Chapters 66 to 67
1.1k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 66

“Thank you, Madame Xu. You don’t have to worry about anything because I've already forgotten about the incident earlier.

I know that Lady Xu Min will have some more growing up to do and I'm comforted that you will be there to correct her mistakes along the way.”

Clark nodded like a sage character that he was not but since there was no witness to prove him otherwise, his antics passed as truth within these royal halls.

He received the jug of wine and cheerfully tasted its delights thereafter.

“Master Clark, you shouldn’t d...” Missus Xu wanted to say something but was immediately halted by an open handed warding palm by our good gamer.

The lovely Lady could of course only gaze at Master Clark in helpless impotence. Clark did not stop until he was halfway through the contents of the said gift.

It was after all nice to show his appreciation this way. When he was finished, he could see that there was a wave of gulps and lip licking that flowed on his audience.

Even Ning Bao looked at him as if he was the stupidest person in the world. It was so obvious that it got to the point where Clark could no longer take the en masse of judging gazes thrown his way.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, openly bothered by the reaction of almost everyone on the scene. Although the wine was passable enough, Clark had tasted better drinks during this engagement feast.

“HAHAHA! That’s not meant to be consumed like that at all. You have wasted a healing panacea, Master Clark. A Beggar’s Tear ended up squandered inside a man’s belly.”

Mister Xu laughed provocatively at the misfortune of others.

Clark could have murdered the daring man for laughing at his expense but he was of course not that cruel to punish death for a mere laughter or two. So he tried to get to the root of the matter instead.

‘What is the use of the liquid I just drank, Nancy?’ Clark asked the system.

‘That concoction named Beggar’s Tear is primarily applied as a life saving tool for most physical injuries, host.

May it be direct amputations of limbs or shattered body parts, as long as you rub the liquid on the infected area, it will instantly close the wound to prevent further blood loss and at least give its user a great chance of survival.

It can be bought with a starting price of 500 spirit stones and only during the annual auctions held by the Liquid Poison Sect.’ Nancy replied.

‘I see now. So that’s why everyone in here is looking at me like i’m crazy, stupid or both.’ Clark could only smile at his predicament.

At this point, he could spend some of his hard earned spirit stones in exchange for a healing potion then ask for a volunteer to dismember in front of the public eye and miraculously heal him after the fact using the said healing potion.

But that would be too convoluted even for him and would only waste his resources.

Chapter 67

‘Better to handle this like a man. Full charge ahead!’ Clark decided and grabbed the half empty jug of Beggar’s Tear once more.

“I know that this thing can cure any external wound, Master Xu but i guess it’s time to let you in on a little secret. This Beggar’s Tear can also truly heal any internal injuries.

And it’s just too coincidental that I happen to suffer from a mild inner injury from the dance that I had last with your daughter.”

Clark uttered in all seriousness and cared not if this was true or not. At least he was good in faking and that was more than enough for this occasion.

He looked at the bewildered men and women around him and went on to say...

“I warmly invite everyone here once again to my upcoming wedding with your ever charming Princess Ning Xi.

Cheers to us all!” Clark said his piece and finished the remaining contents of the healing agent.

“Cheers!”

“Cheers! Master Clark!”

The audience obliged and drank a cup to show respect to someone so powerful they could only smile and nod their heads up and down even if they didn’t feel like that at all.

In this case, since they were offered a toast, not one dared to deny this simple request.

“Thank you for this timely boon, Madame Xu. You have been very helpful for me today.” Clark looked at the smart lady with only admiration in his eyes.

Some may love to use cunning to define the woman before him but not Clark.

It was always a pleasant experience to be able to meet someone so cautious and not those usual suicidal young master freaks like Zhang Mu and Yan Kang. It was refreshing indeed!

“The honor is mine, Master Clark.” Madame Xu replied humbly before advancing her cause on why she came.

“Allow me this opportunity to introduce my husband. This is Xu Huan, Master Clark. A lowly general in the employ of His Majesty.”

“I am Zi Lin. But you can continue to call me Madame Xu if that suits your preference.” Zi Lin bowed her head in humility.

“Hmmm... I think Zi Lin sounds better to my ears. Well met, Madame Zi.” Clark understood and chose to forego the use the surname of the man who has yet to look at him kindly for once.

“Why don’t we take this chance to...” Thus, Clark spent another hour entertaining the inquisitive and clever noblewoman.

* * *

“Can you tell what realm Master Clark has arrived at, General Xu.”

Ning Bao whispered in the privacy of his throne room. Their special guest had just left for no more than 5 minutes and yet this king was still here, restless and in constant worry for the future.

“I can’t fathom that wretched man’s depths, Your Majesty.” General Xu did not hide his feelings at all. He paused for a bit and continued by saying...

“But there is one thing I'm sure of. He is at least at the first stage of Foundation Establishment Realm.” The good general shared his thoughts on the matter.

“What if i tell you that i could still sense his level earlier tonight?” Ning Bao muttered softly.

“Are you sure, Your Majesty?!” General Xu exclaimed in disbelief.

“Yes. That much I can be certain.” Ning Bao affirmed once more and both men lapsed in uneasy silence for a long long time.

29