Chunin-Exams (5) – Part 25
1.8k 13 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a cave, hidden by a huge tree’s roots sat Team 7, waiting for Sasuke to wake up.

“Is there really nothing we can do about that seal right now, Kurama-nii?” Naru asked Kurama, who had taken over Naruto for a few minutes.

“Sorry sister, we both have no knowledge of seals, we can only brute force things like this, but that’ll hurt his chakra pathways … we’ll need to find a different way.” Kurama said, knowing that his sister was hurting because she couldn’t help the one that she loved.

At this point, in a tree a bit further away, three Genin of Otogakure appeared.

Naru was furious right now. Actually, she had been angry all this time, especially after Sakura had told her about the thing that the snake did.

She was keeping her senses up right now, especially because they were currently resting in an only slightly hidden place.

When she felt the chakra signatures of the three enemies approach, she felt something inside of her … it was urging her to … vent with those three. They were from Orochimaru’s village anyway. They deserved death.

So, she waited. She waited for them to come out of their hiding place. She didn’t want to move towards them, she wanted the prey to come towards her.

(A/N: I really wanna write it like this … I just wonder how I’m gonna justify this. Maybe she just needs a place for her to vent her anger?)

Naru hadn’t been this angry ever since this life started. She had held an even deeper and more severe anger in her past life. She had hated the whole world back then. For the cruelty it had shown her. If anyone had given her the power she holds now … then she might have been the one to end that world at the moment where her mind was at its weakest.

As the three Genin arrived in the clearing, they spotted Sakura and sneered: “Look, look! Who do we have here?”

Naru slowly stood up. A katana … sharp like the wind … destructive like fire … steady like the earth … soft like water … and swift like lightning, formed in her hand.

Naruto looked at her, noticing the change in her aura. Honestly … when he laid his eyes on her form … he was scared. He was scared of his own sister.

“S-S-Sakura …” He said, alerting Sakura to the change of their teammate.

Sakura looked over: “Hmm? Naru-“

She had wanted to ask about what was wrong … but … she knew once she saw the almost physical form that Naru’s aura of anger had taken.

As Naru walked towards the three Genin that were frozen in place, huge golden eyes seemed to have appeared behind her back. They were filled with pure anger. Though they were not actually there.

Her past life’s anger, this life’s anger and the anger that every chakra beast held, fused together. Those golden eyes looked just like hers did. It was a part of her.

She came to a stop before the three Genin from Otogakure.

She looked at the girl called Kin Tsuchi.

“Kneel.” Naru said, her voice devoid of emotion.

Back in the cave, Sakura looked at Naruto: “What is she doing? Why did that girl kneel when Naru asked her to?”

“Girl, aren’t you usually kind of smart? Those three Genin are petrified in fear. They don’t dare to do anything other than obey at this point. A single wrong move and their life ends. It’s as simple as that.” Kurama grumbled, feeling very unsatisfied with the current situation. Humans had made her angry, the world had made her angry. And they, it, would pay. And he wouldn’t stop her. He had seen everything, he knew of it all. He would have liked to save her, but alas … he was bound to a human vessel and that human was vessel was currently also frozen in fear.

“Can’t we s-stop her?” Naruto asked.

“No, we can’t … you can though. If you’d just move? But … I’d be careful if I were you. Honestly, I’d like to stop her too, but those three Genin are worthless. They are insects. Though I don’t like unnecessarily taking life and if I can, I’ll save innocent people … but those three … they are part of Otogakure. That alone, voids their right to live, in her eyes at least. Just let her kill them, she’ll calm down after that.” Kurama suggested.

“And then what? She kills them, and then what?” Naruto asked.

“Then, she’ll be satisfied … for now.” Kurama said.

While they were arguing, Naru had moved a finger to point at the girl’s forehead, a laser beam-like thing escaped her finger.

A second later, the girl’s head was gone. Her limp body fell to the ground.

“Eh?” Sakura said.

“What happened?” Naruto asked, not having witnessed what happened either.

“I don’t know … I’ve never seen something like this before either. Though, I’d guess that she used a Bijuu-bomb-like laser-beam. She combined Yin and Yang chakra to form that laser beam, that much I noticed.”

Naru moved towards one of the boys.

This guy was called Zaku Abumi.

“Burn.” She said, and a sweet smile formed on her face as she watched golden flames engulf the boy, starting from his feet.

At first, he didn’t even notice anything, wondering if she had even done something yet. But then he looked down and saw that his legs were burning. It was only then that the pain set in and he started screaming.

Suddenly, his fear was gone, and he started begging for her to let him go. He would do anything. He would even betray his village and he would serve her for all his life.

However, Naru did not care for his desperate pleas. She only wanted to hear him scream and to have him pay.

As the fire finally reached his throat, his screaming stopped. He looked at her with fear in his eyes. There was no hatred. No, how could there be? He would never be able to retaliate against her, how could there be any hatred when it was a hopeless one anyway.

It was just like her hatred against the world. At some point she just needed to give up. Otherwise … she would only hurt herself even more.

The fire reached the rest of his head and afterwards his already fully ashen body fell to the ground. Only a small pile of ash was left of the boy.

She turned to the last one. Their leader, Dosu Kinuta.

For this one, she decided, she would use her sword. The five elemental katana that she had created.

She would swing it right down at him and see what happens.

She would be lying if she said that she wasn’t curious. She had never used this on anyone before and so … she was excited.

Dosu looked at her with wide open eyes.

Fear. Fear. Fear.

That’s all they showed her. And … she did not dislike it. These insects had better fear her. Some humans really were just like insects. And they all deserved to die.

She raised her arm that held the sword and swung down.

No sound was heard as the sword hit the boy’s body.

It was instantly split in two equal halves, right through his head, his chest and his waist.

The two halves then disintegrated into nothingness. There was nothing left of the boy and … for a few meters behind him, there was a huge sword scar on the ground.

It was charred and wet at the same time. They seemed to be fighting for supremacy.

Her sword, no, her elements were not combined. They were just forced into one form.

If she could combine them …

 

Just as she thought about this, one presence neared the clearing she stood at.

“Rock Lee. And his teammates aren’t that far away either.” Naru thought.

She concealed her fox features and her five-elemental katana disappeared.

“He’ll be here in 20 seconds.” She said aloud.

She snapped her finger and the earth around the sword scar changed, covering it and making it seem like nothing ever happened.

At the same time, the same golden flames that had burned the other boy, started to burn what was left of the girl’s body.

Soon, nothing but ashes were left of her.

With but a wave of her hand, wind swept the ashes of both former Oto-nin away. Thus, there was no evidence of the fight that had just happened here left.

Lee arrived mere seconds after she was finished.

“Oh? Naruko-san. I thought I heard someone screaming around here. Did you hear anything like that?” Lee asked her.

She just smiled and said: “No~.”

“Oh. Okay.” He was a bit stunned, seeing her sweet smile. He had seen it often when she was with Sasuke.

He averted his eyes, scanning the area behind her. Suddenly, a very unpleasant smell hit his nose.

“What’s this smell? Do you smell it too, Naruko-san?” Lee asked.

Naru shook her head: “Which smell~?”

“Eh? You don’t smell this? Weird … hmm, then I must be imagining it. Is your team around … especially … Sakura-san?” Lee asked.

“Hmm? My team? Oh, sure. Do you wanna come with me to meet them?” Naru asked.

Lee nodded.

Naru just turned around and started walking towards the cave.

Lee silently followed her.

Soon, they arrived at the cave and Naruto and Sakura stared at Naru in shock, they were still processing what they had just seen her do.

Naru smiled at them and tilted her head.

“Kit, we have guests. Work through this later on. Or she’ll get in trouble.” Kurama said.

Naruto looked at Sakura and nodded.

They both closed their eyes for a second before opening them again and smiling at Naru.

“Sakura-san!” Lee shouted.

Naru’s eye twitched because he was being incredibly loud right next to her ear.

“L-Lee-san …” Sakura said, clearly not knowing how to deal with the boy without hurting his feelings too much.

Lee moved closer to her before kneeling on one knee.

“Sakura-san. Please go out with me! I vowed to protect you all my life!” Lee said.

Naruto laughed at the hilarity of the situation unfolding in front of his eyes.

Naru also smiled slightly.

As Lee continued to try and convince Sakura to go out with him, Naru moved to sit down next to Sasuke.

She sat down on her calves and used her lap as a pillow for Sasuke’s head. He was sweating and running a fever.

She gently stroked his head, infusing healing chakra into him at all times.

His fever slowly got better, but pulses of dark purple chakra moved around his curse mark. Naru’s golden chakra was able to push it back, but only slowly.

As long as more dark-chakra formed, like it did every second, she would not be able to fully push all of it back into the seal without damaging his chakra pathways … possibly permanently.

She imagined that Sasuke was fighting its influence during his dreams, probably remembering painful memories.

And she didn’t know how right she was …

Sasuke was currently reliving all of the pain he felt on the day that his clan was murdered. He relived the pain that he felt as his brother betrayed him.

And, actually, he not only relived it … it got even worse. There was a constant voice telling him to take revenge. That he was born to take revenge, it was his purpose. He wanted to object at first … saying that he had something that was more precious than revenge … but … the voice continued on and on and on and on … he was growing tired and weary of resisting it.

At some point, his desire to grow stronger overtook his mind. His love for Naru … it was … pushed into the background? The curse seal made his desire for revenge strengthen. He hadn’t felt it this strong ever since he met Naru. But now it was back to the day that the massacre happened.

As Sasuke continued to struggle, more people arrived in the outside world.

Team 10, the trio of Ino-Shika-Cho arrived on the scene and spectated Team 7 for a while before closing in on them.

Ino helped Sakura get rid of Lee, albeit rather harshly, as he was now sobbing in a corner.

Naruto and Choji ate and talked about the kind of foods they liked and Shikamaru just listened to them bicker and argue about which food tasted better than another and why.

All the while, Naru had continued staying by Sasuke’s side.

She felt the cursed chakra extend across his body. Soon, he would wake up.

“Sister. He won’t be himself when he wakes up, we both know that. What will you do?” Kurama asked her via telepathy.

“I don’t know yet. I’ll have to see what exactly changed within him.” Naru answered, not moving her sight away from Sasuke.

A few minutes later, Tenten arrived and took Lee away, going wherever.

That left only Team 7 and Team 10 on the scene.

After some time, a sinister aura started rushing out of Sasuke, making everyone around him shiver.

“What’s that?!” Shikamaru shouted.

Black markings started extending across Sasuke’s skin as he slowly got up from his lap pillow.

He looked around and finally spotted Naru.

He looked at her with a cold expression on his face.

Then he started mumbling: “I need to get stronger. I am the avenger … if I don’t get stronger … then …”

He slowly got up and started walking away, not caring about his Team and the others at all.

Naru got up as well and walked after him.

Sakura had wanted to follow them, but Naruto held her back: “Let her handle this, we can’t do much here anyway.”

Sakura sighed and sat down again, a slightly sad gaze in her eyes. She’d wanted to be a pillar of strength for her friend, but … she was not so sure of her own self anymore. Seeing Naru kill 3 people today and seeing Sasuke like that … back to his old self … she didn’t know what was to become of their team.

 

 

A/N: So … uh. This was rather experimental I’d say. Just let me know what you think of it. ?

44