One Month of Training – Part 29
1.9k 17 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly but surely everyone left the arena.

Naru made her way over to the hospital, having already sensed Sasuke’s presence she just walked over to his room, not caring about whether she was allowed to do so or not.

She saw him sleeping on the bed and looked over at Kakashi, who was sitting on a chair next to his bed and reading a book.

“Hello.” Kakashi said, raising his eyes from his book for a second before looking downwards again.

“Hello, Kakashi-sensei.” Naru said as she moved over to Sasuke’s sleeping body.

She raised her right hand and moved to touch the curse mark on Sasuke’s neck.

“It’s sealed quite well. I should be able to … burn the majority of it away, if not everything. But it’ll weaken him for a few weeks for sure. I’ll ask him what he wants to when he wakes up.” Naru thought, also grabbing a chair and sitting down.

Sometime later, she started watching the sky. How the clouds passed by and how they sometimes had forms.

She always liked watching the sky when she was bored. Especially the night sky. The stars had always calmed her, especially in her past life.

 

 

A few hours later, after several people had come to visit, but left again, Sasuke finally awoke.

He looked around, and upon seeing Naru he just smiled.

She smiled back but did not say anything.

Kakashi said: “How are you feeling, Sasuke?”

Sasuke nodded: “I’m alright, sensei.”

Kakashi nodded and then rose from his seat before going towards the door.

“I’ll leave you two alone for a bit.” He said, having been able to read the mood.

Then he was gone.

Silence returned.

“What do you want to do about the curse mark?” Naru asked.

Naru knew … his next words would decide everything.

If he decided to keep the mark … then that meant that he chose Orochimaru and revenge over her.

If he chose to have her remove it, then … while he may be weakened for a few weeks, he could still train and try to take the finals.

This, right now, was the crossroad.

Sasuke closed his eyes, thinking.

Soon, he opened them again and asked: “You can remove it?”

Naru nodded.

“What would happen if you did?” He asked.

“Your chakra pathways would be damaged for a few weeks. I can’t estimate the exact time, I’m not that good at medical-ninjutsu yet. But, you could still train and try to make Chunin.” Naru said.

He closed his eyes.

After a few seconds of silence, he finally voiced his answer.

“Okay. Little fox, please remove it.” He said.

Her eyes widened.

“Staying?” She asked.

He nodded.

“I thought about it … I … will not leave you for my revenge. I’ll find a different way. There needs to be a different way. Because, I can’t … give up either you or my revenge. It’s ambitious … and I might never be able to complete my revenge by staying … but I’ll stay with you, little fox. I need you.” He said, opening his eyes and smiling at Naru.

Naru smiled back and said: “I’m glad. I’m truly glad. If you had chosen to leave, then …” She paused. “For me, you would have been dead. I want you to know that. I’m selfish. You cannot choose your revenge and make me wait. I won’t wait. Ever. It’s either you take me with you when you go to take your revenge, or you leave and never come back.”

He chuckled and nodded: “I know that, don’t worry. I couldn’t endure it either if you were to suddenly leave me for a reason … as small … as revenge. I can’t believe I’m actually saying that revenge is … small. But … I know now, after feeling your gazes these past few days … that coldness in your eyes … that indifference. It scares me. I can’t endure that. I need you in my life, even if I need to give up my revenge.”

Naru didn’t want to wait anymore.

She moved onto the bed and sat down on his legs.

She moved her arms around his neck and kissed his lips. Slowly, their lips opened, and their tongues connected.

This was their very first … kiss … like this.

And it was mind-numbing, for both of them.

They let go, only to instantly move in for more.

They had missed each other’s touch these past few days.

And now … it was like two addicts had finally gotten what they needed.

At some point, Sasuke fell back into the soft hospital bed, their tongues, however, never left each other.

A few minutes later, Naru raised her head.

They looked into each other’s eyes, seeing the love and the affection … and the warmth.

Both of their faces were flushed red. Naru laid down beside him, hugging his arm.

Soon, both fell asleep, totally forgetting that their sensei would come back later.

 

 

[The next day]

“Little fox?” Sasuke asked gently.

The girl had been hogging his left arm and leg all to herself throughout the night, he had been totally unable to move.

He called out a few more times until she finally stirred and lazily opened her eyes.

“Hnn~?” She mumbled, still half-asleep, as she always was when she fell asleep with him by her side.

“I’m okay now, we should probably be able to leave soon.” He said, to which she only returned a nod before closing her eyes again.

“Hey~, don’t fall asleep again~” He whispered, stroking her cheek with his other hand.

It took him a few more minutes, before he was finally able to coax her into getting up.

“Are you sure that you are fine?” Naru asked, as she saw him get up from his bed.

He nodded: “Yea, I’m okay. Let’s go, the clothes that Naruto brought yesterday should be over there.”

He walked over to an empty, unused bed and noticed that Naruto had brought him a similar outfit set to the one he had been wearing on the day of the first test. This time, however, it wasn’t completely black, instead it was a dark blue, which he also did not dislike.

He smiled at Naruto’s thoughtfulness, feeling happy to have such a great friend.

He quickly changed his clothes and they left the room.

“His muscles have really grown nicely lately~.” Naru thought, as they walked down the hospital corridor holding hands.

Soon, they left the hospital and walked towards their apartment.

 

 

“Let’s sleep in one bed from now on, okay?” Naru asked.

“Let’s do that, I actually wanted to ask you too~.” Sasuke said, smiling at Naru.

Naru giggled, and upon entering their apartment she asked: “Nii-chan, are you here?”

Naruto appeared from inside his room: “Oh, you are back?”

“Yeah. Thanks for bringing me clothes yesterday.” Sasuke said, smiling.

Naruto looked at the two of them and smiled, shaking his head: “Don’t worry, it’s all good as long as you two are okay.”

Naru walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

He just gently stroked her hair and smiled.

Naru let go again and walked back towards Sasuke before joining her hand with his once again.

“Let’s ask Kakashi if there is anything he can train us in?” Sasuke asked the two of them.

Naruto shook his head: “I’m good actually. I met someone that will train me for the coming month.”

“Hoh~?” Naru looked at him with a smirk on her face. “Who is it?”

“It’s Jiraiya, one of the Sannin.” Naruto said.

“Eh?” Naru was stunned. She never thought that he’d meet one of them right in the city and that he’d be willing to just randomly train him for a month. But … well, Orochimaru is also here … so … it’s not that random, or so she guessed.

 

 

“Hmm … sure I can train you. But …” Kakashi said, looking at the two of them.

“Please teach me a strong new jutsu!” Sasuke almost shouted.

Kakashi smiled: “Sure, actually … I have just the thing that will fit you. It’s a jutsu I created myself~.”

 

 

Across the month, while Naruto, Sasuke and Naru were trained by their respective sensei, Guy visited Sasuke and Naruto and gave them a body training schedule and weights that would serve to highly bolster their speed and body strength.

They wouldn’t reach Lee’s level, but they could certainly outshine almost all of their peers. On the topic of Lee … he was still in the hospital and had severe injuries.

In the short span of a month, Naruto’s and Sasuke’s strength skyrocketed.

Their bodies finally broke their former limits and got stronger again.

Sasuke and Naru learned how to use the Chidori and Sasuke even held sparring fights against Kakashi every day, making him grow considerably.

Naruto was able to learn the summoning jutsu from Jiraiya, and with the help of Kurama, Naruto was able to summon Gamabunta and nearly defeat him in a fight.

By now, Naruto finally had full control over the portion of Kurama’s chakra that he was allowed to use. His body simply could not handle too much of it yet.

Kurama’s chakra was a pure white, totally unlike the usual blue that humans normally use. It was a curious thing to Jiraiya, as he heard that the Kyuubi’s chakra was supposed to be red and filled with malice.

Something had clearly happened to the Kyuubi and he was quite curious to find out what exactly changed, but Naruto did not tell him anything yet.

 

 

During the month, Naru had also been trying hard at combining the five main elements she was able to use into one.

She did not succeed in fully combining them, but she was able to create secondary elements that were gained by combining two elements.

This month of intensive training with her elements had given her the ability to combine any two of the five elemental natures to create something new. For example, she really liked using the ice and wood style. She would, of course, not use them randomly as she knew that these kind of abilities were usually only attainable by having some kind of kekkei genkai.

However, she did not manage to combine five, or even three chakra natures. It seemed impossible at first … but, she later noticed that she was missing something.

Something fundamental.

When she decided to consult Kurama about it, he said that there was one more nature release and that she actually already knew how to use it. Or at least, kind of use it. She had used it instinctively back when she split the two of them apart. Kurama called it the Yin- and Yang-Release.

Even after knowing what she was lacking, she did not progress any further. She did not even truly understand what the Yin and the Yang of this particular release was.

And Kurama could not help her much with it either. He only knew its name because it was the release that his father had used to split up the ten-tails.

 

[One day before the finals, in Lee’s hospital room]

“Why the hell were you trying to kill him? Do you have any personal problems with him?” Shikamaru asked Gaara.

“Hah, killing people is what makes me feel alive.” Gaara said.

“Gaara holds the one-tails, Naruto. He is similar to you, yet different. If anyone could understand him, then that’s you. I can feel it, you want to help him because he … is hated, just like you are.” Kurama said, feeling Naruto’s discomfort.

Naruto watched as Gaara held his head in pain.

Gaara slowly used his Sand to get closer to Lee … when Guy-sensei entered the room and diffused the situation.

Soon, Gaara left, vowing to kill Naruto and Shikamaru later on.

 

 

A/N: Okay, that last scene was a bit … meh. But I honestly did not know how to write it, so I just kind of … skipped through it. Next time is the actual third test.

48