Chapter 181: Loki’s decision
7.4k 4 247
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Astraea POV]

Astraea let out a sigh. She wanted to apologize for putting Familia over his safety. Even if she did, it would mean nothing, just some hollow words coming from her position.

The children are affecting me.

Her emotions blinded her sense of justice.

It won’t do. Justice and emotions can’t go hand in hand.

“Marikawa-san, have you joined his Familia?”

“Astraea… sama,” Asahi said with a strange smile. “I haven’t.”

He was about to call without honorifics, something only the other gods did.

Should I… invite him? He seems to be a bit of a playboy with so many women around. He has to be a noble in the Far East, with these beautiful servants.

She could see the loyalty in their eyes. They weren’t after his wealth or anything, especially the gray-haired woman. The intensity of her gaze toward the boy felt like a mortal worshiping a god.

This wasn’t normal.

She shook her head and pulled back her thoughts running in the wrong direction.

I can’t impose my decision on my Familia.

She decided to hold a vote session later if her children desired to welcome a male adventurers. After all, a Familia touted as a symbol of justice should have male members as well. This courtyard could help until they become used to each other.

She tried asking about Asahi’s deal in a roundabout way, but Asahi chose to keep his mouth shut.

She hoped it wasn't anything terrible. Just in case, she will ask Lyra to investigate later. She talked a bit more with the boy and his servants before seeing them off at the door.

She returned to the mansion where Ryuu waited for her.

“Astraea-sama, you look worried.”

Ryuu chose her words carefully as always.

Astraea revealed a gentle. The elf had grown from an elf-hating lonely girl to a second class adventurer pursuing justice for everyone.

“It’s nothing… Ryuu, would you hate me if I try to add a male member to our Familia?”

Ryuu shook her head. “Astraea-sama can decide what’s best for us.”

“Not that. I want your personal opinion.”

“I… wouldn’t mind. I can’t say that about the other adventurers.”

“Don’t worry, Child. I will not let anyone join. They will have to go through a character test.”

Ryuu nodded at Astraea’s suggestion. “Looks good.”

The only thing left was the approval of the other members. She will do it after tomorrow’s expedition as this might affect their performance in the dungeon.

“Have sweet dreams, Child.”

“Goodnight, Astraea-sama.”

Astraea bade farewell and went to her room.

—x—x—x—

[Asahi POV]

With Apollo, Monster Feria, and meeting with god out of the way, I felt so relieved. I had nearly two hundred years to conquer the Underworld for Grayfia, my future Empress. At my current pace, anything above level 100 will be a dream. 

Damn it!

“Asahi-sama, anything on your mind?” Aimi asked, looking down at me. She offered a lap pillow after we returned. I just wanted to relax after drinking more than both Shiori and Saeko.

She wore a simple grey tank top, leaving her collar on full display. It was her favorite item, no questions asked.

“Just making plans for the future,” I answered.

“Everything will be fine.” she leaned down and kissed my forehead. “Won’t it?”

I went for her lips. She returned a passionate kiss as I collected myself and pushed her down.

Grayfia and the twins were in the other room, so I had the freedom. I activated the barrier and lost myself in the passion.

—x—x—x—

Twilight Manor.

Loki tapped her feet against the floor, sitting on the bed. Moonlight streamed through the window, illuminating the otherwise dark room.

“Should I do it?” she asked herself, trying to find an answer.

Riveria said that the boy and his companions were in another league compared to Bete. Their magic was enough to dazzle Riveria, the strongest magician in Orario. This magic alone reassured their potential, and then there were two new sword wielding women around the boy.

It was still a tough choice for Loki. She couldn't kick someone out based on another person’s whims. It’ll create an illusion among other adventures that they might be the next to get a boot. Loki also liked Bete a bit for his wild nature. Men like Bete could either survive long and become a true warrior or die early.

That boy is still a part of my Familia. I can’t throw him out after what he’s been through. Shall I renegotiate the terms?

Loki’s lips twisted in a grin. It’s where her strength lay—tricking others without them knowing.

Let's see what this noble from the Far East has to offer. For the time being, I’ll let him befriend Ais. The girl adores the boy; perhaps he could be her brother and calm her resentment.

She could hit two birds with one stone. Too bad, Ais just headed inside the dungeon and won’t return for two or three days.

She never thought of Ais developing feelings for a boy. It was impossible since she knew her past. A man has to be a hero like her father to steal her heart.

Favorite if you liked it!

247