Ch. 1.4 – The Request for Reinforcements
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Baullheart Kingdom...

A meeting from the upper echelons of the army, dukes, and a merchant was held at the office of the General.

"I cannot believe you ordered a portion of our army and let them go to the Thermite Cave to subjugate that fiendish monster! Not when we are preparing for war against the Elves!" A well-built man pounded his hands to the wooden table. He was wearing plate armor, black pants, and shoes. He has auburn hair that contrasts with his pale brown eyes.

"What can we do about it, the 5th Crownless Hero Cruceus-sama himself requested. Besides what could possibly go wrong with a Crownless Hero with them?" The Duke retorted that there's nothing to worry about. He was a nobility.

"Speaking of which, didn't they head out at noon? Shouldn't they be back already?" A tall frail man that didn't exhibit any masculinity, added frustratingly.

"Can we start heading to the main subject? I'm quite busy and I don't have the time for nonsense." A merchant gazed at the tense atmosphere and didn't mind off it. Clearly, he didn't want to partake in any nonsense.

"I understand your frustration, Dulles, but I summoned you all here today for another matter. Clearly, not because of the monster sighted at the Thermite Cave..." The general has spoken out and Dulles sat down from his seat. "The Elves have finally moved..." The general added.

They all turned their attention to the General when they heard the news about the Elves.

"Didn't they want us to sign a peace treaty? And now that we declined this is their answer? How dare they think they are on our level!" The Duke remarked. He was clearly furious.

"Shut it. You don't know how much of a crisis this issue is. Considering you just sit around playing with your money just because you were born from a nobility lineage. Walter-san..." Dulles refuted and mockingly said Walter's name. Disgusted by Walter who resembles a pig. He shot glares at him.

"Gahh...! What do you mean by that, Dulles! I can have you beheaded right now for your statement alone!" The pig— Walter stood up and pointed his index finger at Dulles with sweat running down from his forehead.

"Enough! Dulles, if you continue to behave like that then get out of this meeting!" The general shouted with an intensity that the tall frail man shriek in shock.

Someone knocked on the door...

Clearly, the intense atmosphere didn't vanish, it instead burned more. "Who the hell's knocking!" The general shouted firing glares at the door.

The door opened slightly and a head slowly peeked from the inside.

"I'm sorry to intrude, Si"—

"If you're going to say something get yer' ass here!" The general yelled.

The soldier immediately walked inside and started opening a scroll from a message carrier.

"This is a Rank-B Adventurer, Astralish Zeckonia, requesting reinforcements at the Thermite Cave. The squad captain and the soldiers accompanying the Crownless Hero earlier died. The suspects are the 5th Crownless Hero, Cruceus, and 6th Crownless Hero, Maschenny. They used the soldiers as fodder for a monster raid, that is going to run rampant towards the nearby villages on the outskirts of Baullheart Kingdom. I request reinforcements as I am currently fending off the monsters. This is an emergency!" The soldier hastily read the letter. His face was sweating.

The eyes of the four people inside the room widened and the silence lasted until—

"Who is this Rank-B Adventurer, Astralish? How did he get the message delivered?" The merchant's voice broke the silence and asked the young soldier.

"According to the Guild Hall, Astralish Zeckonia is a Rank-B Adventurer and became an adventurer 6 years ago. Due to the scroll having the symbol of the Guild's post-office and was delivered by a black crow, we thought it was very important." The soldier explained and remained standing.

"What are we going to do, General? If the request for reinforcements is genuine and it has the symbol of the Guild shouldn't we arrange it immediately?" The merchant's face looked upwards towards the General and opened his eyes. His eyes pierced the glare of the General's eyes.

"Hold it..." Dulles halted the General from speaking and stood up. "I don't feel like being here anymore. Surely, you will start giving your insights to the matter about the Elves, Koukei-san?" Dulles looked at Koukei. "Of course... I'm slightly interested in the adventurer, however, I don't think I can help him fighting monsters. I'm just a merchant after all." Koukei slightly smiled. "Stop joking, we all know that if we fight it'll be over before I even reached you." Dulles retorted Koukei's statement and also slightly smiled.

Dulles started walking out of the table.

"I'll be going to the Thermite Cave and help the adventurer. I'll investigate the matter about the killed soldiers and the mentioned Crownless Heroes... Bye, piggy..." Dulles mockingly looked at Walter and walked towards the soldier and they both left the room.

"That bastard Dulles..." Walter clenched his fist...

The door closed.

 

"Let's resume shall we?" Koukei leaned closer to the table and placed his hands at his chin...

1