Chapter 10 – omega
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The class fell silent as Katsuya walked in - tie-less. He had it with him, so he wouldn’t get busted for being out of uniform, but if he wore it, it covered up Kaiba’s bite mark.

Kat wasn’t sure how he felt about Kaiba’s offer, but he still giggled like a twelve-year-old schoolgirl every time he remembered the mark was there.

“That’s one of those fake tattoos, right?” Yugi asked as Kat sat beside him.

“Nope.”

“Ra’s light!”

“Ra’s light?” Kat repeated, snickering.

“Atemu says it, and beside the point. Who bit you? Are you bonding?” He leaned in and whispered, “can you bond? Like that, I mean.”

“Lunch.” Katsuya turned to face the teacher starting class. “I’ll give you the blow-by-blow at lunch.”

It wasn’t just to brag. Kat was not at all sure how to handle Kaiba’s offer of marriage. Keeping his own gender a secret was one thing, but keeping Kaiba’s secret too?

Still, it did make sense. No one would look deeply at either of them. People wholly believed Kat was an omega. Even at the club, no one ever guessed. And he really had pushed Uncle Ayuhito into rut - although it is also true that his uncle has control issues.

Nothing about Katsuya his whole life had ever made anyone think he was anything but an omega - and an oversexed one at that. Nothing.

Except that one time he bit an Alpha.

So now the most Alpha man in the world had a ‘Scarlet O’. A visible ring of teeth marks that told everyone he was not the man they thought he was. So what happens to Kaiba when the world discovers he’s omega?

“Kat-chan?” Yugi gave him a shake. “You’ve been in outer space all day!”

“Huh?” Around him, his classmates were pulling out their lunches. “Oh. Come on. Let’s go -”

“Hi Nii-chan!” Mokuba strode into their classroom, surprising everyone. He had a large bento box with him. “I brought lunch for you. Fujishiro-chan said you forgot it.”

Kat groaned. He’d been dodging the bodyguard and his father all weekend.

“Nii-chan?” Yugi repeated, wide-eyed.

“Oh, hey Mutou-chan.” Mokuba sat next to the two and began unpacking lunch. “There should be enough here for three. Muranaka’s having lunch with Fujishiro-chan. They’re bonded, too, like Tamura and Roland. That’s why I wanted Fujishiro switched to my team. I call them the matched set because they are Muranaka and Nakamura.” The underclassman began casually eating; the rest of the class watched them intently. “We have a lot of Alpha-omega pairs in Kaiba, so you and Nii-sama getting married is no big deal.”

“Married?”

“Jeez! Uh, yeah, Yug’, he said maybe, kinda -”

“Oh, don’t worry, Nii-chan,” Mokuba assured him much more loudly than necessary. “Big Bro wouldn’t mark you and then not marry you. The bodyguard is to make sure you stay safe.”

“OMG, I am so jealous!” one of the girls listening lamented.

“I know, right? All the hot Alphas go after omegas!”

The class erupted, surrounding them and asking questions Kat wasn’t sure he wanted to answer. But Mokuba turned out to be a fount of information.

“Well, Big Bro said they met ‘cause Kat-chan is gonna be in one of our ads, starting next month. He told me he met this model who was this super hot Alpha, but then when he saw him here at the book fair, he realized that he was an omega!” He shot a coy grin at Katsuya then lowered his voice. “I think Nii-sama left early that day ‘cause he went into rut, but he keeps claiming he didn’t.” There were several who agreed with the boy. “Anyway, I didn’t know all that when I bullied Kat-chan into signing up for the internship. Last week, Big Bro found Kat-chan alone in the bathroom, and,” he snickered, “chomp!”

Katsuya tried to turn himself invisible. How could one statement be so true and so false at the same time?

“Is that about how it went?” Yugi asked. He looked almost amused.

“Uh...about…?”

“Oops!” Mokuba jumped up, looking at his watch. “I gotta run. We have a student council meeting next period. I’ll see you tonight, after dinner.”

“...uh...tonight?”

“Yeah, remember? You said we could meet your dad tonight. Seto and I will both be there. Ok? Later!” He was out the door before Kat could do more than swear.

He had not mentioned his father to Kaiba. He had certainly not scheduled a time for them to meet. Not that it was too big a crisis - by dinnertime, his dad would be at Nouchi’s.

Still, Katsuya spent the afternoon in a daze drifting between the elation of the bite, and the dread of the larger issues.

When classes ended, Yugi began packing his books. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Go? But what about club -”

“This is more important. We should talk to Atemu,” Yugi said. “You’re gonna need serious advice for this.”

0