Chapter 2 – First Interactions
5.1k 18 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Author's Note: Btw, I made a discord feel free to join: https://discord.gg/9vFZC9m

"||? ᒲ?ᒲᒲᔑ ᓭ? ⎓ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ?ᓭ ⍑ᔑ↸ ℸ ̣ ? ᓵꖎᔑ!¡ ℸ ̣ ? ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ⍑ᒷ∷ ↸╎ᓭᔑ!¡!¡ᒷᔑ∷. ||? ᒲ?ᒲᒲᔑ ᓭ? ⎓ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ∴⍑ᒷリ ᓭ⍑ᒷ ⊣?ℸ ̣ ?リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᒷ╎⊣⍑╎リ⊣ ᓭᓵᔑꖎᒷ ╎ℸ ̣ ᓭᔑ╎↸ "i リᒷᒷ↸ ||?⚍∷ ∴ᒷ╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ , リ?ℸ ̣ ||?⚍∷ !¡⍑?リᒷ リ⚍ᒲʖᒷ∷". Y? ᒲ?ᒲᒲᔑ ᓭ? ?ꖎ↸, ⍑ᒷ∷ ⎓. "

'I'll kill them, I'll kill them all, I'll kill them all for this.'
That thought resonated within her mind, the same mind which was now filled with boiling rage and anger.
'I've worked so hard! I've worked so hard to get what I had from Earth! I've worked so hard and made so many sacrifices! But all of those were taken away!' was also inside Rei's mind.

Rei knew of these tropes, she bought enough manga to know what this situation meant.
The kingdom summons heroes from another world to deal with their problem, which was most of the time a Demon Lord. Although most of the Demon Lord trope isekais now involved a twist in them, namely the ones where more than only one hero is summoned, if this follows the usual tropes...
'There is always that one guy with the bad status...I drew the short stick again didn't !?'

'Calm down, get rid of your emotions and make your mind clear, there is no use getting emotions mixed up in trains of thought.' Rei calmed herself down.
Slowed her heart rate and eased her emotional burden within seconds.
'That person...with the crown on his head he is obviously a king...that girl next to him...a princess? his queen? maybe his advisor?'
Rei made clear theories inside her head and analyzed her situation, it was a habit Rei had whenever she was in a pinch.

Rei looked at her 4 classmates, 1 of them...Ryuuji was looking at her still slightly bloodshot eyes, Takeshi, Uruka and Shion looked like they could freely understand the Lambert's words. The 3 were clearly speaking in Japanese, whilst conversing with King Lambert who was speaking in a completely different language.
The 3 would ask questions in Japanese and the King would answer in a fluent tone, even with different languages they had such a conversation going.
Ryuuji looked at King Lambert as well, his face clearly looking upset.

"Isn't this basically kidnapping!?" Ryuuji said.

King Lambert also replies to Ryuuji's questions in serious-sounding tone.

"What do you mean the Goddess sent us?"

"No way...so you're saying that the Demon Lord has the only spell that can make us return in his possession?"

"But we're only simple humans! How can we fight something you can't!?"

"Levels? Level up by killing monsters? Do you think this is some kind of game!?"

Rei got the gist of their situation from that short span of a conversation.
'This is a ruse, a scam, a lie....either he possesses the way back or...there is no way back at all.'

"Status..." Rei said in a soft whisper that she would only hear. She had a little knowledge about these stereotypes and this was usually the part where a floating board tells her what her abilities are.

"Properties?" Rei whispered again.

"Statistics?" At this point Rei had already given up.

'A leveling system? You level up by killing monsters? What a scam!'

Rei couldn't distinguish truth or lie, Rei was confused, not only could she not understand how these highschool children would defeat a demon lord but she could not understand the words coming out of the natives. If a normal person was in Rei's shoes they would be panicking right now...they SHOULD be panicking right now.

However...that was what a normal person would do, and Rei wasn't even a human to begin with, not figuratively but literally.

Rei absorbed the contents of their conversation, every time she heard a new word, she would attach a term to this, this was how she becamme multi-lingual back on Earth,
by listening to the contents of a foreign conversation, she could learn that language or a bare outline of it within minutes. It sounded impossible, but she was
engineered with a capacity like this, as not to lose to her former friends, Aria, Fel, and Zed.

"My name is Ryuuji, this is Takeshi, this is Shion, this is Uruka, and this is..."

'You fool! You just gave your own names to a person who just basically kidnapped you!' Rei screamed internally.

"My name is Yuusha(Hero), no second name." interrupted Rei instantly, she wasn't going to let a dumb kid give out her name to a total stranger, her captor even.

"...What?"
"Rei-cchi what did you say?"
"Was that french?"
"Was that even a language of Earth?"

Well of course the students of Japan wouldn't understand what Rei just said, It was in another language after all, However to the other party...

"Oooooh! Yuusha what a wonderful name!" Lambert answered back.
"What a beautiful name indeed, your parents must've had great naming taste" The woman beside Lambert spoke for the first time.

'...You!' Yuusha almost shouted in rage.
For somebody with a background like Yuusha's, Her parents were a very sensitive subject, For she had no parents.
Rei almost impulsively shouted in rage, however managed to hold herself back. Rei had every right to be angry of course, she was forcefully dragged away from her home,
being forced to fight for a country she doesn't even live in, and furthermore insulted her indirectly.

"Haha yes they do." Yuusha answered with a cheerful smile.
"Pardon me, I don't think I've introduced myself, My name is Listicia Priscia, the 2nd Princess and also the Oracle of this Kingdom." the yellow-haired girl...
Listicia answered with a cheerful smile as well.

'Oracle? What's an Oracle? Yet another term I am unfamiliar with, although it vexes me, I did just start speaking the language.' Yuusha thought before thinking of her
next words.
She could not be cautious enough with her words in the face of royalty.
'Although I doubt they would betray the person that they think is going to save their country in the long term.'

"What a beautiful name as well, Even more so than mine."
"You flatter me too much Yuusha."

Listicia said so while putting her hand out, asking for a handshake.
'It would be rude to leave a princess hanging huh?' Rei felt inwardly disgusted at this.She was forced to greet her kidnapper with a smile and even shake her hand,But she still shook her hand nonetheless.
However, when Yuusha made even the slightest bit of contact with Listicia's hand, something unexpected occured.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

The princess...Listicia suddenly started screaming, her once cheerful face was now contorted in pain, she knelt on the ground while both her hands are on her head.
The knights, who surrounded the five Japanese students drew their swords and closed in on Yuusha, who was confused.

"You fiend! What did you do to Listicia-sama!" One of the knights said, unlike the other knights, this one had no helmet, His gray hair was short and he looked to be in his mid-20s.
'Considering how this one spoke to me first while the other are keeping silent, this must be a person in higher ability and position.' Rei thought wile examining the
knight with gray hair.

"Ursus, stay back." King Lambert said in an authorative voice which was unlike the happy-go-lucky tone he was using earlier.

"But my liege!"

"There are no buts, sheathe your sword, Listicia is merely suffering from the drawback of her skill [Oracle]."

"But for her to suffer for this degree!"

"It just seems that Yuusha-sama's presence is very important to the fate of humanity then."

"I...understand." The grey haired-knight...Ursus sheathed his sword, and the other knights also followed suit.

In this short span of time, Listicia had already fainted from the pain, King Lambert made a sign with his hand, signalling a few maids to carry her out of the room.
'What a cold parent, his daughter faints from agonizing pain and his expression doesn't look like he even cares.' Rei judged the King silently.

However it could also be that Lambert was a great actor, as being a King required a great control over one's emotions, he could be tearing up inside and blaming Rei for the pain that assaulted her daughter.

'Well I'm one to talk though.' certainly Rei was not a Saint, but that didn't mean she believed in anything like morals. If all the people who she were transported right this second died, she wouldn't bat an eye, she would even check their corpses if they carried anything useful she could use.
The 'connection' she had for these people did not mean anything, they are merely acquaintances that Rei talked with everyday. Rei could replace them at any time.

"I am deeply sorry Heroes, but unfortunately your statuses will have to be scanned..."Lambert looks at Listicia who was being carried away on a stretcher before continuing.
"Tomorrow, your statuses shall be scanned tomorrow, in the meantime please feel free to explore the castle." The King claps and four young men came out from the same
which Listicia exited from.

"These squires shall be responsible for guiding you throughout the castle, as well take care of your needs, If you have any questions or requests, you may inquire them for help."

"My name is Henry, my position is that of a squire I am honoured to be the guide of the esteemed Hero, please do not restrain yourself and ask me if there is anything you need." Henry says so while making a perfect 90 degree angle bow.

The most common definition of squire refers to the Middle Ages. A squire was typically a teenage boy, training to become a knight. A boy became a squire at the age of 14. They were the second step to becoming a knight, after having served as a page. Boys served a knight as an attendant or shield carrier, doing simple but important tasks such as saddling a horse or caring for the knight's weapons and armor. The squire would sometimes carry the knight's flag into battle with his master.

A knight typically took his squire into battle and gave him a chance to prove himself. If he proved his loyalty and skill in battle, he would have a "dubbing", an
official ceremony that made him a knight. However, during the Middle Ages, the squire's rank came to be recognized in its own right; it was no longer assumed that a squire would automatically become a knight. The connection between a squire and any particular knight also ended, as did any shield-carrying duties.

They were basically knight interns with a social position higher than that of peasants.

Rei's lips curved in pleasure after hearing what they squire...Henry said, it was the first time since arriving here that Rei felt good.

"Then, would you please take me to the library?" Rei said with a warped smile on her face, unable to control her pleasure.

 


 

Rei was in a good mood.
Rei was truly in a good mood.
Rei was in a truly very good mood.

Rei was now in the royal library, the other 4 heroes were all in different locations, after being forcefully persuaded by the squires, however Rei knew how to negotiate, and eventually Henry himself was coerced into taking Rei into the royal library.

'They probably wanted to split us up as an effort to cut off communication, so we would hesitate to even think about escaping...what a shrewd fellow.'

Rei made Henry wait outside, under the pretext of 'I cannot read, however just looking at books relaxes my mind.' and it worked perfectly.

Although she made Henry go outside, it wasn't like she was alone, there were librarians and guards stationed there and there, keeping an eye on her and not letting her anywhere near books that might be categorized in the 'goverment secrets' class. Although that was a big let-down, Rei's current objective was to learn the common sense of this world, what factors she could and should consider when making her plans, and how she should go about putting them in action.

The library truly was big, almost every book had a leather cover with incomprihensible text written inside.
Well, it WAS incomprihensible...until 5 minutes ago.

After comparing the Priscian Alphabet to characters of every major language on Earth, Rei ultimately deciphered the Priscian Alphabet within 30 minutes, although it was just the basics, that was enough for Rei to gain information to read every book, naturally Rei prioritised the books which held the Geography, Geology, Economy, Hierarchy, Governmental Structure, Culture, and Leading Figures at the present time.
Rei had a belief.
It went as "Information is ammunition, Imagination is the weapon, and Strength is the will to pull the trigger." Rei fervently and zealously believed in this belief.
As she not only believed it was the only belief that was accurate, but the perfect match for her thought proccess.

Not only that, but Rei's reading speed was at a phenomenal level. She finished a 200-page book within 5 minutes, 2 minutes if she discards reading all the pointless terms, however Rei believed that nothing should be skipped in the Geography books, Magical indexes, Language dictionaries, and Monster/Race collections.

Rei was summoned early in the morning, however when she finished going through the important books it was already the afternoon.
'Time passes by really fast when you're gaining power.' Rei thought. However she fervently believed that the time that went so fast is time well spent.
Rei would normally take a break to eat however Rei had Henry deliver food every 2 hours to the library.

Rei continued on reading and reading up until the night, diligently reading.
However although Rei was not quite human, she was still part human, she needed to rest, and so she did, feeling satisfied as she slept while sitting on a chair, the books acted as a cushion for her thin arms and head, her straight hair spilled from the corners of the desk as they drooped down, and she closed her almost-glowing red eyes after sneakily packing a few papers into her guitar-case under the careful watch of the guards and librarians.

................

..............

.............

...........

.........

.......

.....

...

.

However that night, Rei had another nightmare.

Language Pioneer(Inborn)

Description: Communication, before one must learn to communicate one must learn the language being spoken! Piece the words together like a puzzle, mend them together and know their meanings like the solutions to a mystery!

Effects: After listening to a foreign language long enough, the user will gain basic knowledge to speak it, after a few days, the user will gain fluency on the said knowledge.

MP required: 0

Alphabet Pioneer(Inborn)

Description: Of course after you learn the verbal words, now it's time for you to learn the written version!

Effects: Learn any alphabet, as long as you have a base foudation or the verbal version of the letters.

MP required: 0

Perfect Memory(Inborn)

Description: What is the point of taking in so much information if your mind doesn't have the capacity to hold it?

Effects: Memorize writings, Moves, Patterns, Images...anything at all actually, in an instant.

MP required: 0

Booktipede(Inborn)

Description: The enhanced version of a Bookworm! Why settle for 50 legs when you can go for a hundred?

Effects: Reeeeeeeeeally fast reading speed

MP required: 0

 

General Information General Status (Estimates) Occupation and Level
Name Rei STR N/A ??? MAX
Level Non-existent AGI N/A ??? MAX
Age 16 DEX N/A ??? MAX
Race N/A WIS Immesurable ??? MAX
Sex Female CHR Immesurable ??? MAX
Aptitude(Potential) Immesurable LUK Almost non-existent ??? MAX
MP None FTH Non-existent ??? MAX

 

149