Chunin-Exams (3) – Part 23
2.1k 14 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Oh Jesus. Well, apparently, in canon, they had the exam on the same day that they went to bring in the sheets to the academy. I’ve kind of missed that, so I’m going to be splitting that. Just in case anyone was wondering what the hell happened :3

 

“Oh~, so we fell asleep like this yesterday~.” Naru thought as she opened her eyes to Sasuke’s dark hair.

“A bit longer~.” She thought, as she closed her eyes, falling asleep again.

 

 

“Little fox~ …” Sasuke whispered, trying to get Naru to wake up.

However, she didn’t move.

“Little fox~, please wake up, okay?” He tried again.

This time, her golden eyelashes slowly fluttered open, revealing two golden gems looking right into his black ones.

She smiled sweetly: “Morning darling~”

(A/N: Melts~)

Sasuke’s face erupted into a wild blush after having heard her words.

“Darling?!” He thought. “And what’s with that voice?! If she keeps talking like that … won’t she attract all the other men out there?! No, no … this voice can only be heard by me …”

“Little fox~ … you are not allowed to talk to anyone in a voice like that, okay~?” He asked.

His little fox nodded, still half-asleep and not really noticing what was going on.

She curled up against his chest, needy for the warmth it provided.

(A/N: Actually, this really seems like an adult relationship … but I swear, it’s very innocent!!!!)

“Alright, alright~. Let’s stay like this for a bit longer then, until you’ve completely woken up~.” He said as he gently stroked her cheeks, making her giggle softly.

After some time, Sasuke heard a sigh next to the couch.

“You actually stayed like this the whole night?” Naruto asked.

Sasuke coughed softly, not wanting to startle the fox that was behaving like a sleepy kitten in his arms: “Well …”

“Why don’t you just sleep in the same bed from now on … I’m sure she wouldn’t say no … and as long as you don’t go too far, it’ll be okay, I guess? You two are still quite young, so there’s no need to rush.” Naruto proposed.

Sasuke nodded: “I’ll ask her later then … I’ve been wanting that for a while actually …”

Sasuke blushed slightly, feeling like a pervert saying that.

Today, his sleep had been the deepest and most refreshing of his entire life. It would be highly beneficial towards his quest of becoming stronger if he started sleeping in a bed with her then!

Afterwards, Naruto left to do whatever and Sasuke put his focus back onto Naru, who was gently shifting around on his chest.

A few minutes later, Naru lazily sat up, before leaning into his face and giving him a gentle kiss on his lips.

“Let’s wash up? The first test is starting soon.” Naru whispered, still a bit sleepy even after relishing in the afterglow of sleep for a few minutes.

Sasuke nodded, waiting for her to stand up.

As she got up, she gently nuzzled his nose with the end of her tail, making him smile.

“Playful little fox~.” He said, before also getting up and walking towards his room.

After around an hour, the three inhabitants of this apartment met in the kitchen, looking for breakfast.

“You two really shouldn’t eat ramen for breakfast …” Sasuke sighed, watching the two blondes eat their ramen.

After finishing their breakfast, they went into their rooms again to finally wear the clothes they chose for the exams today.

Naru chose to go with a pair of black, skin-tight leggings and comfortable and soft black shorts above them.

For her top, she wore a fishnet shirt and a black crop top with the Uzumaki spiral on its back.

Finally, she put on black, closed-off shoes with a short heel attached to them. She never really liked wearing sandals. She much more liked the safety that normal shoes provided for her toes.

She did not add any pouch to her waist, like she normally would have, since she would not use any kunai or whatever in the exams. She decided to challenge her swordplay instead.

She carried her sword in her left hand and left her room. At some point, the bells at her ankles bothered her, so she decided to make a necklace out of them.

She met up with the other two and couldn’t help but look at Sasuke for a bit longer.

He chose a black long-sleeved shirt that had a longer collar. On its back was the signature Uchiha clan symbol. Adding onto that, he wore black Anbu pants that connected to his black sandals with white bandages.

She loved it when he wore black, it made him look cool as hell~.

At one point, she had asked him to wear black clothes and he actually listened to her, which made her very happy.

His former clothes had looked rather silly in her opinion. But the current Sasuke was handsome~.

Her brother Naruto wore a black and orange jacket with the Uzumaki spiral on its back and black ninja pants with a pouch at his right leg.

They really looked like a family with their matching, rather black, outfits. Naru really liked that~.

They soon left for the academy, where the first, written test was to be held.

 

“Come, let’s go inside.” Sasuke said to Naru as they stood in front of the room where the first part of the exam was to be held.

Naruto and Sakura opened the door and they all entered the examination room.

Once inside, they saw that a huge amount of people had already arrived. In fact, the whole room was filled with rather intimidating Genin.

“Wow, this many people want to take part in todays exams?” Naruto asked.

Just then, they could hear a loud female voice squealing: “Sasuke-kun, you are late!”

Ino wanted to throw herself onto Sasuke’s back, but she was quickly punched into the stomach and fell onto the ground.

“Ouch, that hurt! Why’d you do that, damn fox?!” Ino screamed angrily.

“Don’t touch him.” Naru said, letting a bit of her killing intent seep out, which caused the other blonde girl to shiver in fear, instantly regretting her nearly instinctual reaction towards seeing the cool boy.

“Thank you, little fox. I didn’t even notice her rushing towards me.” Sasuke said as he patted Naru’s head.

Naru giggled in happiness at his gentle hands on her head.

“What? You four are also taking part in this test?” A lazy voice said from the direction that Ino had come from.

“Oh, Shikamaru and Choji.” Naruto said.

“Haha, now we, the rookie 10, are all gathered together again!” Kiba said.

Hinata and Shino were next to him.

“H-Hello …” Hinata stammered quietly while looking at Naruto.

Hinata and Naruto looked at each, before Hinata blushed and looked away. Naruto just smiled at her action and thought: “Gosh, she’s cute.”

“Kit, honestly … if you wanna be with anyone then it’s gotta be her. She loves you, Kit, just get to know her and maybe you’ll like her too.” Kurama said in Naruto’s head.

Naruto slowly nodded and vowed to talk to her later on.

“What … really? You three too?” Shikamaru said, looking at Kiba, Hinata and Shino.

“I see … so all 10 Genin of this year are participating.” Kiba said, only then noticing Shikamaru’s presence.

“Sasuke … how far do you think we’ll make it?” Kiba asked, looking at Sasuke with a slightly challenging gaze.

Sasuke smirked: “Don’t be too overconfident, Kiba.”

“No, no … we trained a lot. We will not lose against you!” Kiba said, fully confident in his and his teams’ abilities.

 

“Hey, you there! Be quiet, won’t you?” A young man with silvery hair and glasses said.

“You are the 10 new Genin of this year, right? You are annoying the rest of us, so … seeing that this is no school vacation day … just stay quiet.” He added.

Ino said angrily: “Who are you even, to speak to us like that?!”

“My name is Kabuto Yakushi.” The silver-haired young man said.

 

“Look around.” Kabuto said.

The group looked around and noticed that the other Genin were giving them slightly angry stares.

“Many of these people here are stressed before the beginning of the exam … so it would be in your best interests to not annoy them. Especially those behind you, Naruto.” Kabuto said.

“But it can’t be helped … you are new after all.” Kabuto added.

“Does that mean you aren’t new?” Sakura asked.

“Yea, this is the 7th time that I take this exam.” Kabuto said.

“Wow, that means that you must be really knowledgeable.” Sakura said.

“Eh? But you never passed either, so …” Shikamaru said.

Kabuto laughed wryly: “Yea, haha …”

“Are the Chunin-Exams really this hard?” Shikamaru asked, slightly annoyed that he would need to work much harder than he had estimated.

Kabuto smiled wryly.

“Hmm yeah, but why don’t I give you new Genin some information?” Kabuto said as he took out a stack of cards.

He leaned onto the ground and put the stack of cards onto the ground next to him: “These are special cards into which knowledge about things has been ingrained into with the help of chakra.”

“I have four years of information gathering on these cards … that’s how long I have been taking these exams for already.” Kabuto said as he demonstrated what his cards could do with one example.

“So … what would you like to know, or rather, about whom?” Kabuto asked.

Even now there will still sounds of surprise coming from the ten Genin. They had never seen such a curious thing before after all.

“Since no one else is requesting anything … I’m gonna start.” Sasuke said as he looked at Kabuto.

“I’d like to know about Gaara from Sunagakure and Rock Lee of Konoha.” Sasuke said.

“Oh, you even know their names already, that makes it easier for me.” Kabuto said as he focused on his stack of cards.

Seconds later, he took out two particular cards and infused some chakra into them, revealing their information to the outside.

“Rock Lee is one year older than you. Missions: 20 D-Ranks, 11 C-Ranks. His sensei is called Guy and in the last year his Tai-Jutsu has become stronger, however, his other abilities are rather lacking.” Kabuto said.

“Last year he was rather well-known as a strong Genin, but he did not participate in any Chunin-Exams that are usually held twice a year. This time is his first try, just like you guys.” Kabuto added.

“His teammates are called Tenten and Neji Hyuga … but you seem to know about that already.” Kabuto said.

As the name Neji Hyuga was mentioned, Hinata’s eyes flinched a little, which Naruto noticed.

“She looks … sad … and frightened … at the same time. Should I … like … uh … go hold her hand or something? Or would that be too fast?! No, no, no … it’s just to comfort her. Right. Right, yes. Yes …” Naruto thought as he moved closer to her and put the top of his hand against hers.

She noticed the touch on her hand and looked towards Naruto. However, she clearly didn’t expect it to be him as her face erupted into a wild blush and she quickly looked downwards. She didn’t, however, pull her hand away.

“At least she isn’t sad and scared anymore.” Naruto smiled to himself.

Naru saw their interaction and smiled.

Kabuto then continued with Gaara’s information: “His mission count is: 8 C-Ranks and 1 B-Rank, even though he is still a Genin which is rather surprising. There is not much more information about him, since he is not from this village. Oh, apparently he was never once wounded on any mission.”

“Eh? He did not get wounded on a B-Rank mission as a Genin?” Shikamaru said, sweating slightly.

Sasuke nodded after receiving the information he needed. He was even more sure of it now, this year’s Chunin-Exams would become highly interesting.

“What’s also interesting to know is that the small village of Otogakure is also participating in these Exams. That village randomly came into existence some time ago and not much is known about it. That village is sending 3 Genin this year. Actually … you might have already noticed it, but the Exams will be especially hard this year. All of the people participating are elite-Genin from their respective villages.” Kabuto said.

“This is slightly discouraging …” Hinata mumbled.

Naruto noticed that her mood had dropped, and he wanted to cheer her up.

He decided to smile at her and whisper something for only her to hear: “Hinata-chan, I’m sure you can do it, you need to believe in yourself~.”

Hinata was mesmerized by his bright smile and she quickly blushed and tried forming words to say sorry, but ultimately … she failed in getting any word out.

Instead, however, she smiled at him while blushing wildly.

“C-Cute …” Naruto mumbled, which obviously reached Hinata’s ears as she quickly looked away. She touched her overheating face as she tried to cool her cheeks with her hands.

“How can she be this damn cute … I should have talked to her sooner …” Naruto thought to himself while also blushing at her behavior.

“Told you, kit.” Kurama said, laughing loudly.

Naru had seen their whole interaction, feeling happy for her Nii-chan.

At some point, she had tugged at Sasuke’s hand and he had also looked over, only to smile at his friend’s happiness.

 

 

“Did you hear what he said about Otogakure? That we are a small village? Shouldn’t we teach him a lesson … bring him some more accurate information?”

 

 

Three figures rushed through the examination room and attacked Kabuto. A mere second later, his glasses were broken and the Konoha Genin were staring at the three Genin from Otogakure in surprise.

Several people had realized that these Oto-Genin were either as fast, if not faster than themselves.

“Didn’t he dodge?” Kiba asked, having seen that Kabuto had dodged that Oto-ninja’s strike.

“No, apparently he didn’t.” Shikamaru said.

Suddenly, Kabuto fell to the ground and coughed up some stomach fluids.

“Kabuto-san, are you okay?” Sakura asked.

“Yeah, yeah … I’m okay.” Kabuto said, looking up slowly.

 

Suddenly, smoke rose in the front of the room.

“Stop that fighting and listen to me. My name is Ibiki Morino, I’m the one supervising the first test. Seeing that we are already a bit late, I want every one of you to come get a number from us and to take the seat that they were assigned to. Soon, the first test will begin.” Ibiki said.

 

 

Soon, everyone had taken their assigned seats and the ninjas that had come with Ibiki had split up to cover every part of the room.

“Exam … start!” Ibiki shouted.

Instantly the students turned around the sheets and started scanning the questions.

Soon, many groaned and knew that they had fucked up. These questions were clearly not Genin-level … Team 7 and the other rookies had noticed as much as well.

They were still able to solve some of these questions, but not all of them. Only Sakura was able to do that because she had studied much more than all of the rest of them combined.

Naru had also answered 7 out of nine questions from memory but didn’t know the last two.

Sasuke had soon realized that he would need to cheat in order to pass and he used his Sharingan to easily copy other people’s answers.

Naruto had luck and was sitting next to Hinata. She had noticed that he was in trouble and had allowed him to look at her sheet to copy down her answers.

So … all in all, Team 7 had managed to pass these first nine questions. Ibiki had said that the tenth question would only be asked at a later time.

Naru had, at some point, managed to find the answers to the last two questions after consulting Kurama~.

“Hehe, I didn’t even think of having you ask Naru, Kurama. I guess I really am stupid, huh …” Naruto sighed.

From time to time, people that were caught obviously cheating, were taken out of the room and they had instantly failed the Chunin-Exams.

 

 

“Okay. I think it’s time to for the last question now.” Ibiki said before smiling evilly.

“You all still have a chance to leave right now. If you leave, then you can take the exams again next time. But if you don’t leave and you fail to answer the question, then you’ll never be able to take the Chunin-Exams again, is that clear? So … think carefully. Do you want to leave, or try your luck?” Ibiki said while smiling.

Instantly, some people chose to give up. However, all in all, less people left than Ibiki had hoped, since 79 people remained. This would spell trouble later on.

“Alright … all of you that are still here right now … have passed. The tenth question is: Do you dare to risk your career? And you all passed splendidly. Congratulations.” Ibiki said.

“Wait … were the questions before that just a waste of time?” Temari asked.

“No, no … those had their own use. We were testing you on information gathering. Those that were caught cheating were judged to be lacking in that department. They were judged as unfit to become Chunin at this point in time.” Ibiki said.

“Information … is sometimes more important than actual fighting strength. Wrong information can cost countless of lives. So … sometimes, information must be gathered at all costs …” Ibiki said as he removed his hat.

His head was filled with wounds that just screamed torture. Burns, cuts and other wounds had left scars on his head.

“Always remember this. Information … must be handled carefully. That’s why we tested you like this. That’s why we got you into a situation in which you had to cheat in order to pass. Do you understand?” Ibiki asked as he wore his hat again.

Just as he finished, a window shattered and a figure shot into the room.

“My name is Mitarashi Anko and I’ll conduct the second test!” Anko said.

The Genin looked at her and froze, totally not expecting such a turn to the rather serious discussion that was held before.

“You are too early.” Ibiki said.

Anko blushed at his words and looked at how many students passed.

“79 people … 26 teams? Ibiki … what did you do? The first test seems to have been too easy this time …” Anko said, slightly angry.

“Well, it could also mean that this year’s candidates are stronger.” Ibiki said, smiling slightly.

“Oh well. In the second part of the Exams, I’ll let more than half of them fail anyway.” Anko said.

“That’ll be fun.” Anko whispered to herself.

“Alright, you’ll know more tomorrow. I’ll tell your Jonin-sensei about the place for the second exam. That’s all for today!” Anko said.

Slowly the Genin left the place and went to their respective homes.

 

 

A/N: This chapter is a bit longer and has lots of … uh, rather “canon-ish” dialogue. So it might have been slightly boring, but it’s is needed imo :3

Hope it was still quite readable ?

So ... uh. This is Naruto's outfit, right? Just imagine him having black pants. And then you kind of get the outfit that I described up there?

And here you see Anbu clothing.

50