Ch. 2.2 – Head to the Oaphyllis!
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in Oaphyllis...

 

"Haugghh... haugghh..."

"Did we lose them...?"

The woman quietly gasps for air.

"What should we do now? They'll soon find us?"

The middle-aged elf watched the surroundings.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

The woman — huntress elf — crouched down and looked at the little elf.

"Shinna-san are we going to be okay?"

The little elf girl worriedly hugged Shinna.

"Hey, Shinna they're going this way we should go."

They got up and started running in the alley of a building.

...

"Aahh..."

The little elf girl tripped.

"Hey! I heard a voice here!"

"We can't get out of here with them following us."

The middle-aged elf remarked.

"Take the girl and go to our hideout, Shinna. I'll catch up with you!"

"No, I can't leave you behind Ray-san!"

"Get going now!"

Shinna grabbed the little elf girl and ran away.

...

"Where did you go, please help us... Master!"

Shinna cried out.

...

Eventually in the end Ray got caught and was arrested by the humans in the lower part of the Oaphyllis.

 

                                                                                            ———————————————————

 

Somewhere in the streets of Baullheart Kingdom; inside the Boar's Pub...

 

"Hey, Adventurer Astralish!"

I looked back to see it was Dulles and Koukei...

"What're you doing here?"

I pointed at Koukei with a dissatisfied expression.

"That's quite harsh, Astral! We're buddies y'know?"

"Maybe we were the last time we talk but now I don't know you."

I averted my gaze.

They sat next to me.

"Why were you here Astralish-san?"

"I just finished buying new types of equipment and stock magic potions and stuff. Astralish is fine."

Koukei went off to order and saw potential customers. Pretty sure he'll trick them like earlier...

"Then, Astral I see that you're quite friends with Koukei are you a customer of his by any chance?"

"Hell no. That guy tricked me earlier to buying Linterfillis when he already gave my quest form. I only know him back in the Crownless War." I looked at Koukei who tries to sell things to others only to be rejected.

Koukei finally gave up and got back from our table.

"Hahaha... he is that kind of guy. I see you knew him back then. I've been meaning to say how did you get that..." "prototype Paria bottle?"

Dulles quietly muttered.

"Hey, that's personal Dulles you shouldn't ask about things like that."

"Weird... you're a sensitive person for a change. It's fine it's not that big of a deal."

Koukei sat muttering something.

"I was near the Demon's side of the war and being in that environment. I saw people killing each other for fun and they were holding a prototype Paria bottle. Which was unheard of at that time. They completely overpower the other races. A demon flew right next to me holding a Paria bottle."

I continued on.

"After I desperately snatched the bottle some Demon noticed me and that's when this shady person comes in."

"Hey! I'm not a shady person! Living a merchant's life is hard y'know?"

"Long story short, I got saved by, 'The Knights of Dawn' after they arrived and I got away safely."

"You've had it rough..."

The waitress laid down the beers they ordered.

"Well, good luck with your mission!"

We cheered and chugged down beers all night.

 

                                                                                            ———————————————————

At the outside gates of Baullheart Kingdom...

 

"I know I was the one who requested your assistance, Astralish-san. If the quest is hard it's fine to withdraw. At the very least recover the corpses of our fallen comrades..."

The General patted my shoulder.

"Astralish is fine, General. I will do what I can and recover their corpses."

"Then just call me William if I am not on duty, Astralish."

"Hey, the cargo is ready! We should go now Astralish!"

"I will, William-san!"

I hurriedly opened the door of the cargo.

"We'll be waiting for your great news, Astralish!"

"Yeah, you got it, Dulles-san!"

I waved back and the gates opened up.

...

"Travelling from Baullheart Kingdom to Oaphyllis would take two weeks at most. That's why after we cross the Second Ark we'll be using Scaled Salamanders to reach Oaphyllis in four days."

"Scaled Salamanders? I haven't ridden one."

Scaled Salamanders usually length four meters. Due to their agility, they are mostly tamed and used as a means of transport.

"While we haven't yet gotten to Oaphyllis. Your mission is only on the middle regions of the Oaphyllis so try not to wander far."

Koukei explained.

"Low, middle, and the upper regions right?"

"Yes, I don't do business in the lower or the upper regions so if you wander there you're dead meat."

"I'll remember that. By the way, about the Crownless Heroes, I had written them down in the letter as the main suspects why haven't they look for them?"

I was curious.

"Well, making the Crownless Heroes as the suspects is a bit unbelievable. The citizens of Baullheart Kingdom regard them as living legends it'll be hard to make it out to the public. While the General and Dulles are looking into it, there's just no concrete evidence, and if there is I think it'll just be disregarded."

"Tsk..."

I clicked my tongue.

"You seem a bit angry about the Crownless Heroes?"

"Yeah, as I have written in the letter. I've met the 5th Crownless Hero, Cruceus, and the 6th Crownless Hero, Maschenny. With just one spell I couldn't fight back. How pathetic." I clicked my tongue once again.

"As I'm sure you already know they are the most powerful beings. While the Demon Lords or the ancient monsters or mythical beings are inactive. No one can stop them as of this moment."

'He's right... They live in a different realm. I wonder what will happen if they wage war against the whole world.'

As my thoughts get far-fetched, I shrugged my thoughts.

I soon fell asleep.

...

 

0