C: Li Suren
3.6k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: I'll be honest, this story might very well be a daily one since I'm already up to chapter 5. Short chapters but quick updates. I really just want to get this out before I lose my mind~

*****

The day Jun Yibai's life changed was uneventful for the most part. He went to school and walked home. Nothing new or special.

Yet on his way home, he heard some noise.

"Ew, look at how pale he is!" A voice sneered. "Is he a ghost?"

"That would explain how quiet he is."

"Come on, make some noise, ghost!"

"Yeah, or else how will you anyone notice you when you start haunting us?" The trio of voice laughed as if ghosts weren't scary enough to make them piss themselves. Like they were tough for ganging up on a single kid.

It was at this moment, Jun Yibai's life changed, the turning point. He could have walked on, ignoring the bullies as he had many times before. If he got involved, they'd only turn their attention onto him. That's how it always went.

Yet his feet remained rooted to the floor, his hands clenched around the straps of his backpack as he stared down at the concrete below. The voices were echoing through him and something spurred him into action. He couldn't stay still.

There was no fight. Due to his family's profession, all the men in his family were fairly big despite being betas. Compared to an Alpha, they were small but to most, they were huge. Jun Yibai was no exception.

As such, the bullies took one look at the towering child standing behind them and ran, fearful he might do something. Not that Yibai would. It wasn't his way.

He turned to the bullied child, wanting to help him up and go on his way but stopped short when hed realized what had drawn the trio's attention.

This child was way too pretty,  resembling a fairy that had come to earth. With skin like porcelain and near silver hair flowing down his shoulders with a pair of black eyes staring up at him. Putting it all together, this person looked way too much like a rabbit, shivering under Jun Yibai's indifferent gaze.

Now Jun Yibai didn't know much about what an Omega or an Alpha was. His secondary gender was still unknown and as a child, he couldn't smell the telltale scent of either gender. To him, Alpha and Omega were just words, something whispered and dismissed with derision.

Perhaps a normal person would have been charmed by the sight, feeling happy to have such a lovely face stare up at him. Yet staring down at this child, whose pale skin glowed under the sun and wide eyes filled with tears, he could feel what his parents had warned him about.

His instincts screamed: this person was trouble.

"I don't want to associate with you." He said, turning away. "Please forget this happened."

Those were the first words he spoke to Li Suren, a child a pretty and soft as a rabbit.

As the child ran away, his mind was on other matters. He'd go home, do his homework and forget about that pretty boy who made his skin tingle. His family edicts were law after all. He would just make sure to avoid that kid from now on.

Li Suren, watching his savior run away, felt a rush of longing in his heart. His own instincts reaching out to that retreating back. His expression dropped, looking less bunny-like by the second.

This person dared to take one look at him and say such things? Did he think this prince was someone who followed other people's orders? Was he this prince's master?!

He smiled, feeling a sudden determination to become close to that person, no matter what.

73