First C-Rank Mission (5) – Part 19
2.3k 15 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First C-Rank Mission (5) – Part 19

“Soft …” Sasuke thought as he opened his eyes.

“I’m not dead?” He asked, still half-asleep.

“No, silly~, you aren’t. This fox has saved you.” Naru said as she looked down at him.

His head was still lying on her lap and they were still on that bridge.

Sasuke looked up at her and he saw that she had let down her hair, looking extremely beautiful right now, but he as soon as he remembered their current situation he stiffened: “What about the fight?!”

Naru stroked his hair and said: “Don’t worry. The fight is over. Everyone is alive.”

Sasuke instantly calmed: “That’s good … I thought Naruto and Sakura had …”

“No, they are fine.” Naru said with a slightly angry tone in her voice.

“What about Haku … and Zabuza?” Sasuke asked, closing his eyes in content at her touch.

“I left them alive because Nii-chan wouldn’t have liked it if they died.” Naru said with a small smile on her face.

She really liked giving him a lap pillow. It calmed her to be able to stroke his hair. She really thought that he had already died and that she couldn’t save him.

“Thank you, Kurama-nii.” Naru sighed.

“Who?” Sasuke asked.

“Later, later~ … sleep for a bit longer, okay?” Naru asked.

“Hn. Alright …” Sasuke said before letting his thoughts go and enjoying the softness of her lap and the gentle hand massaging his head.

Soon, he fell asleep again.

 

 

Zabuza and Kakashi, who were watching that scene, sat beside Haku who was also clearly bewildered at the current situation.

“No fighting anymore, right?” Zabuza asked.

“Right.” Kakashi said, nodding.

“What do we do about Gato?” Haku asked, slightly worried about their imminent future.

“Well-“ Zabuza had just wanted to say something when they were interrupted by another voice.

“Now, now. Who do we have here? Zabuza and Haku. You failed your mission, what do you have to say for yourselves? Oh, actually … it doesn’t matter. Your services are no longer required. Men … kill them-“ Gato had just wanted to shout as a golden tail moved at lighting speed and instantly beheaded him. Blood shot out from the place where his head had been formerly connected to. His head flew through the air and into the hands of one of the men behind him.

That man instantly shivered and let the head fall (as if it was a hot potato).

“Quiet down.” Naru said, not moving her eyes away from Sasuke.

No one had seen this coming, but apparently the Fox Goddess was still angry.

She wouldn’t tolerate any rude behavior anymore, apparently.

Kakashi sighed: “Perhaps this is for the better. We are all exhausted and can’t really fight anymore. Gato and his thugs would have been able to do serious damage to us in our current state.”

Zabuza and Haku nodded.

At this moment, beside Naru, Tazuna spoke up: “Naru-sama, why don’t we go back to my house? We can let the others sleep in a comfortable bed too, okay?”

Tazuna was sweating, he did not want to anger the little girl that was powerful enough to kill him without moving a finger.

“Sure, let’s do that then.” Naru said before closing her eyes for a second.

When she opened them again, her tails gently lifted up Sasuke’s body.

He stirred for a little but did not wake up. Instead, he cuddled into one of her tails, making her giggle.

Two tails each moved to pick up Sakura and Naruto, grabbing them at their stomachs and gently moving them through the air.

The difference in treatment between the three was very evident … Sasuke had been surrounded in fluff after all~.

Of course, that did not mean that she did not love them~.

The thugs that Gato had brought had wanted to attack the city to get their pay, but after seeing the Goddess-like Fox and the horde of villagers running towards them in the distance, they decided to just make a run for it.

The group moved to Tazuna’s house, Zabuza and Haku also following them.

They, however, did not get healed by Naru. She did not want to. If, however, Sasuke or Naruto asked her to heal them, then she would do it even if she originally didn’t want to.

Once at Tazuna’s home, Zabuza and Haku tended to their wounds and Naru laid down her three sleeping teammates onto their respective beds.

Though, she had laid Sasuke’s head onto her lap again. She actually really liked the feeling of his head on her lap, it calmed her, though, his hug still had a better effect at calming her.

She gently stroked his hair, just like she did before.

She watched him sleep, smiling at his peaceful face.

 

 

After some time, Sasuke woke up, feeling Naru’s gentle hand still massaging his head.

“How long was I out for and did you really stay by my side for that long? Don’t you need to sleep too? Go rest, won’t you?” Sasuke said, noticing that they were back in Tazuna’s house and that he was lying on his bed.

“It’s okay~, I don’t need to sleep~.” Naru whispered softly, making him shiver slightly, her voice sounded heavenly at that moment.

“I love you.” He said.

“Mhm~, I love you too. Sleep more?” She asked.

“No, I feel fine actually. How are the others?” Sasuke asked.

“They woke up already, they are currently talking with the rest downstairs. Want to go have a look?” Naru asked.

“Let’s go downstairs then. Did you heal me? My injuries should have been pretty severe … but I only feel slightly sluggish?” Sasuke asked in disbelief.

“Yea, my chakra is really strong, isn’t it~?” Naru giggled, winking at him.

Sasuke stood up and hugged her.

“Thank you for saving us and … I’m sorry for asking you to let us fight alone. We were naïve to think that we knew everything about the enemy’s strength, and we were naïve to think that we were strong enough. We still have a long way to go.” Sasuke whispered into the place where her human ear would have been, if she were still in her human form that is.

However, in her Kitsune-Form, her human ears were exchanged for her huge fox ears that were nearly as big as half of her face. Honestly, they were really quite big, but that only served to make her look even cuter.

“It’s all good as long as you are fine!” Naru said.

Sasuke released her from the hug again and looked at her intently.

Suddenly, his normal black eyes, switched to become red.

“Your Sharingan, huh? It’s beautiful.” Naru said as she moved a hand to cup his cheek.

“It awakened … because I thought that Naruto and Sakura had … and I was so angry at Haku too.” Sasuke said in a slightly sad voice.

“I know. But they are okay and Haku never meant to actually kill them, or so Naruto thinks.” Naru moved another hand to hold his other cheek.

She moved in and kissed his lips.

It was a short kiss, but it was filled with so much warmth and love that Sasuke instantly started smiling after she let go again.

“Let’s go?” She asked while she got up and held out a hand towards Sasuke.

She folded her tails behind her, making them appear as if they were one.

“Sure.” Sasuke said as he got up and took her hand.

Soon, they left the room and descended the stairs to meet the others.

 

 

A/N: A very short chapter, but there’ll be another one coming later! (Just really gotta prepare for school now :c)

56