Chapter 183: Training
7.7k 17 246
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I guided Rika to register in the guild. My connection with the stern half-elf Eina gave me the freedom to introduce her without any prior background.

“Aa-chan, good luck with your training,” Rika said and kissed my cheeks in front of the guild.

She walked away, leaving me under the envious gazes of numerous males. I advanced into Orario’s maze-like streets and teleported to the DxD world in a deserted street.

Klyscha sent me directly to the god’s room. The old man made a face as if he was suffering from a heart attack.

“H-How did you get here?”

“I don’t know.”

I used perhaps my greatest trump card, the innocent face.

“This boy ruined the honey trap,” the god whispered with a troubled expression. “Are you here to train?”

Honey trap? Wait… did he intend to seduce me? Don’t tell me that the almighty god swings that way?!

‘Klyscha, protect me if you see his motives… swinging.’

(With all my power!)

“Boy, answer,” the god urged.

“Yeah,” I said. “Do you have a nickname or anything that’s not so grandiose?”

He rubbed the tiny goatee on his chin. “I never felt the need to make one. I will grant you the opportunity. Choose a good one for your elder.”

Naming the most well-known god—this guy threw a trial at the very start.

“How about Zeus?”

He stared at me with dead eyes. “Boy, of all the things out there, you had to choose the name of that disgusting rapist.”

My joke rubbed him the wrong way. What do I name him though? Jesus? Goku? Kirito? Never mind the last two.

“You don’t have to choose it right now. Let us proceed to the training.”

That gave me some room to breathe. I’ll postpone it like everything else to a later date. I have yet to test the power of elemental fusion and so much more. Spending time with the waifus and the dungeon took up most of the schedule.

The god guided me to an empty chamber that had a normal white marbled floor instead of the clouds. He summoned a sword and pointed it at me. The very sword he used to slay the Heavenly Dragons.

“Come, boy. Show the might of brilliant youth.”

It’s called sparring, not training.

I swallowed the retort and chanted Ayamur. Since it was a friendly spar, I might as well go at him with a full bang.

He narrowed his eyes at the spear. “You’re full of surprises. Never before have I seen a magic spell like this.”

“Get used to things like this,” I said with an innocent smile and rushed at him.

He titled to dodge the first blow and stepped back to evade a wide swing, I switched to fast attacks but the old man avoided each one with grace as if he had foresight. I enchanted myself with every reinforcement spell.

“Ohhh. Your power grew so much.”

God was left in awe at the Diva’s powers. I gave him no time and threw myself at him. My spear clashed with his sword; the shockwave made his white robes flutter.

His lips grew a condescending smile. “This isn’t the power I hoped to see from you.”

He put pressure on the sword, forcing me back. My stubborn self refused to accept defeat. I planted my feet deep into the ground and pushed back.

A golden glow rose from his sword and exploded in my face. I found myself flying back, crashing into the wall. I sprang back to my feet and glanced down. Blood oozed from the long cuts on my chest and ribs. Although they looked scary, I only felt a bit tingle.

This guy’s nerfed version overpowered me. As expected of someone from God in the top 10 list of this world, he was on another level altogether.

“Your attacks lack clarity. You have no real technique. Overwhelming raw power is all you have,” he calmly stated my weaknesses, which I was fully aware of. “You can easily overwhelm me with brute force if I didn’t borrow my children’s power. However, you won’t last a single against that kid god.”

“Kid god?” I kept my eyes on the wounds. My Life Element flowed out as a white glow and weaved back the wounds.

“Shiva—that pure energy,” he said, his shaking finger pointing at my chest. “It’s purer than Gabriel’s holy power.”

Wait a second. This guy was after Life Element instead of my unawakened Holy Element.

“What’s the use of purity?”

He returned his sword somewhere before he summoned two chairs. “Take a seat. This shall be your first lesson.”

Once I sat down, he gave me a soft smile. “Trihexa, you know of its existence. I have a suspicion that Trihexa is not a beast born from this world. I would’ve informed other Pantheons but I lack the solid evidence to back my claims.”

“Why do you think so?”

He shook his head at my question. “I have never faced a beast of this formidable nature. What’s more, the Great Red and Infinity Dragon God know nothing of its existence. Infinity Dragon God is a weird one, but the Great Red will know of a creature on par with her in strength.”

Did he say on par with her? Her? The fuck? Did the fanfiction logic twist this guy up as well?

There goes my dream of harvesting XP from the Great Red. I can’t raise my hands on a non-hostile woman; that’s against my morals!

“You get what I’m trying to say here?”

I nodded. “Trihexa is a bitch from another world.”

“...We can also put it that way. I was able to seal it alone because Trihexa is weak against attacks imbued with pure lifeforce,” he continued with a somber expression. “Can you understand the weight of this responsibility? You can deny it right now if you feel it’s too heavy for your shoulders.”

I shook my head. Trihexa was going to become XP either way.

The god formed a gentle smile. “There is no turning back, Asahi Marikawa. Your true training starts now.”

I gulped. This was going to be hard.

Favorite if you liked it!

246