Chapter 175: Freya
8k 6 248
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spoiling Nee-san a whole lot, I returned to Orario. I left my avatar behind and cuddled with my sweaty bro-con sis.

The girls barraged me with questions. I patiently told them about the avatar. Shiori had this big, wide grin on her face. Her perverted mind was thinking of something.

This was enough for today.

We spent the evening discussing plans for the dungeon. I had 240 KP now. Literally broke. On the bright side, I had an overpowered spear, a shield capable of tanking almost anything in this world, and my avatar to multitask. The Soul Oath skill only took 4,999 KP out of my pocket. Everything was worth the price and the effort of us all. Still, I didn't have enough KP for any emergency. Tomorrow would be a hardcore grinding day.

I wanted to join Familia so badly. Either Loki and Astrea would be fine. But well, not every event went as per my plans.

I shut my eyes on both sides and gave lots of love to Klyscha.

—x—x—x—

The next day started with a bang on my door. I grumbled and looked at Grayfia humming with headphones on. Shiori introduced her to a new world yesterday.

I opened the door.

“Hello there~, it’s the woman of your dream at your doorstep.”

It was none other than narcissist Alise.

“Go away.”

She got teary-eyed and grabbed the door. “Oi, I was kidding. Let me in!”

“The girls are sleeping naked, so no.”

She clicked her tongue. “Bold of you to assume I would be interested in someone other than Ryu—” she paused and gaped.

“Asahi-kun.” Saeko approached, tying her hair into a ponytail. She quietly pecked my cheeks and headed to the other room. Grayfia and I converted it to a temporary bath since the bath of the inn was plain bad.

“Who was that lovely woman, and why did she kiss you?” Alise asked. “Don’t tell me… you’re cheating on Marikawa-san?!”

“They both are my wives.”

“You’re a player,” she muttered. “That’s not what I’m here for. Today’s Monster Feria. As a native of Orario, I’d like you to experience this wonderful festival.”

Monster Feria… isn’t the festival where the monster escaped and attacked Hestia.

“Alright, I’ll go.”

“And…” she clenched her fists. “did Apollo bother you again?”

“Nope. He’s been taken care of.”

“Huh? You joined his Familia,” she asked, wide-eyed.

“Never. I’m only interested in two Familias.”

“Who are the lucky two?”

“Yours and Loki.” I grinned and closed the door. “See ya at the festival.”

“Eh, waaaait!”

“Go away.”

It was fun to see her various reactions.

Grayfia sang to her music while the rest still showed no signs of waking. I went ahead and hugged Grayfia from behind.

“Uh?”

She freaked out and peeled off my hands. Taking off her headphones, she frowned at me.

“My Lord, let me cook.”

“No. You have to kiss me every morning.”

“I never read about a maid having that duty.”

“You’re not any other maid. You’re the beloved maid of Marikawa Family, and you have to follow the rules written in Marikawa’s ancestry.”

Grayfia glanced over to the girls still sleeping before she quickly pecked my cheeks. “Go, do your work now.”

“Yes. Be ready to go to your world.”

“I am.”

—x—x—x—

After an energetic breakfast, I dove into the dungeon with Aimi. The Monster Feria could wait for another two hours. In Yotsuba’s mansion, I finished breakfast and went to Saya’s room. Getting my head on her thighs, I whipped out the Grimoire.

While hunting the insect monsters, bears, and sentient plants on the 23rd floor, I chugged through the pages of the Grimoire.

Aimi and I focused on mobility, using the vast AOE spells to mow down hordes of monsters. The 24th floor’s sheer size amazed me. It was bigger than a town in Japan. This also made me curious about the total depth of the dungeon.

Will the last floor be in the core of the planet?

That’d be cool.

The size also made our rampage much easier. I ate my aura suppressing pills on time. These monsters weren’t worth wasting my time. Only the big guns on the lower floors could fill my XP bar fast.

I stepped out of the tunnel. Instantly, the beetles and hornets swarmed us. Gae Bolg already burned with the curse. I swiped the spear, shooting a wave of deadly flames. The fire left a pile of ashes and glittering magic stones.

Another wave of hornets burst out of a nest buried in the sap. Aimi rushed forth. I charged up with Ride Lightning and overtook her. There’d no end if the hive kept supplying the hornets.

I leaped in the air, pulled my arm back, and hurled the flaming spear at the hive. The spear exploded, and the flames consumed the hive.

I had to go and recover the spear from the purple goo. Not the best experience, but nothing—wait. Telekinesis would be the best bet for these things. Rika just so happened to have the overpowered skill.

I opened the Betroth Gift menu for Rika.

Rika Minami’s Skills:

—Firearms Mastery (B-Rank)

—Telekinesis (C-Rank)

—Eagle Eye (D-Rank)

—Dagger Mastery (D-Rank)

I never tried to check her skills. It’s been a long time since I checked anyone’s status. Eagle Eye, just like its name, was a skill to improve her concentration before taking that one shot. Excellent skill for a sniper.

I’ll do that later. First, I got Telekinesis skill.

[—You learned a new skill ‘Telekinesis’]

[—Telekinesis (F-Rank): Allows the user to condense their mental strength. The maximum range at this rank is 5m.]

Even after I get the skill, I’ll have to work on ranking it up. I looked at the spear and concentrated. It felt like a wave of invisible hands came out and yanked Gae Bolg lying between the purple liquid.

Nice!

“Asahi-sama, is that Rika-san’s telekinesis?” Aimi asked while cleaning her daggers.

“Yep.”

“Cool.”

“We should return.”

“I can stay—”

I shushed her before she finished. “We’ll go to Monster Faria first, and then you can come here with the girls if you wish. I've got something to do in Grayfia’s world.”

Aimi’s lips formed a soft smile. “I understand.”

“That’s my good girl.”

I collected the loot with telekinesis. The magic stones developed Rini’s strength, slowly turning her into a powerhouse.

We returned and cleaned up each other in the bath.

Then, came the festival time. I got on the streets with the Busujima Twins, Aimi, Leme, and Grayfia. The elves, dwarves, beastmen, amazons, and the lines of vendors filled the streets with a new life. Since I was filthy rich with the magic stones I sold—something I hadn’t felt for a while—I bought stuff for everyone.

The scorching sun weakened Grayfia just a bit, but the rest of the girls started sweating hard. We stopped at a cafe on the way where the impolite maids triggered Grayfia. The devil maid lectured the poor girls for minutes before realizing her mistake. I dragged the girls to the upper floor, where my gaze stopped on a cloaked woman quietly sipping on a tea next to the window.

The silver hair hanging from her hood reminded me of Klyscha. Her aura, however, was similar to Apollo.

The only silver-haired goddess in Orario.

Freya.

I can’t avoid her anymore.

Favorite if you liked it!

248