEEEELP!” Mammon was annoyed at the fact Solomon and Asmodeus were just standing there as a giant snake tried to eat them.

  “I am a fan of eating, but I’m not interested in being eaten.” Beel's voice was weak as he tried his best to keep up with the pace Mammon was running at. He really looked like he was going to fall to the ground any second.

  “As if we didn’t already have enough problems as it is, they had to bring us another one. Well, we’d better get out of here.” Solomon's calm attitude was really throwing me off. How come he isn’t freaking out?!

  “Get out of here and go where, exactly?!” Levi didn’t know how Solomon seemed so calm when a giant snake was trying to eat them. 

  “Just shut up and follow me.” Solomon ran in a direction, and everyone quickly followed after him. I didn’t look back to see if the snake was close or not. I only stopped running when he stopped moving.

  “… Looks like we lost it somehow.” Asmodeus was fanning his face as he said this. I tried not to acknowledge that he still looks so attractive when he was out of breath…

  “Yeah, but what’re we s’posed to do now, huh? You expect us to hide here forever?” Mammon dropped to the ground as he caught his breath and wiped away the sweat from his face.

  “You’re the one who woke that snake up, Mammon. You don’t get to complain.” Beel was frowning at Mammon and I felt the urge to hit him on the head, hard. This is his fault!

  “Hey, I didn’t wake it up! I just saw a snakeskin lyin’ on the ground and figured I’d sell it for a pretty nice sum! But when I tried to grab it to take with me, it turned out there was still a snake inside! That’s when that monster suddenly came after us, all mad ‘n stuff…!” Mammon tried to defend himself but he was doing an awful job at it.

  “Anyone would be angry if someone woke them up! Especially a huge snake monster, dummy!” I pulled at Mammon's cheeks, not stopping even when tears appeared in his eyes. 

  “He’s NOT a monster. He’s Henry 1.0.” Levi speaking up caused me to stop pulling at Mammon's face and look at him with a raised eyebrow. Asmodeus also seems confused about what he was talking about.

  “Henry…? Wait, you mean THAT Henry?!” Mammon seemed to know what Levi was talking about and also seemed shocked at that information.

  “Are you sure?” Beel seems kind of doubtful about what Levi just told us. I was still confused about what they were talking about. Wasn’t Henry a goldfish?

  “I know Henry when I see him. And that is Henry, no doubt about it. I can’t believe I’d find him down here of all places…” Levi's eyes seemed to sparkle as he spoke.

  “Henry? What are you talking about?” I really was not getting anything from this conversation and I was getting annoyed about that.

  “He’s talking about the pet snake he used to have. Every time Levi gets a new pet, he names it Henry.” Beel told me that and I immediately thought that Levi really loved TSL if he named all his pets Henry…

“Umm… I want to say you’re on your fourth Henry, right?” Asmodeus had a thoughtful look on his face as he said that. 

  “No, your WAY off. I’m currently keeping Henry 2.0. I kept Henry 1.0 in his glass case and took great care of him, but one day he disappeared. How many years has it been, I wonder…? He was in his case in my room that day, and the door and windows were all shut, yet he still vanished without a trace. I looked all over for him. Later, when I moved rooms, I expected to find his bones. Every time I picked up something to move it, I was scared. But I never found the remains of Henry 1.0.” Levi had tears in his eyes as he told the story and I felt for him. It would be depressing if you lost a pet and assumed that they must be dead somewhere.

  “I don’t believe it. I never thought I’d see him again…! But here he is, alive and well—and he’s gotten so BIG! Oh, it’s such a relief. I’m so glad he’s all right.” Levi had a cheerful smile on his face once he realized his pet snake didn’t die. I mean good for him, but….

  “Well, I sure ain’t!” Mammon was annoyed at how happy Levi was with seeing Henry. It is trying to eat us but it is only chasing us because Mammon woke them up… 

  “Anyway, I at least snapped a selfie with him as we were running away. Here, check it out!” Levi messed with his D.D.D for a few seconds before he showed the selfie to us.

  “You actually had time to take a SELFIE?!” Mammon looked like he was going to hit Levi in the head, but I stopped him by pulling on his ear and holding on tightly until he begged me to let go.

  “If he used to be your pet, do you think there’s some way to pacify him?” Solomon seemed curious if we could handle rather quickly this situation since that giant snake used to be Levi pet.

  “Nope, no way. He looked like he’d forgotten me completely.” Levi shook his head right away at Solomon's suggestion. He really didn’t stop for a second to think about it…

  “Well yes, I’d say so, considering he just tried to eat you…” Asmodeus also agrees with what Levi said and it seems like we need another way to get out of this situation we are currently in…

  “We should attack it. We should take that thing down, then grill it up and eat it. I’m hungry.” Beel's stomach growled as he suggested this, but Levi immediately shook his head at that plan. “No! I won’t let you hurt Henry 1.0! And he’s NOT FOOD!”

  “Okay then, what SHOULD we do? If we don’t do somethin’ about that snake, we’re never gonna outta here.” Mammon was annoyed with Levi's refusal to hurt his former pet.

  “Violence isn’t the answer. Or eating the thing chasing us.” I really didn’t want to hurt or eat a snake. Especially if it used to be Levi pet…

  “Thank you. Yuki is the only person making sense right now.” Levi looked at me with a smile on his face and I ignored how my heart skipped a beat for a second… I keep forgetting how attractive all these brothers are.

  “We don’t need to hurt Henry to get out of here. There’s another strategy we could try.” Solomon seemed to have a plan in mind, and Levi looked at him with hopeful eyes. “… Really? There is?!” 

  “Oh Solomon, I knew you’d come up with something! Not only are you good-looking, you’re smart, too.” Asmodeus leaned his whole body on Solomon's body and looked at them with such pretty eyes. I am surprised that Solomon's expression doesn’t even change at this.

  “Thanks. All right, I’ll be counting on you to make this work, Asmodeus.” After Solomon said that, Asmodeus' flirty expression disappeared right away and was replaced with total confusion.

  “Ah, I see what he’s thinkin! While that snake is chewin’ on Asmo, the rest of us can make our escape!” Mammon assume right away that what Solomon meant but I am pretty sure it had to do with something else that wouldn’t involve Asmodeus getting eaten in any way…

  “Uh, no. That should be YOUR job, Mammon. As the stupidest one among us, it’s only right.” Asmodeus immediately shot back at Mammon and Levi had a frown on their face after listening to what Asmodeus just suggested. “Oh no, nuh-uh! No feeding Mammon to Henry 1.0! He’ll get a tummy ache!” 

  “HEY! You guys are bein’ REAL RUDE, ya know that?!” Mammon got angry at the way his brothers were insulting him without a care in the world. I could feel a headache appearing and the urge to just head to bed.


Sorry this chapter took long to update! I was kind of busy with writing other stuff and didn't remember to upload the chapter even though it been ready for a while... But I am proud to say that I have the next chapter done and this lesson will be done by next week (if I remember to post the chapter...). Anyway, that everything I have to say. Well, I do hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆ (Also if you want to show some support just hit me up on Ko-Fi and buy me some coffee)

0