Chapters 58 to 59
1.4k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clark found himself on another secluded backstreet, away from the cheerful hubbub of the population. It was already 5 am in this part of the world since he had left for almost 3 hours prior.

Still, the people in the city were very much alive to celebrate together with the Noble Families by means of singing and dancing in the streets.

“Now that i have a flying sword in hand, it would be too useless to keep it hidden in my pockets. I need to flex this new ride!” Clark smirked and brightened up the engagement party with a flash of emerald green in tow.

“Who is that man?!”

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen him before.”

“LOOK! He’s going into the Royal Palace!”

“How cool would it be to ride on a flying sword like that?”

“SIGH!” Most of the citizens of Haran City could only wish to own such an expensive item.

It was a sad truth that in the millions of cultivators that occupied within this flourishing metropolis, only a select few thousands could ever realistically buy a flying sword in their lifetimes.

“Welcome back, Master Clark!” one of the guards in the palatial construct greeted the newly arrived returner back again to his very own engagement feast.

The guard’s eyes were captured by the flying sword’s verdant allure before the precious object disappeared in the next blink of his eye.

“Are they still inside?” Clark asked, ignoring the look of envy from every palace sentry around him.

Alas, he did not wait for an answer before he began walking through a series of doorways inside the huge Ancestral Domains. The poor guard was of course obligated to follow.

He huffed and puffed to catch up with Princess Ning Xi’s fiancee. Clark noticed the burden of the faithful guard so he slowed down to let the good guy gain a few precious steps on him.

Although this guard was not a mortal anymore but how could a second stage of Mortal Shedding Realm match the quick strides of a True Foundation Establishment Expert?

It was a comparison of two different life forms already!

Two shadows materialized to keep at least a modicum of propriety as they resumed their short talk in hushed voices and finally, in static motion.

“My Majesties and her Royal Highness had also retired after you left, Master Clark.

But if they knew that you have now returned, I believe that they would most probably be delighted to join you inside the halls of celebration. Shall I let them know of your arrival, Master?”

The able guard knew how to run his mouth well and he was very much articulate in his speech. The Royal Palace was indeed a mountain of both hidden gems and people alike.

“I guess it’s fine if you don’t. Some people will do that for you soon enough. Thank you, Mister Guard. I can find my way from here on out.” Clark smiled and left just as spectacularly as he came.

Chapter 59

It did not take long for him to enter the main halls once again. At first glance, it could be seen that there was almost no change in the number of attendees on the immaculate floors.

But if one looked closely enough, they would immediately notice that almost all of the honored guests were already missing from their designated tables.

What remained now was only their servant proxies to fill in the blanks within these banquet chambers. However, the dreary mood has not at all affected the brilliant protagonist for this event.

“Hmmm... Even if I lack some good company right now but at least I can still witness a close second fiddle as their replacements.”

Clark muttered as he sauntered forth in lazy steps towards the focal table that had long been vacated by its occupants. He did not wait for any invitation as he drank and ate to his fill once more.

The almost fainting tunes was rekindled to life in his presence and then came the graceful dancers next to decorate the scene in at least a believable facade of merriment.

“Do you want me to pour you a drink, Master Clark?” a sweet voice called for our bored gamer’s attention and yet he only rewarded the beauty with a curt nod and nothing more.

He was slowly getting used to having pretty women around him and if it was not of Tang Xinyue and Princess Ning Xi’s caliber then Clark could only ignore them in line.

He scoured the nubile bodies of women and rated each one to his taste.

“5.”

“6.”

“5.”

“7.”

“4.”

.

..

...

From a scale of 1 to 10, there was not even one girl who reached a score of 8 in his rapidly desensitized eyes.

He kept at it until he registered, tagged, and graded more than four dozen women in the halls.

‘SIGH!’

‘It looks like there are just some women who can find little to no equal in terms of beauty and class.’ Clark accepted this hard truth for what it was and took another long drag at his glass of wine.

After that, he decided to make use of his time well. Since there was heavenly music, sexy beauties, and a grand feast of both tasty food and bottomless drinks, what more could Clark ask for?

This perfect setup could even bring the dead back to life in pure envy and hate to the ones that still have breath left in them to waste.

Alas, Clark was only too aware of how precious his time and opportunities really was. It was not given to be squandered.

And so without ado, our tireless protagonist continued to work his ass off while sitting in absolute ease on his comfy chair.

‘Show me my status, Nancy.’ Clark commanded as he stuffed his mouth full with the delicious meat of magical beasts that he never even got a name for.

Not that he was particularly excited to know about this little detail at the moment.

“BOINK!” An invisible viridescent text appeared before his eyes. But before he was able to scan the meaning behind the clear lines, a familiar voice interrupted his plans in a heap of tangled mess.

“May i have this dance, Master Clark?”

34