(Prelude) Ascended – The Blackwing Archangel Revolt: Chapter Five
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Five

 

“Were…you about to take on the entirety of Hell?” Metatron questions.

“Perhaps,” her brother responds. Metatron shakes her head.

“Are you that battle-depraved?”

“...Perhaps.” Metatron sighs.

“Come home. You’re needed,” she demands.

“But…Seraphiel,” Michael says.

“Will return with us,” Metatron tells him. She looks to Athan. “Won’t he?”

Athan gives her a look that would normally signal him using his laser vision, but all he does is float the unconscious body of Seraphiel towards Metatron. She uses her telekinesis to float him through the portal she holds open. 

“So easily?” Michael questions.

“I have no use for him,” Athan says. Michael glares at him, trying to determine if the demon is lying. Without questioning it further, he turns back to Metatron. 

“And what of the Blackwings? At least Zerachiel. He does not act of his own accord.”

“They’ve made their choice,” Metatron says. “They will return to us. In time.”

“Zerachiel, Metatron,” Michael repeats. She says nothing. Michael exhales and closes his eyes, hanging his head down. He then looks upward again and ascends with his sister. The two return to the Heaven Dimension safely while Hell’s army turns on the Blackwings. 

“Hm. They were aware Zerachiel didn’t make this choice, yet still chose to leave him behind,” Athan says. “Guess that’s for you to feel guilty of while you’re imprisoned.”

“Imprisoned? We aided you in securing a seraphim for your army! And you just threw him away!” Azazel says. Athan nods and smirks. “And you did not help us dethrone Michael. He is still in power!”

“Speaking of that seraphim, I’m gonna need his power back,” Athan says as an unidentified tendril shoots out from the sea of demons and drains his stolen power. “You’ve each done your part, and I humbly thank you for that. But for now, your usefulness has run its course. For now.”

An unnamed Fractional Demon, which is a demon that is half demon, half something else (including alien), flashes its eyes and freezes the Blackwings in place, causing them to turn to black stone like statues. 

“Take them to far separate corners of the universe,” Athan commands a few of the demons, waving them off. He flies off with his siblings and lands where Seraphiel’s chained body was being kept. 

Athan smiles and pats Lucine on the shoulder. 

“You did a good job in convincing Azazel,” he tells his baby sister, revealing that it was her in disguise that appeared in Heaven as Apothael. With her taking on that form, her demonic presence was muddled, making it unclear to the angels that she was a demon. “We now have the power of a seraphim in our grasp. And…we can prepare for the takeover.”

0