Chapter 178: A date
7.9k 14 249
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God and I chatted for a bit and came to an understanding. He will train me every day here. That’s where he would probably check my character as well. He was a decent person, alright. Sorry for all the curses I threw at him before.

With that, he opened a portal and sent us back to the church. The priests had already recovered from our little play and ran around the church.

In stealth, we snuck out of the church.

“Grayfia, we have time. Let’s have a date here.”

“Today’s not my rest day, My Lord,” she said. “As long as I’m in my maid dress, you mustn’t flirt with me.”

This stubborn maid. I had an idea.

‘Klyscha—’

(Catch it!)

I caught the robe that my goddess created and draped it over Grayfia. “You’re not in your maid clothes now. Let’s have fun!”

Before she could retort, I dragged her into the crowd. She sighed and folded the robe with one hand.

“Stubborn man.”

I marveled at the beauty of this era. The uncarved streets and the crudely made houses had their charms, just like the rest of the city. Holding hands, we strolled through the city.

Grayfia’s gaze lingered on the shops. Her eyes brimming with nostalgia made me smile.

“Mother took me to the market every other day. I liked listening to their talk, seeing their devotion to the work, and their smile,” Grayfia said with a soft smile and squeezed my hand. "For the same reason, I was against the war. The ones to suffer the most were commoners, soldiers, the wives who lost their husbands, and everything affected the daily lives of the citizens.”

“True.”

She narrowed her eyes with a determined expression. “That’s why... give me power. So I can stop these nonsensical wars in the future. In return, I pledge to devote everything to you.”

“As I said before, I’ll happily help my maid. Even if you want to overthrow the entire underworld and become the Empress of the underworld, I’ll help you.”

She stopped with a faint smirk on her lips. “I’ve got a better plan, My Lord. Become the Emperor of the Underworld, and I shall be your Empress.”

“Then someone else will say ‘Become the leader of the fallen angel faction and unite all three factions.’”

Grayfia chuckled at my answer. “An overprotective man like My Lord will be a great ruler. If it’s you, the three factions might be able to be peaceful with each other. It might come at the cost of some females... but you can do it.”

The idea sounded tempting, but I had no desire to be an emperor.

Still, I can't refuse my future wife's wish.

“I’ll do it if you desire it too much.” I yanked her and wrapped my arm around her waist. “You’ve to fulfill your side of the bargain. Carry half of those responsibilities as my Empress.”

“I shall.”

“Then, we wait for the civil war. I’ll kick everyone’s ass and emerge as the new emperor.”

I had hundreds of years to prepare for the event. I don't know where we will be at that time, but we will be hella strong for sure.

“Magnificent," Grayfia said with a nod.

We enjoyed another hour touring the Roman city and then returned. It was a good start for my relationship with Grayfia.

Back in Orario, I explained everything to the girls.

“A war. Asahi-kun, allow me to participate as a general.”

“Me too!”

The Busujima sisters were fired up.

“Asahi-sama, come,” Aimi called and patted her thighs. “Rest for some time.”

I could never deny an invitation like that. Her thighs helped me in recovering my mental strength. I resumed reading the Grimoire on the other side.

An hour later, something unexpected happened. I flipped the page of the Grimoire to find colorful symbols on the page. They glowed suddenly and pounced on me. I closed my eyes as numerous words flowed in my head.

[—Elemental Roulette’ ranked up to D.]

[—Water element unlocked. Magic +5]

[—You learned a new skill ‘Element Fusion’]

[—Element Fusion (Unique): The user can fuse two elements of opposing properties to create a new spell.]

This skill was worth enduring the hours of headache. I could create that ice flames Xianxia protagonists bragged about. The only thing holding this skill back was my imagination.

I finally have 4 elements while the book still had two more parts to read.

 

A hell of a ride for sure.

249